Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 05:06 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times

Advertisements

There's not a man alive who hasn't thought of dozens of reasons to not get married the last 2 weeks. There is always a universal male "Oh Crap, is it too late to back out ?"

It's a lot like being a kid and having your father say you're getting it when you get home. The hours or days of anticipation is much worse then the event.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There's not a man alive who hasn't thought of dozens of reasons to not get married the last 2 weeks. There is always a universal male "Oh Crap, is it too late to back out ?"
Really? I don't think so.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Really? I don't think so.
Here Sierra I have to disagree. They may not say it, they may be truly in love and look forward to the marriage but deep inside there is this little voice.

I guess I do need to qualify this applies to mainly 1st timers. I'm sure my buddy who's been married 8 times can recite the words by memory while at the McDonald's drive through.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
I guess I do need to qualify this applies to mainly 1st timers.
Perhaps this explains it. My marital experience has always been with second-hand goods, which is one of the reasons I got so obsessed with this new construction I sank my money into. Repeat offenders don't seem to have such a problem - maybe because they already know it doesn't have to be forever.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:45 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:

It's a lot like being a kid and having your father say you're getting it when you get home. The hours or days of anticipation is much worse then the event.
I can't imagine my husband fitting into this group. Since it took him a long time to get me to walk down the aisle, it wouldn't make sense. If he had his way we would have married within the first year we started dating. I could be wrong, but some guys just seem to know. Of course, the many CD members that know my husband better than me would relay that he would never share his inner thoughts, but as best as I can tell, roughly a decade later little has changed with him.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 09-06-2010 at 06:41 PM..

Old 09-06-2010, 05:48 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:

My husband just said "bullsh**".

Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post

Mine too - but love ya anyway Rakin!

Old 09-06-2010, 05:58 PM

17,636 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I can't imagine my husband fitting into this group. Since it took him a long time to get me to walk down the isle, it wouldn't make sense. If he had his way we would have married within the first year we started dating. I could be wrong, but some guys just seem to know. Of course, the many CD members that know my husband better than me would relay that he would never share his inner thoughts, but as best as I can tell, roughly a decade later little has changed with him.

aisle,

darlin'

Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I can't imagine my husband fitting into this group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Mine too - but love ya anyway Rakin!
I hear ya ladies, but tonight ask him seriously if the day of the wedding that little voice didn't ask "You know this is forever and are you sure this is the right woman ?" Usually we tell that voice to shut the heck up, put on our pants and get married to the woman of our dreams.

It's a common guy self doubt, but we get over it.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
I hear ya ladies, but tonight ask him seriously if the day of the wedding that little voice didn't ask "You know this is forever and are you sure this is the right woman ?" Usually we tell that voice to shut the heck up, put on our pants and get married to the woman of our dreams.

It's a common guy self doubt, but we get over it.

I believe it happens, but not nearly to the extent you indicated by saying "there's not a man alive who hasn't had doubts". THAT is simply not true.

My husband could not wait to marry me and basically swam thru alligator infested waters to do so (figuratively speaking of course ) There was not a doubt in his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships