Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2021, 06:03 AM

781 posts, read 744,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSentinel View Post
Like GVoR, I was cruising the Walgeens site at 9am on Saturday while the kids watched cartoons, and my wife was pulling a weekend shift at the hospital. There were literally hundreds of appointments. Got shot #1 on Monday at Walgreens a mile from my house, and am booked 28 days later there for #2. The Immunizing Pharmacist said they usually release new ones for the next week from 7-9am on Saturdays. They do fill up usually by mid-day she said. I had set up an account there the previous week. Make sure to update your address and gender in your profile, or it won’t book. Don’t use a tablet—their site will have problems with it.
Their site was awful! I used it to get my mom her shot in another state. I was on the site at 7:30 am on a Monday and I scored one for her after hours of looking and losing a few other time slots due to problems with that website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 06:36 AM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,730,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona8484 View Post
Their site was awful! I used it to get my mom her shot in another state. I was on the site at 7:30 am on a Monday and I scored one for her after hours of looking and losing a few other time slots due to problems with that website.
Walgreens site is terrible. I've had a few pharmacists at multiple Walgreens locations (long story) tell me it's an utter ****-show and that Walgreens IT has been a cluster-f dealing with it. The system also apparently sometimes allows people to register for times that the pharmacy doesn't vaccinate within, so people will show up for shots and the pharmacist will be like "well that's not valid" so they have to find ways to work people in. When you think about how some people are driving almost an entire county over to get vaccinated sometimes, you can see how frustration can rise on all sides.

Have a few friends that have gone the Walgreens route and they've all had problems in some form.

I do really wish that each county just centralized this. Pick a location and have a unified registration system at the state level. Then focus a large herd of people on vaccinating thousands and thousands of people every day at those locations. Right now it just feels like a land rush and at this point, if you can get the vaccine just get it if the opportunity arrises.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:25 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,064,782 times
I have a question about this web site:

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/

It says you don't have to pre-register. But I'm confused. I have a log in but I don't see evidence of my vaccine that I got last weekend.

I reached out to my health care provider (Duke Health). All they said was "your vaccination card is all you need". Argh. Something tells me when I travel in November that they may not accept the vaccination card.

EDIT: I think the correct site is

https://covid-vaccine-portal.ncdhhs.gov

Old 03-25-2021, 09:19 AM

1,326 posts, read 725,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I have a question about this web site:

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/

It says you don't have to pre-register. But I'm confused. I have a log in but I don't see evidence of my vaccine that I got last weekend.

I reached out to my health care provider (Duke Health). All they said was "your vaccination card is all you need". Argh. Something tells me when I travel in November that they may not accept the vaccination card.

EDIT: I think the correct site is

https://covid-vaccine-portal.ncdhhs.gov
I think the card is all that's going to be able to be required since that's all that most people across the country will have, at least for now. It's all my parents got who both live in other states. I think the electronic record from the state is extremely helpful, but since it's not universal here much less across the country, I don't see how it could be necessary for proof.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:38 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Walgreens site is terrible. I've had a few pharmacists at multiple Walgreens locations (long story) tell me it's an utter ****-show and that Walgreens IT has been a cluster-f dealing with it. The system also apparently sometimes allows people to register for times that the pharmacy doesn't vaccinate within, so people will show up for shots and the pharmacist will be like "well that's not valid" so they have to find ways to work people in. When you think about how some people are driving almost an entire county over to get vaccinated sometimes, you can see how frustration can rise on all sides.

Have a few friends that have gone the Walgreens route and they've all had problems in some form.

I do really wish that each county just centralized this. Pick a location and have a unified registration system at the state level. Then focus a large herd of people on vaccinating thousands and thousands of people every day at those locations. Right now it just feels like a land rush and at this point, if you can get the vaccine just get it if the opportunity arrises.
I REALLY don't get why it's not mass vaccination by county, and you show your ID. That way, they could have still done the > 65 crowd first. I read as much - getting TO the healthcare workers and nursing homes was "easy" - they took the shots TO them, and a well-defined demographic.

After that group, the 65's and first responders that don't count as HC workers. And then, everyone else. This "equity" and "fairness" etc is for the birds. If they don't want the vaccine, they don't want it. Move on

Old 03-25-2021, 10:58 AM

and just like that, I get a text that Friday Center has some quantity of surplus doses.

No restrictions, other than registering.

https://myuncchart.org/mychart/signu...F3MJI9vak2iryM

Old 03-25-2021, 11:49 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,460,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
and just like that, I get a text that Friday Center has some quantity of surplus doses.

No restrictions, other than registering.

https://myuncchart.org/mychart/signu...F3MJI9vak2iryM
Roaming ice cream like trucks issuing vaccines would be cool.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:39 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,598,346 times
Has anyone gotten their shot through a Johnston County mass vaccination site? They do not set up your 2nd appointment at the time of the shot and trying to figure it all out. Anyone with info on the 2nd shot through Johnston County?

Old 03-26-2021, 09:14 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,060,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Roaming ice cream like trucks issuing vaccines would be cool.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Has anyone gotten their shot through a Johnston County mass vaccination site? They do not set up your 2nd appointment at the time of the shot and trying to figure it all out. Anyone with info on the 2nd shot through Johnston County?
per their website

Quote:
The Johnston County Public Health Department will contact individuals by telephone to inform them of the date, time and location of their second dose vaccination clinic. Pay close attention to the detailed information and remember to bring your identification and COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card with you.

Individuals who received the COVID-19 vaccine through another provider should contact the provider directly for guidance on obtaining the second dosage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary