Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 11:52 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,449 times

Advertisements

Postpone the wedding instead of pulling the ejection seat. Think about it for a while, then pull the lever if you can't reconcile it. The fact you guys waited almost 5 years kind of makes me think you dragged her along while you were making your decision.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Postpone the wedding instead of pulling the ejection seat. Think about it for a while, then pull the lever if you can't reconcile it. The fact you guys waited almost 5 years kind of makes me think you dragged her along while you were making your decision.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:20 PM

512 posts, read 1,435,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
....and you have a Phd?

Old 09-24-2010, 06:20 PM

519 posts, read 1,049,713 times
Hey did this guy get married yet??? (I'm too lazy to count the days) but I'm SURE the 2 week deadline must have passed by now.

Please update and let us know.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:03 AM

26 posts, read 66,673 times
hey sharpie,

i just read this whole thread and I must commend you on ur decisions to working it out when things get tough instead of completely turning your back and quitting... nowaways, ppl r so tempted to just quit, but ur making it work! congrats! if you stay positive, stay hopeful, and put in ur love to making it work, it will! i bet u guys will get to that place and have a wonderful life. u guys are a team, and will make great parents one day... im sure the both of u believe you will be great parents one day and that is someting to work towards, and enjoy one day. i think u had the classic example of getting 'cold feet' .. ppl argue over stupid things all the time - me and my fiance included! we argue over the stupidest things, but we are both maturing and realizing its pointless to argue, whatever and lets get over it! you have to reprogram your communication and the way you guys talk and treat each other... also, have more sex!!! it brings you guys closer together!! =)

Old 09-25-2010, 11:41 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
2 words : Big Mistake

Old 09-25-2010, 06:18 PM

519 posts, read 1,049,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole917 View Post
hey sharpie,

i just read this whole thread and i must commend you on ur decisions to working it out when things get tough instead of completely turning your back and quitting... Nowaways, ppl r so tempted to just quit, but ur making it work! Congrats! If you stay positive, stay hopeful, and put in ur love to making it work, it will! I bet u guys will get to that place and have a wonderful life. U guys are a team, and will make great parents one day... Im sure the both of u believe you will be great parents one day and that is someting to work towards, and enjoy one day. I think u had the classic example of getting 'cold feet' .. Ppl argue over stupid things all the time - me and my fiance included! We argue over the stupidest things, but we are both maturing and realizing its pointless to argue, whatever and lets get over it! You have to reprogram your communication and the way you guys talk and treat each other... Also, have more sex!!! It brings you guys closer together!! =)
^^ lol!

Old 09-25-2010, 06:35 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
Hey did this guy get married yet??? (I'm too lazy to count the days) but I'm SURE the 2 week deadline must have passed by now.

Please update and let us know.
It's been roughly 33 days since the first post.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:19 PM

6 posts, read 9,773 times
Default Same situation

hey sharpie, im in the exact same situation as you, 2 weeks to go and having serious doubts about getting married. The things is i'm with this girl for years and i've tried leaving her before but she always emotionally blackmailed me and said that ive ruined her life etc and then i always ended up taking her back after feeling sorry for her, only to feel the exact same way a few weeks later.
One day she said to me that she wouldnt go to my brothers wedding without a ring on her finger (engagement ring).
At the time i had a lot on my mind, i was working away from home, stressed over financial problems, as well as organising a stag and wedding stuff for my brother . I ended up buying her the engagement ring (mostly against my will) and she said we will announce our engagement after my brothers wedding.
After my brothers wedding i just couldn't even bring mySelf To get engaged , i packed my bags and moved out and told her this wasn't for me,
I then moved in with a friend who had a spare room and stayed there for 4 months while my girlfriend lived in the house that we both bought together.
All this happened last year and then last xmas ( XMAS EVE) i had to Go to my old houSe to pick up clotheS to go home to my family for the XmaS.
SHES FROM THE SAME HOME TOWN AS ME BUT AS OF THEN SHE STILL HADNT TOLD ANYBODY WE SPLIT, SHE WAS CRYING IN THE HOUSE AND SAID SHE WOULDNT BE GOING HOME FOR XMAS AND I THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO HARM HERSELF. I TOLD HER SHE HAD TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND GO HOME AND SEE HER FAMILY, SHE THEN SAID HER LIFE WAS OVER, THAT AGAIN IVE RUINED HER LIFE ETC.
SHE WAS SUCH A MESS AND IT WAS XMAS EVE AND ME BEING THE SOFT PRICK I GAVE IN AND GAVE HER THE ENGAGEMENT RING AND BEFORE I KNOW IT EVERYTHING IS ORGANISED.
I HATE MYSELF FOR NOT STANDING MY GROUND, WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS IN THIS SITUATION?

Old 10-06-2010, 04:33 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
The stories jive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.