Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 08:17 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,392,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I can almost guarantee that the main stream media will completely brush over the REAL reasons for this guy's rage. I think that people tend to think of Asians as "model minorities" so there couldn't possibly be any issues that arise out of the offspring between Whites and Asians.

The poet/artist Kip Fulbreck has written about the issues of Eurasian males. This is an excerpt of his story...

Half-White Half-Asian Like Me

How do you think it feels to be the son of a white man and Asian woman? | Stuff Eurasian Males Like

Whats it like being Half-White and Half-Asian?

That's an important question for a changing America. With the flood of interracial relationships, and with mixed-race being the fastest growing race in America, there are going to be quite a few Hapa males around. White-Asian marriages seem to be the most common mix. If close to 50% of Asian women marry White men, and 50% of them have males as kids, that means 1 in 4 Asian-American women are going to have a Hapa male like me as a son. So yeah Hapa males are kind of a big deal when 25% of Asian-American women have them as kids.

So what is it like? Humiliation, degradation, terror, fear, embarrassment, shame, self-hated, angst, debasement, sadness, hopelessness, pain, anger, rage, etc etc need I go on? You can’t imagine the internal conflict. The brutal civil war inside all Hapa males. The Hapa Paradox. We exist because Asian men are humiliated and emasculated, and yet we are Asian males. We are at war with ourselves from birth. The idea that an Asian man like me, is genetically 50% white, and carries ONLY the white-male Y chromosome. The Asian Y-chromosome is dead in me. Asian maleness is dead in me. I’m a Eunuch. I’m an Asian male inside a dead Asian male.
That is what it means to be half-white, half-asian.

What kind of life do WM/AFs think they can give their Asian-looking sons? What goes through their heads, when the DR says “its a boy”? What right do they think they have to rule over an Asian man? What makes a white man and an asian woman a parent to an asian man? How can they curse an innocent infant with such a miserable life that they have created? they make this world a shytty place to be an Asian male, and they they create an Asian male. It is the worst form of child abuse.

Its bad enough being an Asian-American male watching WM/AF from the outside. Can you imagine being a Hapa male, feeling WM/AF from the INSIDE? Feeling WM/AF inside you? It is a rape. Life is just a long torture and rape for the Hapa male. Hated by all. Asian males hate hapa males too, when they realize they are hapa. But Asian men are right to hate Hapas. When they look at me, all they can see is WM/AF.

Can I blame Asian men for hating me, when I hate myself far far far more for the exact same reason? If they knew more about me, they would hate me more. To the white race, I’m just yellow subhuman scum. The best I can do is get on my knees, and constantly advertise my white dad, and beg for a modicum of acceptance. The good guys hate me because I’m evil, the bad guys hate me because they are evil. Hapas are unloveable monsters. Freaks. Beasts. Subhuman scum. We wander this earth, hounded from all directions. Strangers in every land. Homeless. Raceless. Strangers to strangers. We are ghosts without bodies. And then I think 1/4 children Asian women produce are in my exact same situation. To be hapa is to be hapless. The one good thing about being hapa is you have 1 WM/AF in the world you can hold hostage- your own parents. WM/AFs don’t have to give a shyt what their Asian brothers, fathers, family and friends think. They do have to give a little crap what their own son thinks. So its a big deal to them, when the offspring of WM/AF calls out WM/AF to their face. That is the one power in the world, Hapas possess, the power to be a terrible son. Hows that for a revolt against Confucian filial piety?

Will you call me a racist if I say I hate white men? How can you when I am just as white as I am Asian? If I’m to give the devil his due, and say one nice thing about white men it is that his sperm produces beautiful daughters, while Asian sperm produces repulsive she-beasts.

A whiteboy writes:”WHITE GUYS AND ASIAN GIRLS ARE THE FUTURE , TOGETHER THEY ARE GOING TO CREATE A EURASIAN SUPER RACE OF BEAUTIFUL AND HYPERINTELLIGENT CHILDREN” Glad to be part of that future of beautiful and intelligent Eurasian males, who get treated by the world as Asians and thus look at WM/AFs including their own parents the same way bitter Asian guys do.

So anyway thats just a little window into the world of the Hapa man, one of the fastest growing populations in 21st century America!

The author of that piece needs to move to Hawaii. There Hapa males RULE and are some of the best looking guys around. No shame in Hawaii being multi-racial ANYTHING. 50% of all marriages there are multi-racial. While other places talk a good talk about diversity, Hawaii is pretty good (no matter what anyone says) about multi-cultural celebration. If we make fun of other races, we are probably talking about one of our relatives, cuz we are ALL related.

I stand by my earlier post pages and pages back - the dude is mentally ill, is a malignant narcissist, and there's absolutely no way you can explain him or his behavior based upon the normal frustrations and desires of a healthy male. The biggest problem I see in threads like this is when people struggle to understand a sick individual based upon their relatively normal interpretations of life and the ongoing thousands-year-old battle between the sexes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 08:20 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,042,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
In an earlier comment you asked a poster if he or she had considered the logical consequences of some action or lack of action. Well, back atcha. How exactly do you enforce "fair" in relationship choices? What sort of dystopian nightmare do you want to create?
The one that existed 50 years ago?

Old 05-28-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
That's the thing about the "If you don't start rewarding us sexless betas we're gonna take our ball and go home, so start ponying up ladies or else" folks. They never stop to consider whether anyone but them cares if they did. Hell, society might be better off if these people dropped out of the relationship game completely
How about the paying taxes/making your boss rich game? How about the civic responsibility game? How about the defend this country that hates them game? This country wouldn't last a week without the betas that it walks all over like dirt.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:29 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,993,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
He has that exotic look because he's half Asian. He's not a bad looking guy by any stretch, but calling him good looking is definitely a stretch.
I actually don't find him attractive (he was alright looking, but that's it). But that wasn't the point...

My overall point was that he was no better looking than most of these teen heartthrobs that we see on TV. He's certainly much better looking than Harry Styles and a couple of other teen 'sensations'.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:00 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,646,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
ON CNN they have had some pretty reputable psychologist indirectly diagnose him Paranoid Schizophrenia. While the vast majority of Schizophrenics don't harm people, if left untreated as in this case it could lead to violence. Part of the condition of Schizophrenia is feelings of persecution, delusions of grandeur, delusional thought disorder, social withdrawal and isolation among other symptoms.

From my studies of Schizophrenia, the feelings of persecution and paranoia attach to something. In this case because of the sites he frequented his condition attached to certain sentiments of misogyny. Because there is a manifesto and videos that emphasize that misogyny the discussion has been aimed at whether misogyny caused him to do this. My argument, is no. Knowing the way Schizophrenia works had he been frequenting hate sites--anti-semitism, racism, or what have you--his mind would have attached to that. Then his manifesto and videos would just parrot what he read on those sites. And the general response would be whether hate sites caused him to kill. The point being that it isn't sex, lack of sex, misogyny, society (whatever that mean) that caused him to kill. If anything it was having a serious but treatable psychological condition that went untreated.

The problem I have with this particular case--to be honest I don't think this has happened before--is the killer has decided that he is not only going to kill others and himself but he is going to control the dialogue that results from it. I refuse to read the manifesto or watch his videos because none of it will give me insight into the nature of why he killed. If anything it's just a straw man. Keep in mind he killed his three roommates as well, where does that fit into the manifesto or his excuses?

That's why if there is a discussion to be had from this it has to be surrounding mental health and not perceived social norms. To have an argument about perceived social norms is almost to entrench yourself in his delusion.

I think this is a more accurate diagnosis of what he really had. I always thought some of Carl Jung's theories were interesting, but I have no training in psychology whatsoever. I disagree with you, however, on the issue that reading his manifesto will give no insight into why he killed. I think the answer is in there, but it would take study and a long time to unravel this particular mystery. It's also that with mental illness there are things that just will never make sense.

As for the roommates he killed, I think he hated other men as much as women. I basically think this guy hated himself the most in spite of the fact he outwardly talks about himself as God like in stature. I read some of his manifesto last night but not the whole thing. What struck me was that puberty hit him in such a way that the fixation on it never waivered and only intensified through his short life. I think if you can determine why at such a very young age this person was 100% certain he would never have a woman then that's where the main crux of this is. I say that meaning it to be secondary to his mental illness. The mental illness is the primary cause of everything that came after it.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:17 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,994,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
ON CNN they have had some pretty reputable psychologist indirectly diagnose him Paranoid Schizophrenia. While the vast majority of Schizophrenics don't harm people, if left untreated as in this case it could lead to violence. Part of the condition of Schizophrenia is feelings of persecution, delusions of grandeur, delusional thought disorder, social withdrawal and isolation among other symptoms.

From my studies of Schizophrenia, the feelings of persecution and paranoia attach to something. In this case because of the sites he frequented his condition attached to certain sentiments of misogyny. Because there is a manifesto and videos that emphasize that misogyny the discussion has been aimed at whether misogyny caused him to do this. My argument, is no. Knowing the way Schizophrenia works had he been frequenting hate sites--anti-semitism, racism, or what have you--his mind would have attached to that. Then his manifesto and videos would just parrot what he read on those sites. And the general response would be whether hate sites caused him to kill. The point being that it isn't sex, lack of sex, misogyny, society (whatever that mean) that caused him to kill. If anything it was having a serious but treatable psychological condition that went untreated.

The problem I have with this particular case--to be honest I don't think this has happened before--is the killer has decided that he is not only going to kill others and himself but he is going to control the dialogue that results from it. I refuse to read the manifesto or watch his videos because none of it will give me insight into the nature of why he killed. If anything it's just a straw man. Keep in mind he killed his three roommates as well, where does that fit into the manifesto or his excuses?

That's why if there is a discussion to be had from this it has to be surrounding mental health and not perceived social norms. To have an argument about perceived social norms is almost to entrench yourself in his delusion.
Where does schizophrenia come from? Is it known whether there must be a physical brain abnormality first, or can one "think themself" schizophrenic? Can "thought disorder" actually come first and physical changes in the brain simply be reflective of that? For example, could Elliot have had Asperger's and social difficulties because of that that lead to schizophrenia? Let's say he had Asperger's and his social development was retarded and he was otherwise smart enough that he somewhat caught onto that, at least realizing or having a maybe vague sense something was "different" and/or "wrong" with him, even while not fully understanding it. That sort of thing would be like torture, wouldn't it? Constantly thinking about what's "wrong" with you and trying to figure it out and do things right, even if you're misguided and missing something you can't even see is missing, which, in this case, would be that you have Asperger's and cannot socially connect the same way most people can. Asperger's in this scenario would be brutal torture. Longing for something you want so bad (social and/or romantic connection) and simply having no idea how to get it and failing when you try. Anyway, could this sort of scenario lead to disordered or schizophrenia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
....I stand by my earlier post pages and pages back - the dude is mentally ill, is a malignant narcissist, and there's absolutely no way you can explain him or his behavior based upon the normal frustrations and desires of a healthy male. The biggest problem I see in threads like this is when people struggle to understand a sick individual based upon their relatively normal interpretations of life and the ongoing thousands-year-old battle between the sexes.
His frustrations obviously weren't "normal" and he obviously wasn't healthy, but I still think it's possible those frustrations, combined with the unique challenges of Asperger's, could have been what put him over the edge. See what I said above. I don't know that he truly had Asperger's, but it sure seems like that.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:23 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,356,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
That's the thing about the "If you don't start rewarding us sexless betas we're gonna take our ball and go home, so start ponying up ladies or else" folks. They never stop to consider whether anyone but them cares if they did. Hell, society might be better off if these people dropped out of the relationship game completely
That attitude is annoying, but it's an attitude and so it's pretty mutable. And, the guy whose ****ty act prompted this thread had way more than a bad attitude working against him.

As to the complaints from ordinary, somewhat adjusted men you call sexless betas, I think there's hope for most of them if they can get past feeling like their hurt will be redeemed in proportion to how hot their hoped for girlfriend is. And I know, someone will say he would love to find an average looking women and form a relationship. If that's true and he has the requisite social skills, which aren't all that rare, he probably has to open his eyes and his mouth and make something happen. That's how it works.

Last edited by homina12; 05-28-2014 at 09:44 PM..

Old 05-28-2014, 09:32 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,994,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Elliot Roger - diagnosis questioned (don't ignore because the author misspelled his name )

Perhaps we're talking about introversion mixed with anxiety and depression and (low-status male) PTSD from bullying/teasing misdiagnosed as Asperger's and that diagnosis perpetuated by a string of mental health professionals who didn't bother to rethink things. Apparently the father at one point didn't believe the Asperger's label. Also, since when are people on the autistic spectrum good at actively fooling others?
That's an interesting article, an interesting argument, but is the following quote from it really true?

Quote:
People with Asperger’s also have the ability to block out emotions. Although
they may be subjected to bullying or even abuse, they are not emotionally
affected by these things. They do not care about “fitting in,” what people think
about them or social status.
I'm no expert, but I strongly question the validity of the above statement. I could be wrong, but I've never thought it was that simple. The rest of what was said, as far as I can tell, doesn't really rule out Asperger's either.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
That attitude is annoying, but it's an attitude and so it's pretty mutable. And, the guy whose ****ty act prompted this thread had way more than a bad attitude working against him.

As to the complaints from ordinary, somewhat adjusted men you call sexless betas, I think there's hope for most of them if they can get past feeling like their hurt will be redeemed in proportion to how hot their hoped for girlfriend is. And I know, someone will say he would love to find an average looking women and form a relationship. If that's true and he has the requisite social skills, which aren't all that rare, he probably has to open his eyes and his mouth and make something happen. That's how it works.
No, that's not how it works. That's how it worked in the Bad Old Days when women were heavily incentivized to settle quickly. It does not work that way now.

Last edited by tairos; 05-28-2014 at 09:59 PM..

Old 05-28-2014, 10:03 PM

867 posts, read 910,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Where does schizophrenia come from? Is it known whether there must be a physical brain abnormality first, or can one "think themself" schizophrenic? Can "thought disorder" actually come first and physical changes in the brain simply be reflective of that? For example, could Elliot have had Asperger's and social difficulties because of that that lead to schizophrenia? Let's say he had Asperger's and his social development was retarded and he was otherwise smart enough that he somewhat caught onto that, at least realizing or having a maybe vague sense something was "different" and/or "wrong" with him, even while not fully understanding it. That sort of thing would be like torture, wouldn't it? Constantly thinking about what's "wrong" with you and trying to figure it out and do things right, even if you're misguided and missing something you can't even see is missing, which, in this case, would be that you have Asperger's and cannot socially connect the same way most people can. Asperger's in this scenario would be brutal torture. Longing for something you want so bad (social and/or romantic connection) and simply having no idea how to get it and failing when you try. Anyway, could this sort of scenario lead to disordered or schizophrenia?
That's a really good question. There is a book by Aaron Beck called Schizophrenia which anyone who is interested in understanding the illness and what is understood so far should read. It's clinical but accessible. In the psychiatric community Schizophrenia is an inheritable, genetic neurological condition. So, unless you have the specific gene you can't think your way into Schizophrenia.

However, where it gets tricky is that even if you do have the gene that does not mean you will ever develop Schizophrenia in your life. The gene can be activated in a couple of ways. For example, there is drug induced Schizophrenia where someone who has inherited this gene takes drugs and it activates a psychosis. However, the more common case is going through trauma or through extreme stress that causes the gene to activate psychosis. The typical age for onset for men is early twenties while for women it is late twenties. If you escape that window and have the gene it is very unlikely you will develop Schizophrenia.

Now, the tricky part is that if you have that gene and don't develop Schizophrenia there is a high likely hood you will unknowingly pass it on to your children and they will develop the condition. However, it is all genetic and neurological.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology