Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2021, 05:40 PM

1,326 posts, read 725,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
That's great! It's too bad you had to drive 90+ min to get that vaccine though.
I'm near the last exit to Chapel Hill, so it was under an hour for me. I drive that far for nonsense, so it wasn't a big deal for me. But it is very unfortunate that many people are having to drive so far for a vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I am glad you got shot 1 - do you have to go back to a Greensboro FEMA site to get #2?

Now, happiness that someone willing to and wanting to get the shot got their shot aside .... the reason for the FEMA sites is to put them in "underserved" areas where folks aren't getting the shots (which really means people are scared of the shot or signing up for it) which will somehow convince them to get the shot.

Those shots come from the same supply they're distributing to the states. Frankly surprised they didn't only use the J&J shot. And now you (and probably half or more of the others who got their shot) get to be a nice little "Look! see how well we're doing getting shots to these communities" stat.
I do have to go back to the site for my second vaccine, and they scheduled the second dose while I was there. They'll be giving the J&J vaccine the last few weeks of the clinic since people won't be able to come back for a second shot before it closes.

There was a very diverse crowd there and the clinic is providing many doses to communities partners in the area that are working to get to more marginalized populations. There was no ID or insurance needed, and free transportation is provided if needed. All in all, it seemed far more accessible than many other options so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 07:20 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,608,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
I got the Pfizer vaccine today at the FEMA clinic in Greensboro, and the entire process from making the appointment to getting the actual vaccine went absolutely flawlessly. I highly recommend it to anyone who can manage to get an appointment there. I was originally supposed to be in Group 5 but ended up with a qualifying medical condition, so getting the vaccine earlier than expected was a nice silver lining. I could not be happier, and I’m incredibly grateful for all the service people there doing an absolutely amazing job. We need more of these types of clinics to move things along.
Great! I'm going there Tuesday. It was the easiest place to get an appointment, so I'm just going with it.

Old 03-19-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Now, happiness that someone willing to and wanting to get the shot got their shot aside .... the reason for the FEMA sites is to put them in "underserved" areas where folks aren't getting the shots (which really means people are scared of the shot or signing up for it) which will somehow convince them to get the shot.
It was more to ensure equitable and diverse distribution. They are so efficient (I hear this is the case for the FL FEMA sites too) that everyone is well served by it.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:06 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,545,798 times
https://twitter.com/vadurham/status/1373253767894827011

Today, 3/20/2021 Durham VAMC

Enrolled Veterans that were not able to make an appointment over the phone can walk-in and receive the Pfizer vaccine. Veterans not enrolled: we have someone here who can register you into VA so that you can receive the vaccine. Walk-ins til 3 p.m.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
It was more to ensure equitable and diverse distribution. They are so efficient (I hear this is the case for the FL FEMA sites too) that everyone is well served by it.
Exactly! I really wish there were more of these types of clinics around because they really reduces some of the barriers to getting a vaccine, and they're amazingly efficient.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:04 AM

1,228 posts, read 798,728 times
Walgreens released a whole batch of Appointments for Monday this a.m.. Given the first and second appointment spacing, guessing it’s the Moderna.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
I never got my confirmaiton email for the FEMA site so now of course I am sure I will show up and they won't have me listed. I called again and they do, but I catastrophize
I totally get catastrophizing, but I would try not to worry about not getting the email if they confirmed your appointment when you called. That place seemed to run like a well-oiled machine and the people there were extremely professional. They reserved a bunch of appointments for people to make over the phone to cover people who weren't able to make one online, so there are probably plenty of people who did not get a confirmation email. It will be okay.

But if it would make you feel a little better, you might be able to see that you have an appointment if you registered with NCDHHS. I had registered over the phone awhile back but never went through the portal to see my info. However, this morning I got an email about my COVID-19 Portal Proof of Vaccination, so I went in and all my information is in there including my next appointment.

https://covid-vaccine-portal.ncdhhs.gov
888-675-4567

Old 03-20-2021, 11:47 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,066,077 times
Got my first shot at Duke Raleigh Hospital. Very fast, very organized. Took 30 minutes. Scheduling second shot was a little slow compared to the rest because of how many people they had to schedule. Two staff with computers but only one was going around when I was there. Still pretty quick though.

Old 03-20-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I totally get catastrophizing, but I would try not to worry about not getting the email if they confirmed your appointment when you called. That place seemed to run like a well-oiled machine and the people there were extremely professional. They reserved a bunch of appointments for people to make over the phone to cover people who weren't able to make one online, so there are probably plenty of people who did not get a confirmation email. It will be okay.

But if it would make you feel a little better, you might be able to see that you have an appointment if you registered with NCDHHS. I had registered over the phone awhile back but never went through the portal to see my info. However, this morning I got an email about my COVID-19 Portal Proof of Vaccination, so I went in and all my information is in there including my next appointment.

888-675-4567
Oh thanks! I haven't registered with NCDHHS. I didn't get the email though because they used a vendor from whom I'd unsubscribed fro something totally unrelated.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:08 AM

152 posts, read 209,148 times
Quote:

888-675-4567
I got my first shot at Walgreens but do not have access to the NCDHHS portal. I was hoping to get the portal information once Walgreens fed the data to the state but apparently that is not happening. I wonder how the state is going to ensure that people are not getting vaccinated twice or mix-and-matching the vaccines....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary