Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 05:06 PM

128 posts, read 177,906 times

Advertisements

I didn't always because I was lazy. Now, I think of this thread and these comments and take that extra minute or two to put it back where it's suppose to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 06:20 PM

35,714 posts, read 21,081,460 times
time for a commercial break

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznix7Daw4M

Last edited by tinytrump; 11-05-2013 at 06:34 PM..

Old 11-05-2013, 07:37 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
It is the store employee job to collect the carts from the corral, but it is the shoppers' responsibility to return them to the corral. It is the right thing to do to avoid damage to other shoppers' cars and not block parking spaces. To not return the carts to the corral shows a disregard for others and laziness.
No it isn't. There is no law against leaving your cart in a parking space, and by shopping at the store, you have entered into no contractual agreement to do so. People, in an infinite number of ways, show disregard for others and laziness.

If you want to use a parking space that has a cart in it, get out and move the cart and then pull into the space. It will take you less time than it would have taken for the previous customer to wheel the cart to the corral. In fact, while you are walking from your car to the store, and you see a misplaced cart, move it, instead of showing disregard and laziness and just complaining about it. You don't have time and it is too much trouble, right?

That's what community responsibility is -- taking care of things that other people don't take care of. Some people have to take more than their share of responsibility, to make up for those who take less. It would make a better world. When I'm walking to my mailbox, and I see litter on the ground, I pick it up and carry it to the trash bin by the mailboxes. Not a big deal. It's my responsibility. Ranting about the people who threw it there is not my responsibility.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:55 AM

No it isn't. There is no law against leaving your cart in a parking space, and by shopping at the store, you have entered into no contractual agreement to do so. People, in an infinite number of ways, show disregard for others and laziness.

If you want to use a parking space that has a cart in it, get out and move the cart and then pull into the space. It will take you less time than it would have taken for the previous customer to wheel the cart to the corral. In fact, while you are walking from your car to the store, and you see a misplaced cart, move it, instead of showing disregard and laziness and just complaining about it. You don't have time and it is too much trouble, right?

That's what community responsibility is -- taking care of things that other people don't take care of. Some people have to take more than their share of responsibility, to make up for those who take less. It would make a better world. When I'm walking to my mailbox, and I see litter on the ground, I pick it up and carry it to the trash bin by the mailboxes. Not a big deal. It's my responsibility. Ranting about the people who threw it there is not my responsibility.[/quote]

please see:

CIA: Shopping Cart Edition - YouTube

Old 11-06-2013, 12:12 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
What does that video have to do with carts damaging people's cars?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:35 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,453,483 times
MOD(S) - How can I get this thread to disappear from my list of "Participated Threads"? I am no longer interested in reading this thread and it won't die LOL

Please any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
What does that video have to do with carts damaging people's cars?
I said 3 times it s not about the damage... and it has to be a REAL rough area for folks to have so many damages from carts?? Came out of Miami with 7 million people and only heard of ONE person ever having damage by a cart,,, ?? please do not get ill over this... bigger problems in the world.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:03 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I said 3 times it s not about the damage... and it has to be a REAL rough area for folks to have so many damages from carts?? Came out of Miami with 7 million people and only heard of ONE person ever having damage by a cart,,, ?? please do not get ill over this... bigger problems in the world.

I guess in your world, nothing upsets you.....because.....after all.....there are ALWAYS bigger problems than yours.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:33 PM

1,485 posts, read 955,484 times
You should scan a Costco lot sometime. That would make WalFart look tame in comparison. And those carts are huge.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:11 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,501,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
That's what community responsibility is -- taking care of things that other people don't take care of. Some people have to take more than their share of responsibility, to make up for those who take less. It would make a better world.
Yes. This. I am teaching my son about this. He's going from living in a private dude apartment to sharing a 3 room apartment with random strangers. One of them is female, and I'm telling him, if she sees pubes on the toilet or skid marks inside it she is NOT going to assume in a million years they are hers because to her, unless she's really unusual, All Men Are Pigs. He needs to leave it spotless every time he uses it even if it that's not the way he found it. Besides, it's penance for years of neglecting his private toilet ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology