Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:06 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
And so does hers.
\

Nope, there's nothing wrong with her reaction. It doesn't sound like she asked him to stay with her all night. If you care enough about someone to want a relationship with them, you will get them some medicine when they are sick, especially after telling her "I wish I could make you feel better." To make someone you "care about" walk to the store when they are sick just so you can have more time with your friends is pretty selfish. Never mind how difficult it must have been for her, what about all the other people exposed to whatever it was she was sick with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Play it how you like. But the way I see it either we're serious and I'll periodically drop my plans for you, or we're not and I won't.
Going to the drugstore to buy some medicine doesn't require a full dropping of plans.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:08 PM

19,724 posts, read 20,264,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
He wants to date you but left you to walk in the cold when you were sick. Maybe he just didn't get the importance of what you needed, but this is really dicey behavior.
Was the cold walk to the store a way of sticking it to him for not coming thru?!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Was the cold walk to the store a way of sticking it to him for not coming thru?!

Seems to me the cold walk to the store would be because she was sick and needed some medicine.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:12 PM

19,724 posts, read 20,264,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post

Seems to me the cold walk to the store would be because she was sick and needed some medicine.
Did the guy know she'd be walking to store is what I'm saying...

Old 02-06-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Did the guy know she'd be walking to store is what I'm saying...
If he had half a brain, he should have been able to figure out if he couldn't or wouldn't go, she would have to.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
Talk about mixed messages from the man. I guess he was just in heat and wanted some box.

Quote:
Going to the drugstore to buy some medicine doesn't require a full dropping of plans.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
I don't care what it is. If we're not serious, my friends come first. If you expect it any other way, then we have irreconcilable differences.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I don't care what it is. If we're not serious, my friends come first. If you expect it any other way, then we have irreconcilable differences.
Better to find out that you're a jerk before we're serious, then.

Seriously, am I the only one who would go get some damn medicine for someone who is sick???

Old 02-06-2011, 10:17 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,028,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami*imA View Post
I've been seeing this guy for just several weeks, everything has been fine and we see each other almost every other day. He said he wants a serious exclusive relationship and I told him I need more time (and I explained it's not like I want to date other guys, I just want to see if we're compatible before I make a decision).

So today when we were talking on the phone, I told him I'm sick and my body temp is high. He first said "oh I wish I could make you feel better." Then I asked "can you come over here for a little bit and bring me some medicine?" He responded:" but I don't want to get sick. and I told my friends I'm going to hang out with them." Then I had to walk in the cold myself to go to the drug store....

Is it unreasonable for me to be upset with his reaction? Now I'm more scared of entering into a relationship with him, because I don't expect my bf to run away when I need him
I think you are being unreasonable. Yes, he could've talked to you in a more sensitive way but the fact is that you've only been seeing him for a few weeks and won't make up your mind on if you want to go to the next level or not. Also, you might be contagious so why would you want to possibly pass your illness on to him? To me that is selfish. I won't even kiss my husband while I'm sick out of courtesy. He hates it but I care enough about him to want for him to stay healthy. I think you are overreacting, imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships