Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 11:08 AM

467 posts, read 1,045,626 times

Advertisements

https://www.redfin.com/WA/Bellingham.../home/15813799

Positives are no shared walls, condition, a one car garage, and a cute little backyard.

Negatives are the floor plan, at least in my opinion. The structure is very narrow, and two stories tall, with each floor being around 600 square feet. If you take the 3D tour in the pictures, it can give you a sense of how it feels inside. Also, with no rooms on the main floor and little storage, you’ll be going up and down those stairs. A lot.

I’ve viewed it, and despite it checking off my boxes, just don’t like the floor plan. Would you find this layout unappealing as well? The upstairs is slightly larger because the stairwell doesn’t cut into the space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 11:14 AM

6,484 posts, read 10,357,154 times
Personally, as a single person I would find it very attractive. Maybe not so much with a growing family. Seems very nice IMHO. Best wishes to you, let us know what you decide.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:23 AM

104 posts, read 98,414 times
Very nice townhouse. Looks like it gets ton of natural light. The current owners did a great job with the backyard and upkeep of the property.

I don't mind the floorplan, I think this is pretty common for urban townhomes. I was looking at one that was three levels and the main living level didn't even have a bathroom nor did it have a yard space or view like this one has. Granted the place was located in a larger city. This one is much nicer. Also you can get creative with adding more storage space in your garage.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:26 AM

15,579 posts, read 40,446,371 times
I don't like the space, personally and would not buy it, but everyone likes different things.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:32 AM

17,399 posts, read 16,540,182 times
I think that they could have done a much better job with staging the lower level of the house. What is with all of those little tables placed all over the place? They should have put a t.v. over the fireplace, an L shaped sectional with a coffee table in the living room and a decent sized kitchen table in the dining room. Instead, they cluttered the space with little wall tables and plant stands everywhere, why?

I would have to see another well staged listing of that lower level or actually tour the house to know if I could make that layout work. The master bedroom and second bedroom look spacious, the patio area is nice.

I'm also not a big fan of monthly condo fees which in this case is $355/month, that doesn't seem too bad. It depends on what all that fee covers.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:40 AM

696 posts, read 704,064 times
I like it. I used to live in a similar home, except it was a duplex (just two units with a common wall). The living room, eat-in kitchen, and half bath were downstairs, and three bedrooms and a full bath were upstairs.

We did not find ourselves running up and down the stairs all that frequently, but if you’d prefer at least on bedroom on the ground floor, then keep looking. You’re the buyer, so it’s really up to you.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:41 AM

467 posts, read 1,045,626 times
Thanks for all the feedback. Really, the upstairs is much more spacious than the downstairs. The two rooms upstairs are of a normal size and things feel “normal.”

It’s the downstairs that has me concerned. You don’t have a spacious living room or dining area at all. As I described, the space just feels awfully narrow. And the thought of constantly going up and down those stairs bothers me.

I estimate the entire downstairs is no larger than 550 square feet.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:50 AM

6,484 posts, read 10,357,154 times
When I was a Realtor (until 2014) I showed a similar size/style/layout here in FL to several potential buyers built by Pulte in a development on the outskirts of my city. If I had not bought a different home a few years previously I would have considered purchasing one of those homes in my area.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:12 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,057,141 times
My only comments ; only 2 bedrooms, sink in corner of cabinets.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:31 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,795,746 times
I kind of like it - I really like how the backyard offers privacy. (Not a fan of the kitchen countertop - otherwise, I think the layout is fine, esp. for one person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate