Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:17 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,959 times

Advertisements

Dude, seriously look at your surroundings. If you're in some place where stupid middle-school tactics like "game" is the only way to get a woman's attention (lower-middle class suburb, a hip and trendy "nightclub/lounge" city, da hood), then gtfo of that place. Not everywhere is the same and not all women are attracted to one kind of guy. Try more down to earth places like the Midwest. Try blue collar places where the population isnt mostly trailer trash. Try solidly middle class areas where personality and potential are at least as important as money. Or even try another country where the 2000s America rules of dating don't apply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 06:46 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertwiz View Post
Overall, I guess I should just accept that since I lack any game whatsoever and all women will only accept the first impression, I just will have no one in my life whatsoever and accept lifelong celibacy.

Indeed, you should. You've made up your mind about what women do and don't want, what they will and will not accept, and you've surmised that you are doomed to loneliness and celibacy.

I admire nothing so much as sticktuitiveness. You keep fighting that good fight, STAY single and celibate, DON'T let those women beguile you or sway your determination and resolve, don't let them change your mind. You GO, boy! You GO! W00T!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 09:28 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,185 times
Oh man...the OP analyzed the friend zone WAY too much here, it's relatively straightforward:

If a woman tells you she doesn't want to ruin the friendship by dating you, the following scenarios are possible in order of most likely:

1. She is not attracted to you, plain and simple
2. She can get all the benefits of a relationship from you already without having to return the favor (i.e. returned emotional support, reliability, good listening, you have a car and drive her, and most importantly she does not have to sleep with you for any of these things).
3. She likes someone else a lot at the moment. I've found if women are fixed on another dude, it's hard to distract that vision
4. She doesn't realize your value

I don't mind becoming friends with women, because sometimes they get drunk and want to hook up with you, or they decide after knowing you for a long time that you are a great dude that's always treated her well and she's willing to give you a shot once she realizes she's not a beauty queen anymore, she is aging, and that her clock to have children is ticking.

Here's a story about one of my best friends, we'll call her Diana: Diana and I didn't get along in HS, she actually egged my car and I was a jerk to her (eventhough secretly I really thought she was attractive). We didn't speak the last couple years of HS, ended up going to the same small college together. Met her again at college at a party, ended up becoming really good friends. Diana had a long term boyfriend the first 2 years who was a big loser. They broke up, and Diana took advantage of her newfound freedom and slept with at least 20 guys in 2 years (that I know about, potentially more than that). I moved to Chicago after graduation, Diana drops out of school and lives with her sister in Minnesota. Still staying close friends, Diana vists me some, I visit her some....then I get a late night phone call. "What would you say if I came to Chicago, could I maybe stay with you for a while?" I'm confused about it and this is out of nowhere. Diana: "What do you think about us? Have you ever thought of us as more than friends?" Diana knows I have, because I tried to talk to her about this years ago in college, but gave up after she blew me off a few times to sleep around with more guys. I told Diana that I valued her as a friend and I didn't think it would work out with us.

Why did I tell a girl I've cared for and liked since High School and know everything about that I wouldn't date her? Because she only wanted me now that she's washed up. She's my friend, I love her to death, but I'm not some tool that gets blown off and knows about all the dudes you hook up with (half of which I knew because SHE would tell me about it), and then when you realize that they were all jerks that you decide to actually take a look at a great guy that's been there most of your adult life? No friggin way am I touching her without clothes on. I passed. Diana got knocked up by a random guy last winter, doesn't know how she can support the child now. That's too bad.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:02 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Oh man...the OP analyzed the friend zone WAY too much here, it's relatively straightforward:

If a woman tells you she doesn't want to ruin the friendship by dating you, the following scenarios are possible in order of most likely:

1. She is not attracted to you, plain and simple
2. She can get all the benefits of a relationship from you already without having to return the favor (i.e. returned emotional support, reliability, good listening, you have a car and drive her, and most importantly she does not have to sleep with you for any of these things).
3. She likes someone else a lot at the moment. I've found if women are fixed on another dude, it's hard to distract that vision
4. She doesn't realize your value

I don't mind becoming friends with women, because sometimes they get drunk and want to hook up with you, or they decide after knowing you for a long time that you are a great dude that's always treated her well and she's willing to give you a shot once she realizes she's not a beauty queen anymore, she is aging, and that her clock to have children is ticking.

Here's a story about one of my best friends, we'll call her Diana: Diana and I didn't get along in HS, she actually egged my car and I was a jerk to her (eventhough secretly I really thought she was attractive). We didn't speak the last couple years of HS, ended up going to the same small college together. Met her again at college at a party, ended up becoming really good friends. Diana had a long term boyfriend the first 2 years who was a big loser. They broke up, and Diana took advantage of her newfound freedom and slept with at least 20 guys in 2 years (that I know about, potentially more than that). I moved to Chicago after graduation, Diana drops out of school and lives with her sister in Minnesota. Still staying close friends, Diana vists me some, I visit her some....then I get a late night phone call. "What would you say if I came to Chicago, could I maybe stay with you for a while?" I'm confused about it and this is out of nowhere. Diana: "What do you think about us? Have you ever thought of us as more than friends?" Diana knows I have, because I tried to talk to her about this years ago in college, but gave up after she blew me off a few times to sleep around with more guys. I told Diana that I valued her as a friend and I didn't think it would work out with us.

Why did I tell a girl I've cared for and liked since High School and know everything about that I wouldn't date her? Because she only wanted me now that she's washed up. She's my friend, I love her to death, but I'm not some tool that gets blown off and knows about all the dudes you hook up with (half of which I knew because SHE would tell me about it), and then when you realize that they were all jerks that you decide to actually take a look at a great guy that's been there most of your adult life? No friggin way am I touching her without clothes on. I passed. Diana got knocked up by a random guy last winter, doesn't know how she can support the child now. That's too bad.

Politically incorrect, but far from unheard of.

Kudos for knowing the score and playing your hand well.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:39 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertwiz View Post
Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
The old ways are dead and buried, you have feminists to thank for that. Only thing left to do is accept the reality in which we live and figure out how to succeed. In other words it's time to learn Game. Otherwise you'll be unfulfilled and lonely waiting to hit the lottery and have the rare gem fall inot your lap. The odds of finding an old school woman without the problems plaguing today's westerized women are so exceedingly rare these days it's not worth the wait IMO.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:10 AM

41 posts, read 130,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
The old ways are dead and buried, you have feminists to thank for that. Only thing left to do is accept the reality in which we live and figure out how to succeed. In other words it's time to learn Game. Otherwise you'll be unfulfilled and lonely waiting to hit the lottery and have the rare gem fall inot your lap. The odds of finding an old school woman without the problems plaguing today's westerized women are so exceedingly rare these days it's not worth the wait IMO.
Are some subgroups of women worse than others in terms of having the ideology:

Only people who impress me instantly via game are worthy, anyone else no matter how inherently great not worthy.

Do you understand how the rule that requires men to impress a woman in less than thirty seconds hurts worse off men such as the "Good Will Hunting" type genuis who works as a janitor.

I have seen on Millionaire Matchmaker that even men who are worth millions
( Mostly eccentric tech guys) can't seem to get women without help since they are not caddish enough.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:36 PM

41 posts, read 130,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Dude, seriously look at your surroundings. If you're in some place where stupid middle-school tactics like "game" is the only way to get a woman's attention (lower-middle class suburb, a hip and trendy "nightclub/lounge" city, da hood), then gtfo of that place. Not everywhere is the same and not all women are attracted to one kind of guy. Try more down to earth places like the Midwest. Try blue collar places where the population isnt mostly trailer trash. Try solidly middle class areas where personality and potential are at least as important as money. Or even try another country where the 2000s America rules of dating don't apply
For the record, I live in Manhattan, New York City. I was lucky to get an apartment rent stabilized before the big yuppiefication over the past ten years. In Manhattan, you truly have to have game whether you are a upper east side investment banker or a Mcdonald's worker from the projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships