Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 09:43 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,607,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asexualgirl View Post
Yes I certainly am!!!
Wait, wait, you're asexual?! That's frickin cool. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 09:52 AM

839 posts, read 2,422,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Sex is everything to me. I am in my 20's and am a man. I take care of my body. When I am at the gym, I think about sex as motivation for that next rep. Sex is in my blood, it is in my veins. I was born to have sex (without a condom) and have lots of kids. That is a man's role at its most basic and raw level.

If you can't appreciate sex then you are out of touch, out of shape, or out of your mind!
I was much the same way when I was your age. Sex was the end all, be all of human existence. There was nothing more important in this world. I used to love that hormonal rush, that moment when my di*k would completely shut my brain off. That was the best.....

Now, at my age, I still love sex of course. I mean, I am a man after all, but it doesn't bother me too much if I don't get it for awhile. Being the age I am now, it's more about quality rather than quantity. What would satisfy me as a young man is, well, pretty boring now.

I guess I'm just too old for boring uninteresting sex. I thrive on inspired, creative (read: kinky) sex now. I have become a dirty old man!

Old 01-29-2011, 10:01 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,149,273 times
I don't really care for sex all that much and after a while it just gets boring. But I will still do it everyone once and a while.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:23 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,412,154 times
"If you can't appreciate sex then you are out of touch, out of shape, or out of your mind!"

LOL! I agree with the part about being out of shape. So many people I know get fat and then somehow lose touch with themselves and become inhibited about sex or showing their bodies. I have no understanding of this. My husband is 47 and has the body of a muscular 21 year old. He works out 2 hours a day and has a better body now than when he was a teenager, when I met him.

For those of you struggling with your libido, start doing cardio and strength training. The better you look, the better you will feel about yourself.

Sex is important. I can't imagine living in a sexless marriage, it would kill something inside of me.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:53 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,018,164 times
Sex is VERY important. It's the glue that keeps a marriage/relationship together. It keeps the intimacy alive. No sex = platonic relationship = cheating or break up.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:12 PM

61 posts, read 92,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
Sex is VERY important. It's the glue that keeps a marriage/relationship together. It keeps the intimacy alive. No sex = platonic relationship = cheating or break up.
I have to say I kind of agree with this. My profile says I'm single... because, well, I am. As in, not legally married (and never have been). And my status, the one that says "Poised on the edge"? Yeah... because I'm poised on the edge of leaving a 10+ year relationship. Want to know why?

BECAUSE I'M FRICKIN' TIRED OF BEING FRICKIN' CELIBATE!

Whew. Okay. I feel better. Move along... there's nothing to see here.

Oh, wait... you're still reading? Okay, well, yeah, there was a time in my life when I didn't think sex was all that important to me. What the hell was I thinking?

Old 01-29-2011, 09:46 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,412,154 times
"No sex = platonic relationship = cheating or break up."

Not true in all cases. I've known a fair amount of married people who live in virtually sexless marriages because of health or emotional issues and neither cheat. Several of my female friends have husbands who suffer from low testosterone and the men have almost no sex drive. They are frustrated but do NOT cheat and would not do so. Conversely, I've known male colleagues married to women with no sex drive. They ***** and complain about their lack of sex, but don't stray.

Millions of people are stuck in sexless marriages and don't cheat. Whether it's because they don't have the opportunity or don't believe in it, they nevertheless don't cheat.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:59 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,400,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Sex is everything to me. I am in my 20's and am a man. I take care of my body. When I am at the gym, I think about sex as motivation for that next rep. Sex is in my blood, it is in my veins. I was born to have sex (without a condom) and have lots of kids. That is a man's role at its most basic and raw level.

If you can't appreciate sex then you are out of touch, out of shape, or out of your mind!
Or too stupid to be duped by pop culture, or too silly to fathom that others have different goals out of life.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:39 AM

530 posts, read 781,554 times
I accuse my hubby of false advertisement occasionally. I told him the truth before we got married: I am a sex hound I get cranky if I am not getting any, he seemed thrilled with this but now sadly, although he is a wonderful husband in every other way our sex life has went to almost nothing. Don't know why when I ask him about it he gets upset and says he feels like a failure b/c he can't please his wife and he may need to go to the doc but never has....grrrrr. I know this will make me sound horrible but I sometimes wish I had a very special friend........won't happen though. So yes it is very important to me.

Last edited by moonlitwishes; 01-30-2011 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-30-2011, 08:03 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,883,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
I accuse my hubby of false advertisement occasionally. I told him the truth before we got married: I am a sex hound I get cranky if I am not getting any, he seemed thrilled with this but now sadly, although he is a wonderful husband in every other way our sex life has went to almost nothing. Don't know why when I ask him about it he gets upset and says he feels like a failure b/c he can't please his wife and he may need to go to the doc but never has....grrrrr. I know this will make me sound horrible but I sometimes wish I had a very special friend........won't happen though. So yes it is very important to me.

2 questions...one being have you considered therapy with him? And 2 if you are that unhappy sexually why stay with him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships