Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2008, 12:12 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times

Advertisements

my moment of silence for lacey
it won't last long
see ya in a bit!

Old 11-22-2008, 12:35 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,418 times
Hey All!!!!!! I am back from my vacation and just read about 50 pages of this thread and the last one.

Our vacation was great, Disney World was loads of fun, as usual. I can never get enough of that place. It was actually pretty chilly (in the 60's) most of the time but then, I came home to 25 degrees. I want the 60's back!!!

We had two showings last week and one open house. My realtor has not gotten any feedback from the first one , the only feedback the second one gave was that she was showing it for another agent who was out of town but that agent would be in touch. That was last Friday and we have heard nothing since. There was one couple that came to the open house and my agent said they really liked it but held their cards close. My neighbor stopped by last night to give us our mail and he said that the people who came last Friday were at my house for a REALLY long time. But like I said, we have heard nothing from their "real" agent about anything.

Kristine

Old 11-22-2008, 12:49 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Thank you all so much for the karma, dust, prayers. We're headed out soon!

Hugs and love you all.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:23 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I lived in the bay area for many years also. Great place. I lived in Fremont, but move from there in 1980.
Pleasanton and then Danville to 2004. You moved the year after we moved to Pleasanton and the mall was being built. If we needed to go to the mall we had to go to Concord. In all the states we have Lived I have never found a mall that I loved as much as the stoneridge mall in Pleasanton.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:34 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Default Hdl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
And a nurse !!! Geesh louise sista, now I know why the men are DMing you !!! <Please send me your list of rejects !!!!>

Alas, my secret is OUT !!! I hate DMing , so I limit WHO gets to send them to me !! You have to pass a special initiation and very few make it through . Crazyma has decided to vouch for you, so due to the fact that I have 'dirt' on her and I'm dying to tell someone , I have now made you an official contact and you can DM me till your heart's content !!! I cannot commit to answering them, mind you . But I will definitely read them !

Ain't life GRAND !
Crazyma will vouch for me also (I think). I tried a DM to you a few weeks ago but saw that I could not. I do not DM often. Up to you. Gotta warn you My feelings get hurt when i am rejected.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:43 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well you know I don't understand where the yrs went but it wasn't long ago that old age never entered into the decisions on where to live. Now I am considering building a SMALL house and looking at openings, 1 level, making sure everything is accessable by chair or walker. WOW you talk about doom and gloom........
Yep, we did the same thing. Went for everything on one floor. We looked at another house with a bonus room upstairs, but hubby wanted me to have my craft room up there and I put the kaibosh on that. We ended up here anyway with house on a slab. Would have liked a bit more of an attic, but at least we can store some lighter weight stuff up there on shelf areas that hubby is putting up. Rather give up stuff than have stairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hmmm...never thought about wheelchair access..well guess we will cross that bridge when we get to it, I will say that we have totally ruled out 2 story houses..i tend to fall a lot, and my son's stairs are, well lets say, are a killer for me...good thing I have a lot of padding on my rear side...whoops, there it goes! I have tumbled down his stairs at least 3 times, somehow lose my footing on the carpet, I dunno..it's embarrassing actually
This house has a couple of doors that wouldn't be chair accessible, but they can be enlarged if necessary. Rest are either very open or double french doors. I'm wondering if you do the same thing that I do. I tend to hit the steps with just the back of my foot and sometimes my heel slips off the steps and I go down some of them. The steps that they are putting in the new loft homes here are really, really steep. I'm thinking that about the only thing the lofts would be good for is for when kids and grandkids visit because I sure wouldn't want to be 80 and going up and down them.

And yes, I will be leaving for PA tomorrow morning between 7-8am. Takes about 9 hours, approximately 500 miles through the mountains of WV, which can get pretty snowy.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
And yes, I will be leaving for PA tomorrow morning between 7-8am. Takes about 9 hours, approximately 500 miles through the mountains of WV, which can get pretty snowy.
What part of PA are you coming to? I live in Pittsburgh.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:21 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Hey Stoy...this is the kind of cowboy I had in mind....
Not many like him in San Antonio

Old 11-22-2008, 02:30 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Painter- they were looking at houses in our neighborhood, several priced between 200 and 250K. We're lots above it.
Chickrae-I'd love to hear about your log home since our plan is to build one!
Lacey-Hope you get great news!

Old 11-22-2008, 02:48 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Not many like him in San Antonio
Not in Austin, either. Those Fort Worth cowboys are cute though!! Hmmmm, maybe I should be moving there!

Hey everyone I made $250.00 today at my garage sale!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate