Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 06:11 PM

5,587 posts, read 8,398,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
While the backyard is very attractive, you would have to have a green thumb to properly care for all the plants. Either that, or hire a gardener.

Aren't tile countertops considered to be dated?

That said, I think this house would work just fine for one person. Anymore than that, it would be too cramped.
The place was built in 1997 when tile counters were the norm on the West coast. My new condo in SoCal had white tile with white grout -- what a nightmare! I wouldn't even pour coffee over the counter for fear of staining that grout!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 06:21 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
Not my style, I mean better than being homeless I guess.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:28 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
It's not for me, as I'm only getting older. Stairs are no problem right now. But, that has a tendency to change really fast. Another thing, it DOES appear to have a shared wall, according to the window that looks out over the roof line. You can forget any backyard privacy, too. The neighbor's upstair windows in the master, peer over the backyards of your neighbors.

Last thing is the $4260 every year you have to shell out, above and beyond your regular maintenance. And that $4260 is after tax dollars, too. So, it's more like $8000 a year, going down the toilet. For no reason at all. (Ok, there's a community pool that you wouldn't dare touch with a 29 and a half foot pole, but I digress.)

Old 07-06-2021, 06:35 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Finding a condo is fairly tough in the Puget Sound area. For the price of a 2+2 condo, you may do better with a rental apartment flat of comparable size, single floor. We have a condo in Redmond WA, a single floor 2+2, ~1000sqft, small building. Over the hot spell, the attic's sprinkler head popped causing water damage to three floors, 6 units and stair well. The displayed condo is essentially a stand alone.

Old 07-06-2021, 07:29 PM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
I like it, especially the backyard. I could live there

Old 07-06-2021, 07:57 PM

2,367 posts, read 908,280 times
It has some very attractive features. But the front door opening immediately to stairs is a deal breaker for me. I consider that bad Feng Shui. That's just me. Not everyone cares about these things. Entrance is important for me.

The other thing I noticed is that the unit was only worth $247,000 in 2017. Now they're asking $449,000. I would have to know more about the location.

Old 07-06-2021, 08:32 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieTX View Post
Also, with no rooms on the main floor and little storage, you’ll be going up and down those stairs. A lot.
Why would you be going up and down the stairs a lot? In the morning, after you wake up and get ready, you come downstairs. You go about your day's activities. You come home and hang out in the kitchen for your meals and in the living room to watch TV or relax. At bedtime, you go back upstairs to go to bed. Grand total of stairway usages: 2 (1 down, 1 up).

I think it's a very nice place for a single person, and perfectly acceptable for a couple with no kids. It would also work well for two roommates. It would be doable, though a bit crowded, for a couple with one kid.

Not knowing anything about the location and the HOA fees and all that, but solely based on the pictures and the floor plan, if I were in any of the categories listed above, I would buy it.

Old 07-06-2021, 08:49 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,814,733 times
It's a well designed floor plan considering the limitations of the footprint.

But if the footprint and the stairs don't work for YOU what good is that?

And if the price is in line with location, your 'must haves' are met, then the vile kitchen counter tiles are endurable... for a while.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:05 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Not my cup of tea. Would prefer dark countertop in kitchen, preferably granite.

I can't believe all the raves the backyard is getting. The thing that stood out to me is complete lack of covered area.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:06 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,547 times
Just based on the floor plan and the set up, I really like it. As a single person, I'd be very happy in that space. I'm not a fan of the HOA fees, though. I rented a condo that was very similar in set up that one. The one in these pics is better, though. Bigger kitchen, bigger rooms upstairs, and an additional bathroom. The rest of the set up is very similar. I miss that condo- it was great for just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate