Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 06:10 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Wow - my realtor must have worked some serious magic tonight. She just called me back and said that they already gave their answer. They want NOTHING with the exception of some flashing around the windows that we have to go back to the builder for. Apparently he installed them incorrectly so we are going to make him come back and do it for us. So it looks like things are going to happen after all! My realtor is like some miricle worker!

Kristine

Yeah Kristine..prayers work..sounds like they are reasonable folks after all..now when is your close of escrow??? I think I am going to cry because I am so happy for you.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:31 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Welcome In the Pines

Kristine - Congratulations....it looks like it will happen. I am glad the buyers came to their senses and didn't ask too much. You already have given them the moon by them getting a great price

Crazyma - I am with you...alot of witchy girls on American Idol. Glad bikini girl is gone too...she needs an attitude adjustment, she is not all that. I only get to watch it on Wednesday because I have another committment at church on Tuesdays. Then I was suppose to play in a Volleyball league at the YMCA on Wednesdays and I bowed out because I need at least one night of American Idol (we don't have dvr so can't record)

Barb - You have got to be kidding me. I thought two months of bank statements was alot when they asked us for them, but seems like they want you to jump up to the moon and not just through a hoop. They kept asking us why my daughter was on my account that had the money for our down payment. I had to write a detailed letter of why. I wasn't married at the time, I had to have someone on the account in case something happened to me. The underwriting was worried my daughter would draw the money out before we went to closing...whatever!
I realize that the banks have to protect themselves but my gosh, 2 years ago they gave out money to anyone that walked by...this is the other extreme.

So when you are in St. George drive by our house, make sure it's still there...ha ha. Today I get a call from the property management company saying that a guy called her wanting to winterize our house...HUH. Why would we want someone to do that. We were just there and got water, power and everything on. So I had to call the guy and he said he was told to go over there by the Owner and then he mentioned the previous owners name. I said I AM THE OWNER, don't be taking orders from someone else. I was ticked. I am scared someone is going to burn it down before I get there...GEESh.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:54 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
What, they don't like the pot field????? LOL

Well they came and went. My realtor said they kept saying "yeah but, you pay so much for a house you expect it to be perfect" and "you expect a house that is new to be in better condition".

She said she wanted to say "if you want a new house, then go spend the money and go buy a new Fing house! This one is 7 year old!" I love her. She said clearly their expectations are over the top and she did not think she got through to them. She is kind of with us with telling them to take a hike. So we will make that decision tomorrow when they come back with the inspection list. The thing that makes me the maddest is that she said they came through one of our very first open houses we had and they loved the house but could not afford it. Back then in was $100,000 more than our current list price. So they knew our original list price and STILL lowballed us. They are getting $140,000 off the current list price and are still bitching.

Kristine
Hammy. Was it verbal or in writing that you said "as is"....for the home inspection.

Unfortunately, it isn't over until the deal is signed in blood! (practically_) As I said, we had buyers from a few years ago who really were nasty...wanting EVERYTHING FOR nothing! and the laundry list for the home inspection. We didn't budge after that and he backed off..
Maybe yours will too/???
If not, f- em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 06:56 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Wow - my realtor must have worked some serious magic tonight. She just called me back and said that they already gave their answer. They want NOTHING with the exception of some flashing around the windows that we have to go back to the builder for. Apparently he installed them incorrectly so we are going to make him come back and do it for us. So it looks like things are going to happen after all! My realtor is like some miricle worker!

Kristine
Yay! Congrats. Your realtor is very cool. I was just catching up and saw this lol...................YAY Kristine. Some needed relief.
I would bring your boxing gloves to the closing....(I will stand in line with you to punch their lights out lol-!)

Quote:
Well gang I am heading off to bed I feel really yucky and besides my computer is giving me LOTS of problems, it seems to freeze and I can't get anything to work without bringing up the task manager. Computers, it is a love hate relationship!!!
JUDY!! Goodnite girl!! Have a wonderful evening! Sleep deep!
Dogmom!!!!!!!!!!!You poor thing. You have been through the mill!! Take a relaxing calgon bath!!
Lacey--- Went to Manhattan today-------omg. Fat Witch Bakery rocks!!!!!!!!! http://www.fatwitch.com/FWBhomeNo.html (broken link)
OMG. TO DIE FOR CARAMEL BROWNIES. Everthing is already pre-wrapped in cellophane but fresh as a daisy lol.......A couple great bakeries in there. Had to get my daughter and son some cupcakes!! those were http://chelseamarket.com/elenis/ (broken link) check it out guys!!
That was my dinner. A caramel brownie and a lemon cupcake with buttercream icing!! to die for.
Painter. Niki...Crazyma..Chick!!!hi girls!!!!! In the Pines (welcome!).....

Last edited by njsocks; 02-05-2009 at 07:04 PM..

Old 02-05-2009, 07:13 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Pines View Post
Wow - thanks for all the warm welcomes! I wish I could figure out how to use the quotes feature - I'm not dumb, I promise.

Painter - we are trying to sell our home in SC and since my husband travels out of town for work each week (he's in Germany this week) I'm not doing anything with my appraisal skills as I am at home with my two little ones. But... I'd love to appraise farm land one day when my boys are in school full time. So... we're trying to sell our home so we can move closer to family as we currently have no family anywhere close to use now and I'm longing for a cooler climate than the Lowcountry of SC offers. We're looking into farms when we sell our home.

I'm staying as optimistic as possible during this whole process b/c I believe consumer confidence is key. I have gotten very frustrated with agents who, though nice, try to contribute to decreasing house values by advising clients to sell low so they can earn a faster paycheck. I understand everyone needs to eat but when an agent told me he flat out he couldn't sell our house for anything over X amount, I was a little miffed and then I actually respected him b/c he knew he client base and his skill level and was honest when he said we perhaps would do better with another agent who could afford to wait longer for the sale. I wonder how many agents pressure sellers to lower the price simply to have a faster sell rather than the best sell?

Pines you said you live in the low country my brother and his wife just built a home in Beaufort SC. I think they call that the low country not sure.

Welcome
Lorrie

Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
So glad to hear some good news for you, Hammy. It sounds like it is going to work out! Fingers crossed...

Niki, we moved to Winston-Salem, so we are not too far from you! We love it! I must admit, though, I'm still getting used to the cold... brrrrr!!!!

Anita

Tell me about the cold in NC it was 5 degrees this morning. I didn't expect that when we moved here. 80 degrees is just perfect for me or higher.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:26 PM

Default Barb

Barb
What the heck are they putting you through. You cannot get a break. Homes need to be sold and then bought. Then maybe the economy will adjust. I can understand 20% down as it should be and the ability to make the payments which they didn't care about a few years ago but to make life so much harder buying a home can nix the buyers to say the heck with it. It is not worth it.
Have a safe and fun trip
Enjoy
Lorrie

Old 02-05-2009, 07:34 PM

Default hammy

hammy it is about time life is getting easier for you. You have really had an adventure that you will not soon forget. It is almost over you can breath now.

Just wisper in my ear. Boy or Girl. I will not tell anyone. I promise.lol

Old 02-05-2009, 07:42 PM

Default Judy

Old 02-05-2009, 07:45 PM

Default Crazyma and Texasgirl

Crazyma
Texas
Just making sure my dm is working.
Lorrie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate