Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 4,946 times

Advertisements

Hi, Is it true that Promenade in Traditions has Chinese drywall. Any good places for a retiree in that area??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 07:10 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
I live in Tradition and NO you do NOT want to live in The Promenade - YES there is Chinese drywall in there. It may not show up in one unit but that doesn't mean the one next door doesn't have it.

It will affect your upper respiratory and you will feel like you have the flu all the time. If it can eat copper and your computer, imagine what its doing to you

as for your questions about other places to retire - yes, any other place in Tradition, and if you want a 55+ there is Seasons in Tradition, and Cascades or Kings Isle along St Lucie West Blvd.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,946 times
Thank you for the suggestions......this sight is great for learning things. We had no idea about the chinese drywall until i came upon this sight doing a search for more info. Thank you so much. I think we better come down and rent and take a look around. Here goes another hunt ....
Anyone know of any seasonal units that allow a little dog. Can't leave him behind. He's just a little guy but is a sweetie. Thanks for any help.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,965 times
Hi. I'm very new to all of this forum stuff. But I'm needing some advice on moving to the area, schools, and drives. My husband is looking at a job with the Port St Lucie Nuclear Power Plant off of Huchinson Island. Traditions sounds very similar to where we live now (just on a grander scale). My questions are.... How far of a commute would my husband have? And I'm reading that the schools in the area are bad, however I have done some research on the schools and some of them have high ratings, especially the Charter school in Tradition. Is that a good school to consider for my children? And is there a long waiting list the get them in? Plus, with my husband's job and move I would rather rent for a year before making a permanent decision on buying. Is renting a single family home available in tradition?...and is the rent average price?
Would love some advice and direction!!!

Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
I live in Tradition - I'm also a Realtor . The plant is literally across on the other side of PSL...over on Hutchison Island, from Tradition. Not close in driving time at all. If you were to put both sides on mapquest you would see the distance between there and I95. As much as I would love to have you rent and or buy here, I would honestly say the drive is too far for your husband unless he doesn't mind it. Rentals in Tradition run from about 1200 up. Most include lawn, cable and Internet.

The Charter school here is great. They are also planning a Charter High School. You have to apply to get in the Charter schools. They are part of the regular school system but they are run differently.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,965 times
Thank you for replying back to me. And for being honest! I LOVE the area! Wish it was closer to the plant. :-(

Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM

42 posts, read 76,586 times
Hi eveyone, I have been reading this thread today and I am excited to move to port st. Lucie. I am only 28 and living in new York city so I know it will be quite a transition for me.

I bought a place in the heart of port st. Lucie in one of those gated communities. Everyone seems very nice and I am excited for the move which will be July 14th.

Next step is to find a decent job, good thing I have a masters in social work. Hopefully it will help me out lol.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:27 PM

42 posts, read 76,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tascam View Post
Unless you live in PSL West, PGA, or Tradition, PSL is a disgusting pit filled with low lifes and rednecks. They drive like idiots, tailgate you if you obey the speed limit like I do. I get sick to my stomach dring through PSL. Thank god I live in PGA Village which is extremely nice. But PSL is otherwise a disgusting ghetto.
I think those are quite harsh words. I went to visit PSL before I decided to move and all I saw was a very well kept area with very nice people.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:57 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
Agree with christain84...some areas nicer than other but certainly not a disgusting pit filled with lowlife and rednecks at all.....

Old 06-19-2012, 04:43 PM

361 posts, read 749,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tascam View Post
Unless you live in PSL West, PGA, or Tradition, PSL is a disgusting pit filled with low lifes and rednecks. They drive like idiots, tailgate you if you obey the speed limit like I do. I get sick to my stomach dring through PSL. Thank god I live in PGA Village which is extremely nice. But PSL is otherwise a disgusting ghetto.
If you think it's bad here take a trip down to Miami and try to drive around there. I have not run across 1 "ghetto" in PSL. Fort Pierce, yes. Not PSL. If you consider PSL to be ghetto then you seriously need to take a trip to some major cities. I just moved from Miami and PSL is a much nicer area. Sure, some homes are a bit unkept but they are far from "ghetto". What you see in PSL is expected from the housing crash. One thing I can say is that the people I have encountered in PSL are 10 times nicer than the people in Miami.

The houses in my area are all pretty well kept except for 1 older looking home that is a bit unkept.

* Note: I do not live in PSL West but very close to it. (Near California & Del Rio)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach