Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Master/Slave relationships are ok?
Yes 42 47.73%
No 46 52.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hey, WTH... If an adult wants to be a dog, so be it! As long as they bark in their own houses and don't disturb me, it's fine by me.
That wasn't my point. I was disagreeing with the poster who I quoted, saying these kind of relationships are "in sync" with ones from the 50's.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:04 PM

396 posts, read 732,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
That wasn't my point. I was disagreeing with the poster who I quoted, saying these kind of relationships are "in sync" with ones from the 50's.
I used the word "dynamic"...not "play."

Your relationship also has a dynamic, and play. Your dynamic is how you live and operate together day-to-day, it describes things like who does what chores, who earns the money, who cares for the children, that sort of thing. Your play is the things you do to express your emotions and explore things together physically... what you do in bed, the little gifts you leave and hide for each other, the way you show affection, the nuzzle on the back of the neck while the other washes the dishes, the gentle swat on the butt as s/he walks by... whatever.

The leash/collar bit is part of the "play". The 50's style is part of the "dynamic."

Old 07-15-2010, 12:51 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Well, I can't even trust anyone 100% so a Master/Slave relationship isn't something I could ever be involved in. I suspect once someone gets screwed over by a person they trusted they would never want that kind of relationship either. If people want to play at it that's their business, and it will work until it doesn't....KWIM?

Old 07-15-2010, 03:15 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
The OP admitted to being lead around dangling from a dog collar for a good majority. I hardly think that is descriptive of a 50's style marriage.
I appreciate Wingsy and NY Annies clarifications about misconceptions, but theres no way... no how, I'll be convinced healing on the floor..... hand fed dinner.... dog collar and leash.... as a 24/7 relationship lifestyle "normal" even when consented to. Has no resemblence to the 50s.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:17 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
agree - if that is what makes you happy ....

but for the life of me I can't see how being essentially treated like a dog (wearing a collar, sitting on the floor, being fed etc) is enjoyable, or a way to live.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:23 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
I have no issue keeping my nose out of what other people do in their bedrooms/lives. I am not judging. But I am concerned for the OP.
Some BDSM elements within the sexual relationship can be exciting- but reality is seldom as good when the "fantasy" act is over.

Some red flags- the OP is young, has anxiety issues, and was influenced by a strict religious background.

I am NOT saying this lifestyle is "bad". But I am saying that the lifestyle is riskier to some people more than others.
^^^These are my thoughts exactly.
Shes's happy right now, but looking at Marias posts...sexuality is evolving in a different direction but may end up remaining for economic and anxiety related reasons and a concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I don't see a lock on the thread anymore.Is it safe to continue posting?I am sorry for the trouble.I never intended to offend anyone.
I don't think you've offended anyone, it seems to be more concern on posters parts and not always conveyed that way.

Last edited by virgode; 07-15-2010 at 04:31 AM..

Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post

I had to laugh a few months back... I was at a BBQ hosted by a friend of ours. It was a pretty mixed bag of people attending and I knew probably half of them. I ended up chatting with a woman I'd never met before for a bit. At one point, she reached out and put her hand on my wrist and her eyes were a bit wide... you know the gesture I mean? The "I'm going to impart something a little shocking or surprising, but I feel I can confide in you" thing?

Yeah... she wanted to tell me that she had found a website with "thousands of people having conversations about movies. They TALK to each other for hours every day. They even get to know about each others families and such."

She was talking about IMDB. *chuckling*

^

I got such a great laugh out of that!Thank you!

Old 07-15-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I could agree with that. The fact that a man is beating on a woman is just not sitting well in my stomach. He should let himself get beat up for a while.

Wow...I hope I never have to think of this stuff again...I'm going to have beer and pizza....

He does not beat me up.I would never take any kind of abuse from anyone man or woman period.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it is also about for us older women not wanting a young woman taken advantage of. or to fall into a lifestyle that she experiences things uncomfortable in exchange for love and affection. I would suspect there are many men out there who would make the OP feel loved, have fun, be the man she wants them to be, without some of the aspects that make people uncomfortable.
being young, not really wanting to leave the house, works on her computer, being involved in an intense sexually charged relationship that entails great mental mind play. mind play like that is hard enough to play when you are in your 30's or 40's. that would be a concern I would express to my friend in a similar relationship.
how much money is she really making and can she, would she really leave? being without many girl friends except maybe one in a similar relationship, tells me she really has no one to talk to that doesn't have a personal bias.
so lots to be concerned about.
on the other hand I wonder why the OP would not sleep with another man. seems a bit of a double standard to imagine it is ok for her master to do as he wants, she can do her chick friend but won't enjoy some other man. if she is doing it because she thinks her master and her have a special relationship that he shares with just you and it is more special than the rest. she is fooling herself. your relationship w.him is just different because it is you experiencing it. you and the love you offer him are not unique in that. there should be no reason why you shouldn't be able to enjoy another man.

I would leave if my Master crossed the line with me.In a heart beat.I deserve better than that.Alot of people asked why I would not sleep with another man and my reason for that is I do not want anyone besides my Master to have me in that fashion.It is a personal choice but that doesn't mean I would force such an ideal onto anyone else.What is ok for me and ok for others are two different things entirely.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
^ I think one of the things that bothers me the most is the OP's statement that she started wishing for this lifestyle when she was quite young, thats just not normal, imho.
Also the fact that her "Master" is so much older than she, just smacks of a predator of some sort.

I have given your comment some thought and I agree with you to some extent.Especially since I started feeling this way around the age of 14 or so.However I can't think of anything that would have caused me trouble.We moved that year and I got to go to Disney World for Christmas.As a matter of fact that entire year was particularly good to me.Hmm..

I like older men.Men my age are so immature and non dominant and that just doesn't work for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.