Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 04:49 AM

269 posts, read 321,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBonzie View Post
I would so love a Hobby Lobby or good craft store instead of an Asian store/restaurant. Asian places are a dime-a-dozen in this area, hobby stores not so much. Closest one is the one off of 55 and if you want Michaels or JoAnns, you have to fight the traffic/crowds at Crossroads. This space is all of a 2 minute drive from my house.

But H Mart is far better than the other dozen....a game changer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 05:18 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,339,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Coffee View Post
But H Mart is far better than the other dozen....a game changer
Exactly. Also, Grand Asia, the closest thing to H Mart in the area, is not close to this part of Cary.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:11 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
Per this website, they are slated to open Q2 2016. I'm sure things will start picking up toward the holidays and Q1 2016. Luckily it already has good bones.

http://www.cbre.us/o/raleigh/AssetLi...ust%202015.pdf

Oh my, dweji gogi ::drool::
Q2? I can't wait! I used to go to the H Mart in Annandale all the time. I'm glad they are putting one here as well. It was well organized and a bit cleaner than the markets here.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:19 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,542,922 times
I really think someone over-estimated the Korean demographic for the immediate area compared to the Indian demographic for the same area. Just a thought...

Old 09-08-2015, 05:00 PM

22,666 posts, read 36,779,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
I really think someone over-estimated the Korean demographic for the immediate area compared to the Indian demographic for the same area. Just a thought...
I think you're wrong. Stop by the Davis Drive schools sometime.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:27 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,029,688 times
I've always noticed customer diversity in those stores. Any of the more "ethnic" supermarkets usually attract Hispanic,African,Indonesian and Asian customers and of course regular ole Mericans too.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:20 PM

45 posts, read 54,974 times
heard that final plans didn't get approved. It may be a rumor but that's just what I heard.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:09 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,676,780 times
I get my haircut next door. The lady that cuts my hair told me that she heard that Lowe's was letting their lease expire without allowing Hmart to start work. Supposedly the landlord would not let them out of the lease early.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:40 AM

19,433 posts, read 27,819,296 times
I asked H Mart on their Facebook page when they planned on opening. No scheduled date yet, but they expect to open in 2016. Can't wait!

I'm glad to hear about Wegman's too, and even more excited about Sprouts (in AZ, they had beautiful, fresh produce at very good prices and some excellent Sprouts labeled products. The organic thing makes no difference to me whatsoever.)

But what we REALLY need is a top rate Hispanic grocer. Those of you who have been to the SW and know Pro's Ranch Market know exactly what I mean. (ETA: just googled them for a link for y'all and found out they have changed their name to Los Altos Ranch Market).

Old 02-04-2016, 10:56 AM

115 posts, read 135,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Super H Mart is Korean owned, but is an Asian supermarket not a "Korean" market. They have aisles for many different countries in Asia, including SE Asia and India.

Their Korean influence does show in the massive selection of Kimchi, and our old store had a Korean rice cake vendor (they are the size of frisbees).

Super H isn't like the little mom and pop stores we have here. It's a big chain, and the stores are usually WalMart sized - with grocery, restaurant, beauty, and vendor areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary