Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:56 PM

946 posts, read 2,919,179 times

Advertisements

It's not like she's just using him and leading him on...she actually does like him and needs more time to make sure she wants to be in a relationship with him. I would think that if this guy likes her as much as he says he does, the least he could do is be more compassionate and not so cold and tactless as he was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
So.... you don't want a serious relationship, but you want the benefits of an exclusive relationship?

I too probably would have told you you're on your own. And the next sh*t-test would be your last one.

I don't think asking for him to bring some medicine was out of line. Presumably he still cared enough to keep seeing her, even though she needed a little more time to be exclusive. He should have cared enough to at least help her out when she's sick. It's not like she asked him to come over and stay all night. His reaction says a lot.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
He didn't have to whine about wanting to be with his herd of friends: which involves going out into the cold unless they live in a dorm.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,872,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
He sounds like a loser. He still hangs out with his group of friends? What is he 14? I'm sick of real life relationships looking like TV sitcom relationships.
...so after you're done with school and out in the real world with a career, you're supposed to stop having friends

Have you ever been to a sports bar before? Or any bar for that matter?

Old 02-06-2011, 10:00 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,872,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post

I don't think asking for him to bring some medicine was out of line. Presumably he still cared enough to keep seeing her, even though she needed a little more time to be exclusive. He should have cared enough to at least help her out when she's sick. It's not like she asked him to come over and stay all night. His reaction says a lot.
And so does hers.

I've been to a sports bar. It's really pathetic to see a bunch of adult men pontificating about sports as if it were current events or something that really mattered.

I've partied at bars before and it's really fun. But the mentality of the drunken crowd is pretty pathetic, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
...so after you're done with school and out in the real world with a career, you're supposed to stop having friends

Have you ever been to a sports bar before? Or any bar for that matter?

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post

Play it how you like. But the way I see it either we're serious and I'll periodically drop my plans for you, or we're not and I won't.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:01 PM

724 posts, read 1,686,357 times
Talk about NOT stepping up to the plate. He wants to date you but left you to walk in the cold when you were sick. Maybe he just didn't get the importance of what you needed, but this is really dicey behavior. Had he pulled through for you, he should have gotten major points. I wouldn't drop him over this, but I would explain to him that if he wants to date you then this is part of it. If he doesn't get it, drop him because you don't want to be in a relationship with someone who will leave you high and dry when you need that person.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 PM

The guy is a moron. That is obvious. He announced that he wanted a serious relationship and then whines about wanting to be with his herd of friends? That is pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
Talk about NOT stepping up to the plate. He wants to date you but left you to walk in the cold when you were sick. Maybe he just didn't get the importance of what you needed, but this is really dicey behavior. Had he pulled through for you, he should have gotten major points. I wouldn't drop him over this, but I would explain to him that if he wants to date you then this is part of it. If he doesn't get it, drop him because you don't want to be in a relationship with someone who will leave you high and dry when you need that person.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,593,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Yes.

Especially after you just told him you "need more time" for things to become "serious."

Sorry, but if you've been seeing a guy in a less serious way, he decides to pose that he'd like to define the relationship and be exclusive, and then you rebuke him, it's somewhat selfish and unfair for you to then expect that he'll still drop plans that he'd already made because you don't feel like going outside because you feel icky. After all, you're not serious or exclusive. That means that you're bascially dating. I may offer to drop medicine off, but I probably wouldn't feel inclined to hang out over there that long, either.

May not be the cuddly way to look at it, but I'm just being honest here!
I agree with this. Personally, I wouldn't outright ask a guy to bring me medicine if I'd only been seeing him for a short while and had told him I wasn't sure where I wanted our relationship to go.

The comment about his friends - eh, maybe not the brightest thing to say. But I can certainly understand his being hesitant to come over, given the circumstances of the relationship (or lack thereof).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships