Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 09:22 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,255,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You clearly haven't read the thread, have ya?!
Not the whole thing...I admit...is it my turn to insert foot in mouth??

Old 09-06-2010, 09:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Not the whole thing...I admit...is it my turn to insert foot in mouth??
Well, we don't know for sure, but we're pretty certain they're on their honeymoon!

Old 09-06-2010, 09:34 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,255,736 times
Quote:
Well, we don't know for sure, but we're pretty certain they're on their honeymoon!
Haha! Ooops!

Old 09-06-2010, 09:47 PM

48 posts, read 192,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
together for 4.5 years, and live together.
it's 2 weeks before the wedding. we have guests coming from out of country, and the west coast.
i'm thinking of calling it off and breaking up all together. i feel like it's not the right match personality wise, and although we've been together for this long, i just now have realized how difficult my life will be with her if we get married.

i'm at work right now, and can think of nothing but this. i don't know what to do. my head is about to explode.

Sharpie1234, please pray on this before you make any decision about your marriage. After this period if you still believe that she's not the woman for you, please give her the courtesy to tell her face-to-face that of your feelings. Do not marry her because of what you will do to her or about the out-of-town guest coming to the wedding. That's not important. What is important is avoiding a future inevitable divorce. Do your fiance a break and tell her. Good luck to you.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:07 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Thread dates: They matter.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
And here you are today as well - for about a year already and a few reps short of a star!
LOL, exactly! That's what's so funny (pathetic) about it. And I really don't want that star. I'm afraid of what it really stands for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I called off an engagement one month prior to our wedding and it was the best thing that I ever did for myself and probably for him.

The marriage seemed like the "proper" thing to do, the next logical step, the route that was expected of us but I was unhappy and had many reasons not to trust him and clearly he was not happy with me if he acted the way he did. We did not share the same long term goals...he thought I lived in an Utopian world and was too idealistic...I thought he was too jaded and had developed a hard shell around him...

He is on his second marriage and I am happily married to a wonderful man, so I guess it all worked out the way it was intended.

Don't worry about the guests, the caterer, the photographer or returning the gifts...those are technicalities...your happiness isn't!
Yeah, I can (or at least try to) imagine how terrifying it must be to consider calling off the whole wedding, but it would REALLY be the best thing, rather than divorcing later.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, exactly! That's what's so funny (pathetic) about it. And I really don't want that star. I'm afraid of what it really stands for.
It stands for a loooooot of wasted time! I'm on my 4th year here - it's scary!

Old 09-06-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Btw, Chow, I really think Grassie only sticks around in order to keep an eye on ya!

LOL, OMG, sierra, you're like a bulldog! Okay, yes, if it pleases you, I ONLY hang around here because I'm terrified Chow is going to leave me for you. It's been preying on my mind for -- (hmm, how many months have I been here? *calculates...*) -- anyway, please, PLEASE don't take my man away from me. He likes older women and I'm just not -- DAMMIT -- old enough to please him! **sobs uncontrollably **

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 09-06-2010 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: duplicate duplicate word

Old 09-06-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, OMG, sierra, you're like a bulldog! Okay, yes, if it pleases you, I ONLY hang around here because I'm terrified Chow is going to leave me for you. It's been preying on my my mind for -- (hmm, how many months have I been here? *calculates...*) -- anyway, please, PLEASE don't take my man away from me. He likes older women and I'm just not -- DAMMIT -- old enough to please him! **sobs uncontrollably **
See? It wasn't that hard! An admitted sin is half sin!

Btw, I thought a year sounded wrong. It's been almost 2 years for you. Guess my thinking is still stuck in '09 and it's getting close to the end of 2010!

Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
See? It wasn't that hard! An admitted sin is half sin!

Btw, I thought a year sounded wrong. It's been almost 2 years for you. Guess my thinking is still stuck in '09 and it's getting close to the end of 2010!
Hehe, yes, I noticed that right away, but I wasn't about to correct you. It's been about 2 years. Again, I don't want to ADMIT that. *grumbles*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships