Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Master/Slave relationships are ok?
Yes 42 47.73%
No 46 52.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:47 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
*lol*

I really appreciate you making me think about my relationship and not instantly condeming it even though you and I have differing views.

I actually think that being used as a foot rest or something similar is among the more tame things I do.
Honestly, I dont think we really have differing viewpoints, I'm not nearly as vanilla as you might think.....
Its more of an older womans (I cant believe I am saying that about myself, in my mind I feel 25, lol) concern for a younger woman.
Waiting for ottoman cancellations to come rolling in now....

Old 07-15-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
I highly doubt that. I don't think she could be more than one piece of furniture at any one time, so the house would look far too bare.

On the other hand, it might open a whole new market for rental furniture.
Hmmmm, that might be a whole new market to explore......
I'm glad everyone is being lighthearted about all this, for the most part....its keeping me distracted about what is going on the Gulf today.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:57 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:
I know that disclosing this may really fan any smoldering flames but we are indeed a mixed race couple.I am of English and Native American ancestry and my Master is of pure Korean decent.I never brought it up because I never thought anything of it.You love who you love.
I hope this doesn't become about race, has nothing to do with the thread, however, interestingly Korean women are a strong influence on their culture, not as submissive as one might think.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:06 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I just looked under your user name... too funny.

Vanilla is my favorite flavor and smel l.

It's lunchtime. I'm contemplating getting an ice cream cone, vanilla of course. It would melt in about 3 minutes though.

This is just getting comical now? Women footrests? I hope if I did that to someone, I'd come back with a peg leg.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:23 PM

The artist Allen Jones designed a very famous coffee table back in the 60's, it was a woman on all fours supporting a glass top.
He was a prime member of the Pop art movement, his colleagues were Warhol and Rauchenberg, just to name a couple....tried to find a pix, but my internet is acting up, due to the regular afternoon monsoon.

Last edited by kshe95girl; 07-15-2010 at 01:46 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 01:26 PM

396 posts, read 732,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I hope this doesn't become about race, has nothing to do with the thread, however, interestingly Korean women are a strong influence on their culture, not as submissive as one might think.
I think it comes up because in the US, most people automatically associate the words master and slave with the enslavement of blacks and the discrimination that still lingers today... and I've run into assumptions many times where people believe the BDSM has no black population, for example. Interestingly, one of the most respected people in our scene is an amazing woman named Viola Johnson. She is a black woman, a slave, and simply one of the most vibrant and incredible people you could ever wish to meet. I've known Vi for about 15 years... you know those rare people you meet who when they hug you, you feel like you've been enveloped in heaven itself? Yeah, Vi gives those kind of hugs. LOL

There's actually a rather good article from 2004 that might interest those curious about "race play" or racial undertones within the kink community. You can find it here.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The artist Allen Jones designed a very famous coffee table back in the 60's, it was a woman on all fours supporting a glass top.
He was a prime member of the Pop art movement, his colleagues were Warhol and Rauchenberg, just to name a couple....tried to find a pix, but my internet is acting up, do to the regular afternoon monsoon.
You mean these?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:42 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,941,290 times
Quote:
Due to some of the responses I received on my other thread I wanted to get a census on how the people on this forum feel about Master/Slave relationships.Do you think they are ok or do you look upon them with disgust?

[mod cut]
As I said in the previous thread, I think people who engage in them are often victims of sexual abuse in childhood or adolescence.

Even if that isn't the case, I think people who engage in these kinds of relationships have some serious emotional imbalances.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
You mean these?
Exactly! Thank you!
They auction for staggering sums. (I'm an art geek)

Old 07-15-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think people who engage in these kinds of relationships have some serious emotional imbalances.
Based on what? Why must they have some sort of emotional imbalance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships