Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2021, 06:47 AM

18,116 posts, read 15,696,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRule99 View Post
I wonder how the state is going to ensure that people are not getting vaccinated twice or mix-and-matching the vaccines....
The state can't ensure that, it will always lag behind as it reports after-the-fact. This has to be managed at the local pharmacy or vaccine clinic level. It's why everyone is handed a vaccine card with info about what vaccine they received, on what date, from what lot #, and given an appointment for their next shot. Personal accountability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 07:54 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,066,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
I totally get catastrophizing, but I would try not to worry about not getting the email if they confirmed your appointment when you called. That place seemed to run like a well-oiled machine and the people there were extremely professional. They reserved a bunch of appointments for people to make over the phone to cover people who weren't able to make one online, so there are probably plenty of people who did not get a confirmation email. It will be okay.

But if it would make you feel a little better, you might be able to see that you have an appointment if you registered with NCDHHS. I had registered over the phone awhile back but never went through the portal to see my info. However, this morning I got an email about my COVID-19 Portal Proof of Vaccination, so I went in and all my information is in there including my next appointment.

https://covid-vaccine-portal.ncdhhs.gov
888-675-4567
Does everyone get an invitation to the portal? Got my shot and tried to sign up. Did not get an email.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:47 PM

1,326 posts, read 725,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Does everyone get an invitation to the portal? Got my shot and tried to sign up. Did not get an email.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRule99 View Post
I got my first shot at Walgreens but do not have access to the NCDHHS portal. I was hoping to get the portal information once Walgreens fed the data to the state but apparently that is not happening.
I guess it depends on where you get the vaccine and if you provide your email, but the day after our first vaccine at the FEMA site, my husband and I both got an email stating "Your vaccine record is now available on the COVID-19 Vaccine Portal website. To view your vaccine record, log in to the portal, go to My Dashboard, and click Vaccine Record" and there was a link to https://covid-vaccine-portal.ncdhhs....language=en_US

It was easy for me to login since I had already registered and had a password. I also knew from talking to someone at the help center awhile back about appointments that I would need to add .covid19vaccine to my email for the username to get into the portal. Since my husband had not registered beforehand and didn't have login info, he clicked on "Forgot your username?" and "Forgot your password?" and was able to get the information he needed to log in.

Here's an article on WRAL that might have some helpful info. https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/wha...rtal/19584509/

Old 03-21-2021, 04:39 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,608,065 times
I just got an email today asking me to register for the portal. I'm glad, because I want to have that electronic record - I think we will need it for international travel at some point.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:44 PM

18,116 posts, read 15,696,543 times
I've gotten no email for the vaccine portal and have no way to self-register in the system at this point. Walgreens keeps their own system. I've no idea if they will integrate their data with the state at some point or when that might occur.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:46 AM

From the WRAL article linked earlier:

Quote:
As the state explained, everyone who gets vaccinated is registered in some way or another, so it’s known who has been vaccinated, with what vaccine and, if you need a second shot, when’s the right time to administer that.

In an email to WRAL News, a DHHS spokesperson said providers have different registration systems. Most people are going to be registered in the state’s COVID-19 Vaccine Management System. While you’ll still be in that system, if the location where you got your shot didn’t ask for your email address, it’s likely you won’t be receiving a portal invitation.

If you need to show proof of your vaccination, you can just pull up the link to the portal on your phone or computer. You can also show the card you received the day you got your shot. If you didn't receive an invitation to the portal or lose your card, you should reach out to the health care provider that gave you the vaccine. https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/wha...rtal/19584509/
I'd try calling the NCDHHS COVID help center first at 888-675-4567 to see if they can help with accessing the portal followed by a call to the provider if needed. The person I spoke with at the help center was very helpful when I called awhile back with other questions. Like I mentioned earlier, my husband never registered himself and yet his record was in there.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:41 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
since the end of January, we have seen the first real decrease in Active Cases in the US - a 22% decrease in active cases.

since the end of January, deaths have continued declining sharply - from a peak in the ~3500 range/7 day average to barely over 1K today (and with luck, today will be THE last day we average above 1K). It's been since early Nov that we were < 1K deaths.

Neither FL nor TX nor Mississippi has seen a rise in cases. NY has plateaued, and slightly increased.

We've managed to cajole 70% of the 65+ to get at least 1 shot, and 43% are fully-vaccinated.

In NC:

36th in cases/MM and 40th in deaths/MM (approaching 12,000 total)

Active cases are at late September/early July #'s.

New cases have leveled off - and could certainly be our test sensitivity - but are down 78% since the end of January.

Deaths are down 80% to just 20/day.

We're "stuck" around 1,000 hospitalizations, because our admissions are consistently ~110/day. ICU stuck around 250 patients with minor amounts above/below.

We're at 3 of 10 with at least 1 shot, and closing in on out of every 5 adults fully vaccinated.

Wake County is down from around 1K/day to ~250/day.

Wake County hasn't had more than 4 deaths daily since Feb 1st. We've had 35 days of 1 or 0 deaths, twice as many days as > 1 death.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:48 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,608,065 times
Greensboro FEMA vaccination site just off I40 at the mall is MEGA EFFICIENT. I highly recommend, if it's convenient to you. They have a drive up and an indoor option - I would have picked the drive up, but no appointments were available, so I went in the mall...it was fine. I double masked and the military ran it all very smoothly.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:23 PM

9,781 posts, read 15,798,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
Greensboro FEMA vaccination site just off I40 at the mall is MEGA EFFICIENT. I highly recommend, if it's convenient to you. They have a drive up and an indoor option - I would have picked the drive up, but no appointments were available, so I went in the mall...it was fine. I double masked and the military ran it all very smoothly.
Someone on my listserv said the exact same thing. She also went inside and said they were very efficient! That's so good to hear!

Old 03-23-2021, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
Glad it went well! We did the inside clinic too since we could get an appointment sooner and felt totally comfortable. We were extremely impressed with how well it was run and the people running it. It was a pretty unique experience to top off such an unusual year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary