Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 11:13 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSB13 View Post
Doing this would make him look like a tool after she just rejected his relationship offer.
Turns out she made the right choice in doing so, since he can't be bothered to help her out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 11:16 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Yeah, any guy who wants to get more regular sex will ask for one of those. That isn't an indication that he values her.
I didn't see sex mentioned on this thread. Maybe it's only about sex for you, but since the OP didn't bring it up I'd assume she and the man in question feel differently.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:22 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,165,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Perhaps I'm getting too hung up on the medicine issue.
Perhaps you are.

If she was in such terrible agony and couldn't leave her bed and was coughing her brains out on the phone, then yeah, I might feel bad and think that she really needs someone to do this for her and I may do it.

However, she was able to get out of bed and go get the medicine herself, which she did. She merely was looking for him to do something for her so she could "test" his level of desire for her as if asking for a relationship with her wasn't enough already.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:22 AM

499 posts, read 892,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I think it's a lot to expect so much from someone you hardly know and only met a few weeks ago. No, after being told to back up, I would be emotionally protective of myself too. She wants everything both ways and on her terms. I don't think a lot of these posts take into consideration the position this man or boy is in ...I wouldn't go out on a limb and dump my plans to be an errand girl for someone who told me to back off as that says you obviously don't need me right now, but .... But she wants to pick and choose what segments in her life he's suppose to come jumping in wthout question and which segments are off limits. That is confusing and very unfair.

My English level doesn't let me understand all of your sentences

btw, i would go and give medicine to "any" of my friends. Because somebody is ill and needs me.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I didn't see sex mentioned on this thread. Maybe it's only about sex for you, but since the OP didn't bring it up I'd assume she and the man in question feel differently.
It's a given.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:59 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
She might have other friends--but the point is that if this guy wants to show he VALUES her, he would have stopped and got the medicine for her. Win himself some points. It's not like she's asking him to stay with her and be miserable with her, just stop in for five minutes (or less). Win himself some points. If he can't be bothered to do that, then why should she pursue a relationship with him?
Why is she testing his affection for her? Especially since she already told him that she wasn't ready to get serious about their relationship. How would you like being tested like that by a potential girlfriend? I think not, since you are so much into doing your own thing and not spending money on dates.

But after he failed this devotion test, why didn't she ask another friend to get her some medicine? Why would she risk getting sicker by going out for the medicine herself? Why the pity party and setting up a situation of hoping to make him feel guilty about not being there for him?

Old 02-07-2011, 12:39 PM

85 posts, read 171,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I agree with Thursday and the others who said that it's not fair to expect the guy to act like a boyfriend when you told him he isn't. Yes, it would have been nice for him to bring you medicine, and yes, from what you've said the two of you might not be compatible anyway. But we don't know how sick you really were or whether he thought you were being overdramatic and testing him. What I want to know is ... how far away does this guy live? And does he have a car? I wouldn't have thought to ask the latter, but you don't seem to (walking in the cold) so who knows.
He lives 8 miles away from me, and yes he does have a car. All my close friends live far away from here and some were out of town - that's why I thought it was easier to ask him.

I never said I didn't want to be serious with him, ever. I simply said I need more time. He had stomach problems last week, I offered to visit him. His dog died last week and he was sad for several days - I barely know him, of course I don't care about his dog. But I listened to him talking and complaining about the death of his dog for hours every day. I thought I was being nice to him when he needed someone, why can't I expect the same?

Old 02-07-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Why is she testing his affection for her? Especially since she already told him that she wasn't ready to get serious about their relationship. How would you like being tested like that by a potential girlfriend? I think not, since you are so much into doing your own thing and not spending money on dates.

But after he failed this devotion test, why didn't she ask another friend to get her some medicine? Why would she risk getting sicker by going out for the medicine herself? Why the pity party and setting up a situation of hoping to make him feel guilty about not being there for him?

Because that's how you find out if a person is worth having a relationship with. I've been tested before, doesn't bother me any.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:49 PM

85 posts, read 171,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You sound like a drama queen to me -- "Boo hoo, I had to walk in the cold by myself, pity me." Don't you have a friend or family member to help you out? Nobody likes you well enough to extend a helping hand? Someone you are barely dating is the only person you can relay on for a little help? If that is the case, it's the biggest problem you have going right now.

This guy should run like the wind - you are way too needy.
I moved here for school - so no I don't have any family members here. I have friends but I live in the suburb of the city so I really don't have any friends live close by, except for one and he was out of town.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:56 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,977 times
If you have listened and been there for him about the death of his dog and his stomach problems and he refused to get you medicine, then I would move on. You don't want or need a one-sided relationship. You don't want to be doing all the giving and him all the taking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships