Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:45 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,406,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSatin View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but since people here are parents I thought someone might have had this experience. I took a home pregnancy test last night. It was earlier than I thought I should take it, but just couldn't handle the wait and figured if I got a negative I could at least then convince myself that it's too early and stop freaking for a couple more days. I took it at 10 days past ovulation and it says best results after at least 13 on the website I checked.

Well, I took the test anyway and got a faint positive result. It's the kind where a second line is supposed to show up and it was a very faint line. It's visible, but not dark like the other one. Has anyone had this happen and then had a negative come after it? From what I have seen that is usually followed, when it's closer to the day of your period, by a more visible positive test.

I'm really excited about this, but trying to keep a level head because I am waiting until Sunday morning to try again so I don't waste money on buying the tests. Anybody had this happen? Thanks!
It took me 3 pregnancy tests to convince me I was pregnant. The first one was also faint line like yours and with each test the line got darker.
Keep us posted on how it turns out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
A sure sign of pregnancy in my world is gagging when I brush my teeth. But that queasy feeling leads me to believe you're having a touch of morning sickness.

I also took about 4 tests- I couldn't believe I was pregnant! Any my son is now almost 15 and I still have that first test I took in his memory box. Save yours too. It's pretty neat to look at every once in a while.
OMG! I thought I was the only one gagging while brushing teeth during pregnancy!

Old 12-07-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSatin View Post
for the headache? i don't think my boss would like that... i'm actually trying some peanut butter crackers first since i didn't eat much yet today. we don't have regular tylenol in the office and i don't feel like going to the store.
it's ok to take tylenol once in the while during pregnancy, but don't overdo it.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:51 AM

582 posts, read 2,011,213 times
I very rarely take Tylenol anyway... the peanut butter crackers helped the headache some so I'm going to try eating lunch and see if that fixes the problems.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:00 PM

955 posts, read 3,652,223 times
a line is a line!! if it showed up in the required time period and had color to it its considered positive... just retest in a day or two! My first tests have always been super light lines but the next day there was no mistaking it!

Yep tylenol is ok - your doc can give you a safe med list for pregnancy - tums have been my friend for sure Robotusin DM is also safe if needed

The best fix for my headaches have been LOTS of water!!

Old 12-07-2007, 03:13 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,385,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
OMG! I thought I was the only one gagging while brushing teeth during pregnancy!
Ugh, I dreaded brushing my teeth in the morning while pregnant. It was like torture!!!

Let us know how the next test goes. When I was pregnant with my son, I took 4 home tests over a 6 week period and they were all negative. My Dr had to do a blood test to see if I was pregnant or not. I didn't have any faint lines like you did. Hopefully Congradulations will be in order.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:21 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,848,129 times
That's funny- I thought the toothbrush thing made me a freak......... it was horrible!

Old 12-07-2007, 06:21 PM

Took a digital, much clearer answer. I wrapped it up in Hanukkah paper for my husband's gift tonight to give him the good news.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:30 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,848,129 times
Oh! I can't wait to hear his reaction!!!!!

Old 12-07-2007, 06:36 PM

I got a big kiss and it took him about 20 minutes to stop smiling... he's kind of a quiet reserved guy so that was a great reaction for him. He was nervous the light line was going to be a false positive, he didn't realize that didn't happen. So cute... now he's already worried about me being healthy... right after giving me a chocolate fondue set for Hanukkah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy