Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 04:36 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times

Advertisements

Welcome back Hdzup! Long time no see girlfriend. Hi Wisteria, this is a fun group to be part of, and the nicest people on CD are on here. Texas, how's your bro doing. That stinks about that cop blaming him. What a dbag. Dogmom, hope the settling in is going well. When is Dogpaw going to be back in CA with you? Lorrie, what's new with you these days? Lacey, hope all goes well with the doc for Mr. L today and saying a prayer for a clean bill of health. Crazyma, would love to see a pic of the chairs/cushions that you just redid. Brookdale and Stoy, hope your vacations are a blast! Hey Niki, how are things going? Texas, where are your pics of your trip? How did the showing go yesterday? C21, hi and give Albert a big hug for me. (no biting Albert, be good) NJ, hope you are feeling ok. Well, no word back yet from our counter offer. Even if this doesn't come through, I'm just happy we finally got an offer.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:59 AM

657 posts, read 1,789,099 times
whooo hoooo im feeling better already!!! thanx girls!

Old 06-09-2009, 06:50 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,868 times
Tambre,
Things are going fine. I got a flat tire on Friday. Did I tell y'all that? My brother came by on Saturday and put the spare on it. He said something about getting the flat plugged or patched. I'm going to try to get that done today.

Dh should be home from Texas tomorrow. He's been gone for over a month this time. He was gone for three months last time, so this is better.

This is the last week of school for my kids. Sean has to retake his math EOG tomorrow. He failed it a week or so ago by one problem. :-/ Hopefully he'll pass this time (his teacher is confident, but I'm nervous) so that he can graduate (from 5th grade) this Friday.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:28 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Good morning everyone, A big campers welcome to Wisteria, say what you want when you need to.
All is quiet here, nothing at all is going on. The temps are high, and no rain till the weekend. I am slowly getting things together for the "project", just waiting on the qoutes to put the final numbers together. They did the appraisal on the little hse yesterday and all we need now is to close. Wish I could say that about my place-13 weeks and not a nibble.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:01 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
Quote:
NJ, hope the procedure goes flawlessly, and you are back on your feet in no time. My dd's friend's mom had something like that done, and was very pleased with the results.
]
Thanks Tambre!!

Quote:
NJS-how'd it go today-just rest
Lace!!!!! Is. Mr. L's colonoscopy today???prayers for you.I am doing ok! Resting today.. I am glad my hub took off yesterday. They gave me a shot in the azz of something for pain before they started---6 minutes each side of uterus--cramped a bit during it---but was over quickly....glad I am done! Had grapes for breakfast lol that am...and felt nauseous in the car when we started to leave to go home---good thing for a roll of paper towels nearby lol. I slept off and on most of rest of day yesterday. Actually got a good night sleep for once!! crampy today but feel ok! Will skip the gym today!! tomorrow is a new day. 2 weeks she said no baths...no hottubs..no s==e==x lol for 2 weeks..I am glad it's over. Thanks for well wishes and prayers..........................to all the well wishers. They gave me vicodin but I never filled the prescription! Motrin is better for me if I need it....

and tex and C21- thanks for all your well wishes girls!!

No counter back Tam? that stinks!! At least it's an offer like I got---something...even though nothing back.........Storming here BAD!! Lightning and thunder!

Old 06-09-2009, 08:14 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
Hey NJ!
and that 'girl stuff' is better than ever

Old 06-09-2009, 08:17 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey NJ!
and that 'girl stuff' is better than ever
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Thanks Crazyma!!!!!!! I needed that you rock. Hope you are doing ok!!

Old 06-09-2009, 08:18 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
for today...
http://www.tangtang.sg/IQuote/god-has-promised.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-09-2009, 08:27 AM

959 posts, read 1,825,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
hi.
dont know if some of you remember me... its been a looooong time. and guess what? i still havent sold my house!!
its 14 mos now and im starting to get loopy.. more so than normal so thats pretty loopy!!
i stopped posting here cuz it was my same ol story so i just tried to stay positive but now i need some shoulders. lol
ive lowered my house in these mos from 319,900 to now 259,900 and nothing. not even a call. got some showings last price. 267,900 and as all of my showings.. THEY LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.. TOP OF THE LIST. GREAT PRICE..
last person said they were freaked about my taxes. they were estemated at 5800 a year. but were actually 4200. i dont know what to think.. i dont want to blame my realtor.. theres only so much you can do. ive got all the advertising etc... but no bites.
now people prob dont want to even look cuz they think theres got to be something wrong!!
im thinking its real hard for people getting mortages..
i just dont know what else i can do here. this is my bottom bottom line...
i even have it on craigslist..
say a prayer for me. i need to get this thing done!!
I think we can all feel your pain here. It is a suck market, that is FOR SURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Hi, I'm a lurker of this (these) thread(s), and I now have to come here.... I didn't want to, I tried to stay away, I hoped it wouldn't happen, but here I am.

Story: I'll leave out ugly personal details -- suffice to stay I got -- now own -- a house I did not originally choose nor buy -- lots of resentment, but that's the personal stuff, but just so you know I wouldn't have bought a house where it is, although I have tried to keep it nice, although I could never afford remodeling it.

Now, I'm not quite ready to kill myself over this, as it's only been listed for about 3 weeks....oh, I know, many of you will think I'm a baby in this, but I NEED OUT!! NOW!! I am going crazy here all alone, isolated up in the woods. This house, work needed or not, needs a FAMILY -- some kids, lots of pets, a gardener, a handy guy, lots of love!

Okay, so I also feel I can't blame my realtor. I took a long time choosing her -- went through the MLS for months looking at every listing in my county -- decided hers were the most comprehensive, always had lots of photos and virtual tours, good (correctly spelled! important to me) descriptions, lots of good stuff. I asked if she would represent me, and she agreed. She came loaded with all kinds of charts and graphs of the housing market where I am.

She even threw in two, yes TWO, house cleanings, AND a stager! Her percentage is lower than the others. She had the professional photographer at the house for six hours! 18 photos and 3-part virtual tour. There are two huge for sale signs, plus a flyer box outside, and arrows pointing down to where there is more property. She even told me about St. Joseph! (He has his poor little head upside down in the ground facing my house.....)

Three little nibbles -- and I mean nibbles. Seems people want remodeled homes. Well, where I live is NOT the suburbs -- it's in the woods -- in the mountains above Santa Cruz. It's only 20 minutes from the beach! The property is over 1/3 acre! There's an extra building I made into a guest house/recreation room. There are tropical flowers all over. Granted, it's not in town, but there's a HUGE amount of useable land, I have patios all over, an outdoor fireplace, and a big porch. It is a small house with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and a "bonus" room -- large living room though. You'd think there'd be a family of tree-huggers or nature lovers who would want to be near the beach for half the price of living in town, AND lots of privacy and land!

Anyway, I really want out. My daughter left for college and never looked back. Now, I'm all alone up on this huge piece of property and I don't like it. I'm scared after reading all these posts -- what if I never sell it? Will anyone buy again, and will I ever get anything out of this place (I still owe the entire mortgage -- I'm not one who was there forever and paid off the mortgage or had family money or anything).

hdzup3 -- 14 months???!!!! It's freaking me out.

I didn't have time to go through this entire segment of Crazy Camp #4, but I did go through the others quite a bit. But I wasn't trying to sell then. Then this thread came to me and I realized..."Oh, oh, I'm now one of them!"

So, I just want to say, "Hi," and hope there are some encouraging stories that come out of here after this point. Thanks, everyone!

Wisteria
Welcome to the group. You will find lots of shoulders to cry on here. But I too wonder what you meant by you are now one of us, like it is something horrible. I might be a little biased but I think that we are some pretty fantastic women here.

Kristine

Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 AM

959 posts, read 1,825,112 times
OK I am BURSTING at the seams trying to keep the sex of the baby in with you guys....can't I just spill the beans already?????? I want to show you some bedding that I am trying to decide between and I can't because you cannot know the sex!

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate