Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2013, 03:23 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I guess in your world, nothing upsets you.....because.....after all.....there are ALWAYS bigger problems than yours.
Yes, I'm very cognizant that people have bigger problems than mine. And I assure you, their bigger problems have nothing to do with little dings or scuffs in their cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 08:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
No it isn't. There is no law against leaving your cart in a parking space, and by shopping at the store, you have entered into no contractual agreement to do so. People, in an infinite number of ways, show disregard for others and laziness.

If you want to use a parking space that has a cart in it, get out and move the cart and then pull into the space. It will take you less time than it would have taken for the previous customer to wheel the cart to the corral. In fact, while you are walking from your car to the store, and you see a misplaced cart, move it, instead of showing disregard and laziness and just complaining about it. You don't have time and it is too much trouble, right?

That's what community responsibility is -- taking care of things that other people don't take care of. Some people have to take more than their share of responsibility, to make up for those who take less. It would make a better world. When I'm walking to my mailbox, and I see litter on the ground, I pick it up and carry it to the trash bin by the mailboxes. Not a big deal. It's my responsibility. Ranting about the people who threw it there is not my responsibility.
What would you do if you saw someone dump their trash in your yard? Just curious.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:35 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm very cognizant that people have bigger problems than mine. And I assure you, their bigger problems have nothing to do with little dings or scuffs in their cars.
But where do you draw the line?

By the way, do YOU leave your cart to float around in parking lots? Do YOU throw trash in other peoples' yards? Why or why not?

Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 AM

693 posts, read 642,211 times
Quote:
[What causes people to think they can leave a shopping cart anywhere?

What makes the shopping cart think it can just loiter anywhere it wants.

Remember;Don't blame the creation-blame the Creator...It's science

Old 11-10-2013, 09:13 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
What makes the shopping cart think it can just loiter anywhere it wants.

Remember;Don't blame the creation-blame the Creator...It's science
That's right...and it's the store's fault for having carts in the first place!!
What were they THINKING?

Old 11-10-2013, 10:21 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,913,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
They hire people to just gather carts? No other responsibilities? WOW! That must be a busy store with so many carts.
Yes. My store has a crew of cart pushers and that's all they do. They stay jumpin' busy all day too! And yes, we are an incredibly BUSY store.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:31 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,913,155 times
Quote:
No it isn't. There is no law against leaving your cart in a parking space, and by shopping at the store, you have entered into no contractual agreement to do so. People, in an infinite number of ways, show disregard for others and laziness.

If you want to use a parking space that has a cart in it, get out and move the cart and then pull into the space. It will take you less time than it would have taken for the previous customer to wheel the cart to the corral. In fact, while you are walking from your car to the store, and you see a misplaced cart, move it, instead of showing disregard and laziness and just complaining about it. You don't have time and it is too much trouble, right?

That's what community responsibility is -- taking care of things that other people don't take care of. Some people have to take more than their share of responsibility, to make up for those who take less. It would make a better world. When I'm walking to my mailbox, and I see litter on the ground, I pick it up and carry it to the trash bin by the mailboxes. Not a big deal. It's my responsibility. Ranting about the people who threw it there is not my responsibility.
I saw good one the other day. Was outside in the break area, watching people and traffic, when I see this BIG truck pull into a space. There was a shopping cart there and he just rammed it with his truck till it was squashed into the curb! Reminded me of that commercial on TV where that car gets smushed between two other vehicles. He didn't see the sign that says "Police Parking Only" for that space either. Unfortunately for him they were doing a parking space check at the time and he got a ticket. I know the cost of that ticket is $187. I guess he skated on the shopping cart.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:48 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Just because someone in the world has a bigger problem than minor car damage does not mean that minor car damage isn't a big deal. It IS damage.....and will cost hundred of dollars to repair.

I am willing to bet if your neighbor had loud parties all night long you would complain and have something done about it......even though.....in the grand scheme of things....a little noise isn't a big deal.

I am willing to bet if a cashier short changed you $20, you would say something....even though $20 isn't a big deal compared to a thousand dollars.

I call BS on your contention that the "little" things in life don't bother you and don't get a reaction out of you.....that you just fluff them off and go along your merry way.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:53 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I guess in your world, nothing upsets you.....because.....after all.....there are ALWAYS bigger problems than yours.
Honey I have buried a son and a 7 yr old grandson - don't fret over " things" cars, houses, dings or bent metal- sorry but they all very insignificant to me. I take care of my things- but bad things happen, and if a cart is all... thank GOD all it was. It is not the car, but the anger against people- this week one shot at another over parking space,,, is this is the same kind of anger?

Old 11-10-2013, 07:58 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Honey I have buried a son and a 7 yr old grandson - don't fret over " things" cars, houses, dings or bent metal- sorry but they all very insignificant to me. I take care of my things- but bad things happen, and if a cart is all... thank GOD all it was. It is not the car, but the anger against people- this week one shot at another over parking space,,, is this is the same kind of anger?
I have buried loved ones too.....but that does not mean I am not going to get upset if someone damages my car...... especially just because they were too inconsiderate and lazy to walk a few feet to put a cart in a corral.

There are many levels of anger. Let's not get ridiculous.

I am not going to excuse bad behavior just because it isn't on the level of a federal offense.

I respect people and their property......and I have every right to look down on those who don't.

And...... I am certainly not going to make excuses for them just because what they did isn't "that bad".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology