Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 03:05 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,348,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's ridiculous Everyone who doesn't want kids, it's because our genes are dysfunctional? No decision we make is conscious?

I don't understand your post, it's mean spirited for no reason on what was a light-hearted thread. Why did you seem to feel so attacked by the OP's post that you would lash out like that?
Most folks that hate kids love dogs, it is that simple. Just read above!

Also dogs evolved to be liked by humans so they (the dogs) could pass their DNA more effectively.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:08 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,607,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Most folks that hate kids love dogs, it is that simple. Just read above!

Also dogs evolved to be liked by humans so they (the dogs) could pass their DNA more effectively.
I love dogs; but I don't hate kids at all. Some of them I find more annoying than others, based on their conduct, but that's usually the parents' fault. Babies and toddlers are usually cute; though I feel sorry when they start crying over something. My late mother certainly didn't hate kids; and she loved dogs. My dog-loving friends like kids too (some of them have kids of their own).

Old 12-08-2016, 08:13 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,348,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I love dogs; but I don't hate kids at all. Some of them I find more annoying than others, based on their conduct, but that's usually the parents' fault. Babies and toddlers are usually cute; though I feel sorry when they start crying over something. My late mother certainly didn't hate kids; and she loved dogs. My dog-loving friends like kids too (some of them have kids of their own).
Having a son or a daughter is a billion times more rewarding than having a dog. Comparing these two activities is insane and not in the same universe. To prefer a dog over a human baby is out of the norm.

Last edited by Julian658; 12-08-2016 at 08:39 PM..

Old 12-09-2016, 04:42 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
I am not a baby person but I do love to hear the laughter of children. There is such joy and innocence in them that is hard for me to resist.

That being said I do not ooh and ah over them. I just don't think babies are cute…but puppies and other animal babies are adorable….well except for turkeys, lol.

I also prefer dogs to most adults, lol.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:15 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,236,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanG_O View Post
I react much more to a puppy than to a baby. But I don't know why.

Infants do nothing for me. Babies start looking cute at about 6 months. Before that, I prefer the appearance of a puppy. I'm not an infant loving person.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:15 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
Wow! Humanity is REALLy lost and doomed!

No words.

No wonder some people do not feel anything when a HUMAN suffers.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:06 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Having a son or a daughter is a billion times more rewarding than having a dog. Comparing these two activities is insane and not in the same universe. To prefer a dog over a human baby is out of the norm.
Yeah right. It's so rewarding parents complain endlessly about how hard it is, financially draining it is, and how difficult it is for them emotionally, physically, and mentally. Because that's what I hear from parents all the time: endless complaints. "Susie is sick again with X, Y, and Z. Johnny's school tuition went up 20% this year. I'm concerned about the friends Braden is running around with. I had to switch Stephen from soccer to karate because I couldn't coordinate the drop-off times. I can't go out with you because I can't get a babysitter. I've banned Samantha from dating that slimeball Jeffrey. I missed work today and (Mr. Childless employee) had to cover me because of my child's illness." On and on, ad infinitum.

If parenting is rewarding for you, fantastic. But everyone makes their own life choices, and don't presume to speak for nonparents about what we find fulfilling in our lives, or that not being a parent is abnormal. There are many life paths in which to choose. Believe it or not, parents are not superior to nonparents; they just chose to have kids.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:38 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,710,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Yeah right. It's so rewarding parents complain endlessly about how hard it is, financially draining it is, and how difficult it is for them emotionally, physically, and mentally. Because that's what I hear from parents all the time: endless complaints. "Susie is sick again with X, Y, and Z. Johnny's school tuition went up 20% this year. I'm concerned about the friends Braden is running around with. I had to switch Stephen from soccer to karate because I couldn't coordinate the drop-off times. I can't go out with you because I can't get a babysitter. I've banned Samantha from dating that slimeball Jeffrey. I missed work today and (Mr. Childless employee) had to cover me because of my child's illness." On and on, ad infinitum.

If parenting is rewarding for you, fantastic. But everyone makes their own life choices, and don't presume to speak for nonparents about what we find fulfilling in our lives, or that not being a parent is abnormal. There are many life paths in which to choose. Believe it or not, parents are not superior to nonparents; they just chose to have kids.
This a thousand times over!

AND some parents did not choose to become parents. They just let things happen, and that is partly why there are so many of those suffering humans around...absentee, lackadaisacal, or outright bad parenting.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Wow! Humanity is REALLy lost and doomed!

No words.

No wonder some people do not feel anything when a HUMAN suffers.

Wow…that is really blowing it all out of proportion.

This thread has nothing to do with suffering of humans or animals. I have great empathy and do all I can to help people/animals in need. I still don't care for babies but I would never sit by while one suffers.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:

And can be so much more heartbreaking and disappointing. Not all parent/children relationships are good ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology