Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2019, 10:10 AM

141 posts, read 141,193 times

Advertisements

Just for the record I started this thread just to ask if the current crime wave was normal, not to stir the pot. I understand people love their city and want to defend it over and over, that's totally fine. Not trying to hate or cause a stir for no reason. Hope y'all are enjoying your day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 10:22 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,460,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wood_lake View Post
Just for the record I started this thread just to ask if the current crime wave was normal, not to stir the pot. I understand people love their city and want to defend it over and over, that's totally fine. Not trying to hate or cause a stir for no reason. Hope y'all are enjoying your day.
Some people just like to take offense and defend the indefensible.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:35 AM

185 posts, read 127,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Some people just like to take offense and defend the indefensible.
I agree and some people like to point fingers elsewhere while ignoring their own situation.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:13 AM

4,557 posts, read 3,759,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wood_lake View Post

Not sure about normal - and trends change also. For example, some people may not like the information in Post #15 in the thread "Hispanic population." But it doesn't indicate a good trend.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:33 AM

140 posts, read 87,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackro70 View Post
I agree and some people like to point fingers elsewhere while ignoring their own situation.
Seriously? In your 50+ posts on this thread, you are the one that is doing precisely just that. First Raleigh, then Cary, now all of Wake County.

Old 09-09-2019, 12:06 PM

185 posts, read 127,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbender View Post
Seriously? In your 50+ posts on this thread, you are the one that is doing precisely just that. First Raleigh, then Cary, now all of Wake County.
No, it started with all the Raleigh and Wake county posters having comments about Durham while ignoring the shootings and crime in their own city and county. It seems like everyone has an opinion about Durham, but become silent with issues in Raleigh and Cary. That's why I said start a thread about crime issues in your own metro area, there have been no takers, yet.

Old 09-09-2019, 12:33 PM

4,557 posts, read 3,759,636 times
Quote:
No, it started with all the Raleigh and Wake county posters having comments about Durham while ignoring the shootings and crime in their own city and county. It seems like everyone has an opinion about Durham, but become silent with issues in Raleigh and Cary. That's why I said start a thread about crime issues in your own metro area, there have been no takers, yet.

I don't think that's happening. m378 listed his threads. I have even started threads about crime in Cary since that's where I live and don't like it. Crime anywhere in the Triangle should be a concern for everyone. My threads are a little "less severe" but other people who live in Cary already started threads for shootings, etc and beat me to it. The Raleigh people can start their own threads.

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...ity-watch.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...nies-help.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...nits-area.html

Old 09-09-2019, 02:13 PM

281 posts, read 187,849 times
Quote:
The metro area in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary is quite large
This is a thread about why is Durham so much worse and is that normal
We aren't "ignoring" the rest of the crime in other areas, but nobody has really been the champion of discussing crime in other areas of the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill//Cary area to think crime in those areas warrant its own discussion thread. PERHAPS it's because it pales in comparison to that of Durham.

Regardless of the reason, you've admitted you don't live in the area, and to get so worked up about why the other towns don't have topics devoted to their crime is, frankly, bizarre. Maybe visit some other forums or even better, perhaps the forum for where you live could use more of your input and limited time.

This has got to be one of the strangest conversations I've ever had on an internet forum.

You can still start a thread on crime all over the place. Will you then complain in your new thread that there's not enough posts about cities that aren't Durham? Seems like perhaps just give it a rest, and let this thread be what it is, which seems to be a discussion about "Is Durham always like this?"

Old 09-09-2019, 02:43 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,772,310 times
reviewing Mackro70's previous post it seems regardless of the thread topic he is very confrontational. Some people just have an angry nature and enjoy stirring the pot.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:05 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,064,782 times
If you look at crime stats, say from neighborhoodscout or city-data then you will probably see that Durham has a higher crime rate. But the question is, is all the concern in line with the crime rate? Are we making people afraid unnecessarily? I think the difference in crime has been exaggerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary