Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Master/Slave relationships are ok?
Yes 42 47.73%
No 46 52.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 06:37 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Who said anything about a cult?

It is not consenting to torture.Its not like I am being waterboarded or anything.We never do anything that would put our lives at risk.Limits are well established.

If this is not your thing then you can move along.I just hope that I have not offended you in anyway or that you have taken any of my posts as an insult.If that is the case then I appologize.
I do not wish to talk to you, just to let you know I won't be bothering with you.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:38 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I do not wish to talk to you, just to let you know I won't be bothering with you.

Sweet!

Old 07-14-2010, 06:40 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
+1
women are caregivers and compassionate by nature. it would be real easy to forget who we are and that we have choice when you are young and inexperienced in relationships period. harder still when your man and you are immersed a the lifestyle that you both get off by the act of eating out of one another hands while on your knees (or other situation your master puts you in) it is quite another to discover 6 months later, 2 years later he is just a controlling arse with a kink. an extreme example would be the misogyny that mel gibson exposed on his phone rants. mel bellowed how he owned her, she needed to blo*w him. there is a fine line. I am sure there are lots of "normal, nice" dom/sub relationships and my concern would not apply. however I would think too it is a great lifestyle to be in if you are a user, player.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:41 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Are you allowed to watch any TV programs other than "I dream of Jeannie"?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:43 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Are you allowed to watch any TV programs other than "I dream of Jeannie"?

I HATE that show.However I do like the movie because it has Wayne Rogers in it.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Agree.

I'm all for freedom of religion; I'm against cults.

I'm all for what consenting adults do; you shouldn't be able to consent to toruture.

exactally. to our OP some would consider the life style cult like. just like the women who have plural marriages. be they religious or not.

I don't see BDSM as torture for the people who are in it. however I don't think I would want to have to work up a tolerance to a pain level for sex and love.

I do know that some of the allure of the BDSM is the trust that is built up between partners that is the high as well as the physical stuff

Old 07-14-2010, 06:50 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
If you have physical pain in a relationship, I don't see how it can possibly be ok. I am lucky because no one I know is in this type of relationship. I live in a fairly conservative area of the country, and this thread makes me glad I do. It is not up to me to judge you, and I am not. I just hope you are truly ok, because you are very young.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:50 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
exactally. to our OP some would consider the life style cult like. just like the women who have plural marriages. be they religious or not.

I don't see BDSM as torture for the people who are in it. however I don't think I would want to have to work up a tolerance to a pain level for sex and love.

I do know that some of the allure of the BDSM is the trust that is built up between partners that is the high as well as the physical stuff
Agree. BDSM (I am guessing that is the whip stuff) is whatever. Do what you want...just don't come at me with it or you'll lose an arm. Emulating slavery is obscene. This is very similar to parading around a park, with a swastika tattoo and then claiming freedom of expression. Claim that if you want...doesn't make you any less disgusting.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
If you have physical pain in a relationship, I don't see how it can possibly be ok. I am lucky because no one I know is in this type of relationship. I live in a fairly conservative area of the country, and this thread makes me glad I do. It is not up to me to judge you, and I am not. I just hope you are truly ok, because you are very young.

many people in all walks of life practice this lifestyle. straight "vanilla" people practice it to in much more subtle ways. who wears the "pants" in the family. someone who is in charge all day long comes home and wants the spouse to do all the "heavy lifting" the life style the OP is talking about is a bit more complex.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:59 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
women are caregivers and compassionate by nature. it would be real easy to forget who we are and that we have choice when you are young and inexperienced in relationships period. harder still when your man and you are immersed a the lifestyle that you both get off by the act of eating out of one another hands while on your knees (or other situation your master puts you in) it is quite another to discover 6 months later, 2 years later he is just a controlling arse with a kink. an extreme example would be the misogyny that mel gibson exposed on his phone rants. mel bellowed how he owned her, she needed to blo*w him. there is a fine line. I am sure there are lots of "normal, nice" dom/sub relationships and my concern would not apply. however I would think too it is a great lifestyle to be in if you are a user, player.
Everything you have said is spot on.
I have been in a couple of relationships that after a few months, the guy would start spouting about how they wanted a "submissive" woman.
I would be thinking "why are you even dating me then, since I am sooo not that woman?"
Suffice it to say, they didnt last long after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.