Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:45 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,548,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
How would that affect my living situation?
You would then save up enough money and get your own place. You are 24 yrs old which is not exactly young. You should be able to live independently on your own under your own rules. Looks like mom was also trying to teach you the very same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 01:47 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,557,216 times
Quote:
Well, I'm glad I met a guy who feels differently.
Honestly, he doesn't seem like much of a catch from what you've said. No offense.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:47 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
you could save money to find a place of your own if you did not party all the time booze is expensvie...
I don't go out alone (in fact, I can't, because I can't drive anywhere), I'm always accompanied by one or multiple individuals and I don't pay for alcohol. I'm an adult, I work full-time and handle my business, I have chosen not to take on kids or any other significant responsibilities other than myself, I am entitled to enjoy a night out every single day of the week if I wish.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Honestly, he doesn't seem like much of a catch from what you've said. No offense.
NO, he doesn't. What a mess.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Different strokes for different folks. He's not without flaws, but if I didn't get anything I was seeking out of it, I wouldn't be in it.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I don't go out alone (in fact, I can't, because I can't drive anywhere), I'm always accompanied by one or multiple individuals and I don't pay for alcohol. I'm an adult, I work full-time and handle my business, I have chosen not to take on kids or any other significant responsibilities other than myself, I am entitled to enjoy a night out every single day of the week if I wish.
So in other words you are a freeloader?

Old 06-21-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Looks like mom was also trying to teach you the very same thing.
I paid my mother rent and had been purchasing my own clothes, food and shoes for years, even when I was underage (I've been working since the age of 14). She just wanted to be alone. She's the type of person that has no need for human companionship.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
So in other words you are a freeloader?
If a guy takes you out and purchases your drinks, you consider it freeloading? That's a whole other kettle of fish.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,330,060 times
Quote:
you are 24 you are at the age where yes you do have to get your sh*t together and take on significant responsibilities and the best way is to move out on your own and find out what it is like and start putting money away and work on getting your DL so you don't have rely on others to get around.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
If a guy takes you out and purchases your drinks, you consider it freeloading? That's a whole other kettle of fish.
LOL! Ok, I give up. Goodluck in whatever decision you make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships