Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 08:50 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,016,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeChick View Post
I have to say I kind of agree with this. My profile says I'm single... because, well, I am. As in, not legally married (and never have been). And my status, the one that says "Poised on the edge"? Yeah... because I'm poised on the edge of leaving a 10+ year relationship. Want to know why?

BECAUSE I'M FRICKIN' TIRED OF BEING FRICKIN' CELIBATE!

Whew. Okay. I feel better. Move along... there's nothing to see here.

Oh, wait... you're still reading? Okay, well, yeah, there was a time in my life when I didn't think sex was all that important to me. What the hell was I thinking?
You have been living with a roommate for the past 10 years. Maybe it's time to venture out and START LIVING again. Give yourself a chance to find someone who is on the same wave length as you. Bring a VIBRANT sex life back into your life....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 04:59 PM

530 posts, read 781,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
2 questions...one being have you considered therapy with him? And 2 if you are that unhappy sexually why stay with him?
I have thought about therapy, he is not too keen on the idea but I think he would come around if this persists. To the second question, I love him he is absolutely wonderful to me in every other way, so I am very much hoping this is a "bump in the road". For now I am giving all that pent up energy to the gym and keeping duracell in buisness. lol

Old 01-30-2011, 05:08 PM

61 posts, read 92,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
You have been living with a roommate for the past 10 years. Maybe it's time to venture out and START LIVING again. Give yourself a chance to find someone who is on the same wave length as you. Bring a VIBRANT sex life back into your life....
Oh, I know. That's exactly what I'm planning. It will take several months to carry out (well, unless that next lottery ticket I buy wins me a big jackpot) but yeah, I'm done with the whole roommate thing.

I mean, sometimes I'm a little scared that, hey, could I be throwing away a secure thing? He's a decent person and all that, and he doesn't cheat, doesn't lie, etc. and has even helped to support me when I've not been working (stupid economy) and helped me take care of my father who has Alzheimer's (and has recently had to go into a nursing home but until late 2010 lived with us for 4 years and we cared for him). But the reality is that I need things I'm not getting from this relationship and probably would have left 2 or 3 years ago or more if it weren't for needing to focus on my Dad and everything.

So now I'm working on a career change that will hopefully allow me to break free and be better off, and to do so while being able to at least give back to the guy I've been with something in exchange for what he's given me, because it hasn't been a complete zero. I want to leave with a clear conscience. But yeah. I'm going. I've given myself until August - my birthday is then - to get it together and then after my birthday, I plan to make a break for it.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:13 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,004,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeChick View Post
I have to say I kind of agree with this. My profile says I'm single... because, well, I am. As in, not legally married (and never have been). And my status, the one that says "Poised on the edge"? Yeah... because I'm poised on the edge of leaving a 10+ year relationship. Want to know why?

BECAUSE I'M FRICKIN' TIRED OF BEING FRICKIN' CELIBATE!

Whew. Okay. I feel better. Move along... there's nothing to see here.

Oh, wait... you're still reading? Okay, well, yeah, there was a time in my life when I didn't think sex was all that important to me. What the hell was I thinking?
Ohhh... Another candidate, like my ex-wife? She's now spending the rest of her life in a nursing home, confined to a wheel chair after the surgery. It's called "VAGINAL ATROPHY". In her case, it got worse over time until the blood vessels collapsed and it became vaginal gangrene. (Go ahead, ladies, and double check me. By all means, do the research and look it up, if you think I'm joking.) It comes from lack of use when a woman gets older. And, just about every woman there is gets to enjoy it to one degree or another after about age 50.

My ex put an end to sex after our daughter was born, at about age 30, and look what that got her... A wheel chair. Use it or lose it. Oh, yeah... I've got a few too many years of being celibate too. Tends to give a guy a really baaaadddd attitude too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships