Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 02:18 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,840,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
^I guess that's why "goodbye" threads are against the TOS. But somehow this one slipped through!
Actually, that section of the TOS is referring to "Good-bye I'm leaving this forum" type threads. If you're just leaving an area, that's OK to discuss .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 02:39 PM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Actually, that section of the TOS is referring to "Good-bye I'm leaving this forum" type threads. If you're just leaving an area, that's OK to discuss .....
So we can't grab two beers, yell incoherently, and hit the CD chute?

Old 02-02-2011, 04:16 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,599,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Stayed across from the Alamo, visited there of course.
Did you get to see the basement??

Old 02-02-2011, 04:16 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,840,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
So we can't grab two beers, yell incoherently, and hit the CD chute?
And this would be different from a normal day, how ..... ???

Old 02-02-2011, 04:52 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,902,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samdan View Post
Yet,we can go on and on about only the positives?The thread is fine,subject matter interesting,and above all it's civil with no attacks.So why should it go away any more than some thread that goes on and on about some bbq joint?All the threads here are redundant.If they weren't, there would be nothing to talk about.
Not completely true, but there is an awesome Mod that stays on top of things to make sure it appears that way

Old 02-02-2011, 05:28 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,995,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Yes, but in this case, I think it's both!

Old 02-02-2011, 05:54 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samdan View Post
Yet,we can go on and on about only the positives?The thread is fine,subject matter interesting,and above all it's civil with no attacks.So why should it go away any more than some thread that goes on and on about some bbq joint?All the threads here are redundant.If they weren't, there would be nothing to talk about.
Well, instead of being redundant...let's find something NEW to talk about...go ahead. Start and I'll join in!

Vicki

Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 PM

334 posts, read 852,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddicorcia1 View Post
Really go back and hope you have fun shoveling snow!
Just shoveled several inches today. We now have piles that reach over my head. Schools and offices closed, so had walks to the local coffee shop, made snow forts and went sledding and snow boarding. Am I the only one who loves this? Do any of you transplants miss winter, or is it just that I don't know what I am missing? I know there are mountains in NC - in the winter how long does it take to get to some real snow from the Triangle? Thanks.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:10 PM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarchivist98 View Post
Just shoveled several inches today. We now have piles that reach over my head. Schools and offices closed, so had walks to the local coffee shop, made snow forts and went sledding and snow boarding. Am I the only one who loves this? Do any of you transplants miss winter, or is it just that I don't know what I am missing? I know there are mountains in NC - in the winter how long does it take to get to some real snow from the Triangle? Thanks.
I'm here since 1997 and do not miss winter. Not at all. The 4"--8" of snow Christmas weekend was adequate to suffocate any yearnings I may have had.
I walked to the curb in my bare feet this morning to pick up the newspaper, and that is fine with me.
I paused on the way back to observe the buds forming on the Bradford Pear tree.

If I did love snow and it was important to me, I would live where there is snow and harsh winter weather.
I lived it long enough to love a mild climate like we have here.
-18 degrees for a high is something I never needed to see.
-30 with knee deep snow and 20-30 mph winds.
Following salt trucks down the interstate because it was the only way to make any progress. And then watch the rust spread on the car...
11 weeks of summer with spring and fall snows.
Nope. No nostalgia here at all.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:23 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarchivist98 View Post
Just shoveled several inches today. We now have piles that reach over my head. Schools and offices closed, so had walks to the local coffee shop, made snow forts and went sledding and snow boarding. Am I the only one who loves this?
I was up in NJ for the holidays and was buried udern 2 feet of snow by the Christmas Day blizzard. Just spoke to my folks today and they are still staring at the snow.

The same rule that applies to visitors and fish also applies to snow. After three days they all begin to stink!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary