Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 10:49 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,060,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Funny thing - my arm is less sore this time around. It's not dead, I have no loss of range of movement, and if it wasn't for the silver dollar sized raised area that feels warm to the touch, I'd never know I had a vaccine. Exactly like when I got the Shingles 2-shot vaccine a few years ago.

Older peeps over age 50 tend to have less reaction, I've heard.

I used dead arm in the "that feeling when a friend gives you two knuckle punches in the arm for flinching" feeling.

Not literally unusable, but muscularly sore.

Just wanted to clear up my word salad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 10:58 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,449,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Good to hear. Everyone I know who has felt crappy after shot 2 got the Moderna vaccine.

Happy other than the normal dead arm you're seeing none of other side effects.
I think the arm soreness was more about where the shot goes specifically. The second one was closer to the joint in my situation (and really, it's a difference of an inch or two,) but it was more sore walking out and more sore afterwards.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:02 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,060,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
I think the arm soreness was more about where the shot goes specifically. The second one was closer to the joint in my situation (and really, it's a difference of an inch or two,) but it was more sore walking out and more sore afterwards.

Could be. I just know during the umpteen vaccines I have received in my life, each time, the arm given it has felt like someone punched me.

Inter-muscle shots and usual side effects blah blah blah.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:18 AM

18,114 posts, read 15,696,543 times
When I get inter-muscular shots they don't hurt & I usually don't get much, if any, pain afterwards. So far this is similar.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:26 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,462,794 times
My wife felt almost nothing. I couldn't raise my arm above halfway for almost a week, although I did not take any pain medication. Frankly it (almost) made me consider not getting the second dose. 10+ days later my arm still hurts a little bit. Not enough to skip it but wow. It was way more painful than any shot I have ever had. I did talk to some co-workers who were also gym goers and they said the same thing. I read somewhere when the liquid is injected, it tears the muscle fibers apart. Since (in general) women are going to have less of it, they would not hurt as much. Makes sense.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:39 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,608,065 times
Second Pfizer jab from yesterday is kicking my butt a bit today, age 53 here. It's not terrible, just low-grade fever, body aches, and massive fatigue. Tylenol and naps are the name of the game today. I took my dog to doggie day care because though she is old, she is not willing to allow naps. Every side effect is worth it.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:58 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,942,522 times
The only time my arm hurt from the first injection was sleeping on that side. It's been 2 weeks since that 1st dose and I still feel a bit of pain when rolling over on that side.

Curious to know if people switched arms for the 2nd shot.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:48 AM

1,204 posts, read 779,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
The only time my arm hurt from the first injection was sleeping on that side. It's been 2 weeks since that 1st dose and I still feel a bit of pain when rolling over on that side.

I did. After my first shot I realized I sleep on my left side, so this time I got it on my right arm. The actual place where I got the shot didn't hurt at all this time. Last time I couldn't sleep on my side for about 3 days, and it hurt to touch anywhere around that area on my arm. After the second shot, I had an overall weakness, body ache and low grade fever (didn't have any of that after the first one). Nothing crazy though -- just kinda blah feeling. Pfizer, btw.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:16 AM

18,114 posts, read 15,696,543 times
I had body aches and muscle aches and fatigue yesterday late afternoon about 26 hrs after I got the Moderna #2 on Tues, and that continued through the evening and overnight. I didn't take any pain relievers. Woke up feeling better today. Yes I switched arms; my arm doesn't hurt much, just has a raised area the size of a silver dollar coin.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:57 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,608,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post

I didn't - I'm right handed and wanted to keep the painful one on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary