Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Master/Slave relationships are ok?
Yes 42 47.73%
No 46 52.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 05:33 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times

Advertisements

Master/Slave relationship is not for me, but I certainly think that if it makes 2 people happy and nothing is forced or emotionally damaging, than it's okay for them.
Certainly lots of fun to play master/slave in the bedroom though.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:12 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Master/Slave relationship is not for me, but I certainly think that if it makes 2 people happy and nothing is forced or emotionally damaging, than it's okay for them.
Playing is one thing. Living it every day another. My sister was in a realationship like this. Her life was pathetic. She, finally, got away from him but at great expense. She lost everything including her kids. When the slave doesn't want to be a slave anymore, all hell breaks loose.

Men who treat women like slaves should be shot.

When she was younger, my sister liked it because she felt she wasn't responsible. She thought that letting someone else make the decisions meant she was never responsible for the outcome. She'd be another just a victim if it doesn't work out only she found out she was just as guilty by omission in reality. Sadly, their kids have a warped view of what a marriage should be. I see multiple divorces in their futures and the potential for abuse. Their daughter is, not surprisingly, attracted to domineering men who tend to knock her around if she doesn't please them. It's ok though. She says they only hit her when she deserves it. My heart breaks at the thought of my neice thinking she deserves to be hit because she didn't do whatever right.

Fun and games behind bedroom doors is one thing, modeling this as what marriage is for your kids, entirely another.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:15 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Playing is one thing. Living it every day another. My sister was in a realationship like this. Her life was pathetic. She, finally, got away from him but at great expense. She lost everything including her kids. When the slave doesn't want to be a slave anymore, all hell breaks loose.

I have been waiting to read your opinion on this. Thank you for sharing.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:16 PM

396 posts, read 732,695 times
Quote:

Wait, so because your sister got involved with a cretin... that automatically means others shouldn't engage in a Master/slave relationship?

Your sister wasn't "in a relationship like this"...your sister was in an abusive situation with an abusive man. It's like saying that a man who lies and says he's in an open marriage is somehow representative of men who actually ARE in open marriages. Just because some scum bag calls what they are doing by a certain name doesn't mean it actually IS that thing.

Last edited by Wingsy; 07-15-2010 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: fixed typo

Old 07-15-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Playing and having that lifestyle are 2 different things. I thought I made that pretty clear in my post, but I guess not.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:44 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:

When she was younger, my sister liked it because she felt she wasn't responsible. She thought that letting someone else make the decisions meant she was never responsible for the outcome. She'd be another just a victim if it doesn't work out only she found out she was just as guilty by omission in reality. Sadly, their kids have a warped view of what a marriage should be. I see multiple divorces in their futures and the potential for abuse. Their daughter is, not surprisingly, attracted to domineering men who tend to knock her around if she doesn't please them. It's ok though. She says they only hit her when she deserves it. My heart breaks at the thought of my neice thinking she deserves to be hit because she didn't do whatever right.

Fun and games behind bedroom doors is one thing, modeling this as what marriage is for your kids, entirely another.
This sums it up for me.

"Playing" in the bedroom - I can understand, and it is one thing.

Living a life like a dog, calling someone Master.. I am sorry, I just can not see how anyone can do that voluntarily.

You hear of people being abused and treated like dogs in prison - and people do this for fun ..

Old 07-15-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
MM, you really think that is possible in a situation like this?

Old 07-15-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
MM, you really think that is possible in a situation like this?
Yes.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Yes.
Ok, well I'll respect your thought on that. Obviously I disagree.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:58 PM

19,528 posts, read 9,546,813 times
I voted no because I don't think anyone should be a master or a slave to anybody.

Sometimes employees feel like that working for a company. If you mean it in that sense, maybe, but that would also be ethically wrong. Boss/Employee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships