Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:57 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
you are 24 you are at the age where yes you do have to get your sh*t together and take on significant responsibilities and the best way is to move out on your own and find out what it is like and start putting money away and work on getting your DL so you don't have rely on others to get around.
I have to get a driver's license to consider moving out, the horse has to come before the carriage. Traditionally, most people learn how to drive when they are in high school, not when they have a full-time job and have to cook and clean. I do have significant responsibilities, to myself and this house, and yes to my roommate. I have no need to "take on" anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 01:58 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
If a guy takes you out and purchases your drinks, you consider it freeloading? That's a whole other kettle of fish.
so let me get this right you live with your ex-BF and now have a new BF who as you say is controlling, abusive and has a drinking problem and then you go out with other guys who take you out to get you wasted?. all I can say is you have alot of growing up to do and from the looks of it you are going to learn things the hard stubbron way.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:00 PM

6 posts, read 7,638 times
You lost me on the first sentence. If he wants a girl that is living with her ex then he is a looser!!! IMO

Old 06-21-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I have to get a driver's license to consider moving out, the horse has to come before the carriage. Traditionally, most people learn how to drive when they are in high school, not when they have a full-time job and have to cook and clean. I do have significant responsibilities, to myself and this house, and yes to my roommate.
take a drivers ed course they provide a car and a professional driving instructor to help you get your DL.

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
No he does not have a gf and I would not be mad if he brought a girl home, until recently I wasn't allowed to bring guys home, but neither of us bring people home in general so it really isn't an issue.
Allowed? What's that all about? You pay rent, right?

Quote:
so let me get this right you live with your ex-BF and have a current BF who is as you say controlling, abusive and has a drinking problem and then you go out with other guys who take you out to get you wasted all I can say is you have alot of growing up to do and from the looks of it you are going to learn things the hard stubbron way.
I see you're on a soap box, no matter what you actually know about anything it will be construed to fit. But if you must know (not like it matters, because you are inclined to needle to fit your viewpoint), I mainly go out with my ex and his friends. I don't have many other friends out here as of yet, but the few I do tend to be male, and yes they do take me out and pay as they see as it as the gentlemanly thing to do, not like they are going to get some.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
take a drivers ed course they provide a car and a professional driving instructor to help you get your DL.
I am planning to do that as soon as I can make the time. However, it isn't an emergency. As long as I, the person I'm living with, and the people who know me have no issues, than I do not see how it is anyone else's concern.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I am planning to do that as soon as I can make the time. However, it isn't an emergency. As long as I, the person I'm living with, and the people who know me have no issues, than I do not see how it is anyone else's concern.
it is an issue you rely on others to get you around and pay for your drinks you are using people because you would rather party then go read a drivers ed book and study and practice or save some money to get your own place and until you become self sufficient you are not a responsible adult you are just a needy person the uses other people to get what you want and in this day and age that won't get you very far.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
it is an issue you rely on others to get you around and pay for your drinks...
My roommate drives me around because he wants to, in fact, he seems very discouraging of helping me learn how to drive, because even if you take driver's ed., you have to practice to learn how to drive and he doesn't seem interested. I'm no more taking advantage of him by him driving me places than he's taking advantage of me by having me cook for him and make his bed.

People do things for one another. As for "relying" on other's to "pay for my drinks", I can afford my own, I just go out with people who pay without question. If going out were expensive for me I wouldn't do it, similarly, if people didn't want to buy me drinks they wouldn't take me out. Since when is a woman 'needy' because she lets people take her out?

Old 06-21-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I see you're on a soap box, no matter what you actually know about anything it will be construed to fit. But if you must know (not like it matters, because you are inclined to needle to fit your viewpoint), I mainly go out with my ex and his friends. I don't have many other friends out here as of yet, but the few I do tend to be male, and yes they do take me out and pay as they see as it as the gentlemanly thing to do, not like they are going to get some.
I did not say they wanted to get with you but if they are your friends and you and have a job and you should say thanks for the offer but I have my own money and I can buy my own drinks but thanks anyway. sure I would buy my frineds a drink once and a while but for them not to buy the next round or never offer to buy me a drink I would feel like they are using me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships