Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you want your man to react in this situation?
Gives him an evil look, thats as far as it goes, then you both leave 19 27.14%
He gives him a verbal spray, then you both leave 31 44.29%
He gives him a verbal spray + threatens him if he does it ever again, then you leave 9 12.86%
Tells him to come outside and settle the problem with a fight 11 15.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:56 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,439,718 times

Advertisements

why less people choose last one: Tells him to come outside and settle the problem with a fight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 05:01 AM

499 posts, read 892,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinking View Post
why less people choose last one: Tells him to come outside and settle the problem with a fight

not everybody likes dominant men but i'm the first one who voted for that

Old 02-20-2011, 12:11 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,116,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoowhoo View Post
not everybody likes dominant men but i'm the first one who voted for that
Going outside to fight is not a dominant trait. Dominance does not equal violent or aggressive or stupid. Dominance is about being assertive and considerate of the person you are with.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:24 PM

499 posts, read 892,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Going outside to fight is not a dominant trait. Dominance does not equal violent or aggressive or stupid. Dominance is about being assertive and considerate of the person you are with.
i hate stupid fights. and i also denoted that i don't want him to go outside and fight. i just want him to strike once because some perverts deserve this. if i had enough power,i would strike him before my boyfriend does i'm not "stupid" and nobody can touch me if we don't do this, this maniac will do this again and again. he needs a punishment and i LOVE to be patronized.Striking may be a wrong behaviour but i LOVE to feel that my boyfriend overreacts to people who hurt me. And this is not America

Old 02-20-2011, 08:15 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
I've been in similar situations and each time they had a different outcome.

Last year we were at a crowded NYC restaurant/bar (STK for locals) where a guy waited for my husband to leave, he approached me, had some questions, he was polite enough so I answered him (I have no reason to be mean to people unless they're inappropriate right away) and the next thing I knew he had grabbed my face and kissed me. The guy took off before I even knew what happened. I looked up to see my husband's face at the bar and he was pissed. Rightfully so. Unfortunately because of the crowd there was no way of him getting to me or finding the guy afterwards (not that there would be much to gain anyway.)

Another time my husband and I were walking through a club and I was leading the way (I knew where I was going, he didn't.) A guy leaned down to say something to me. My husband thought he said something rude/mean, so he gave the guy a hard shoulder in the chest (my husband is 5'10" and the guy had to be 6'5" or so.) What my husband didn't realize was that the guy was just paying me some compliments and the guy didn't realize I was with my husband (probably because of the height difference and it was crowded.) The guy apologized to my husband. The was the one and only time I've ever seen my husband get physical with someone in regards to me. It's also one of the reasons why I remember the situation so vividly.

Otherwise my husband just says "Move along" when he returns and they apologize and leave. Other than the dude kissing my face, I can't imagine a guy saying inappropriate or sexual things to me, let alone touching me.

But I am always shocked how guys wait for my husband to leave and then approach me. It was pretty common when we were dating, but I figured my rings would keep them at bay. I was wrong. Sometimes I don't know if I should take it as a compliment or take it as an insult.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I've been in similar situations and each time they had a different outcome.

Last year we were at a crowded NYC restaurant/bar (STK for locals) where a guy waited for my husband to leave, he approached me, had some questions, he was polite enough so I answered him (I have no reason to be mean to people unless they're inappropriate right away) and the next thing I knew he had grabbed my face and kissed me. The guy took off before I even knew what happened. I looked up to see my husband's face at the bar and he was pissed. Rightfully so. Unfortunately because of the crowd there was no way of him getting to me or finding the guy afterwards (not that there would be much to gain anyway.)

Another time my husband and I were walking through a club and I was leading the way (I knew where I was going, he didn't.) A guy leaned down to say something to me. My husband thought he said something rude/mean, so he gave the guy a hard shoulder in the chest (my husband is 5'10" and the guy had to be 6'5" or so.) What my husband didn't realize was that the guy was just paying me some compliments and the guy didn't realize I was with my husband (probably because of the height difference and it was crowded.) The guy apologized to my husband. The was the one and only time I've ever seen my husband get physical with someone in regards to me. It's also one of the reasons why I remember the situation so vividly.

Otherwise my husband just says "Move along" when he returns and they apologize and leave. Other than the dude kissing my face, I can't imagine a guy saying inappropriate or sexual things to me, let alone touching me.

But I am always shocked how guys wait for my husband to leave and then approach me. It was pretty common when we were dating, but I figured my rings would keep them at bay. I was wrong. Sometimes I don't know if I should take it as a compliment or take it as an insult.
It just happens sometimes. Like I said many posts back, some guys just like to see if they can get away with it. That guy kissing you would have made most men p*ssed. I think your hubby had every right to be. We aren't hotheads all the time, but dammit, leave your hands off my SO. I remember one time I was at the bar with my sister and some of her girl friends. She had to hit the ladies room so I followed as she was a bit snookered! lol Some guy before I could catch up to her grabbed her wrist. She yelled for me and told him to FO! He didn't, so I shin scraped his shin with my boot. The b*stard let go then and didn't want any more. Flirting is one thing but grabbing and not letting go is another thing all together.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:07 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Why the hell would I need my husband to do anything?

This is about me...it's not about HIM.

Funny how men are so quick to make things about them.

If some dude is being inappropriate, I will tell him to step off myself.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Why the hell would I need my husband to do anything?

This is about me...it's not about HIM.

Funny how men are so quick to make things about them.

If some dude is being inappropriate, I will tell him to step off myself.
We're just there in the shadow to make sure he DOES! That's my only gripe in this whole thread. When someone overpowers you or you NEED the help. I know if I was a gal and some guy was practically trying to feel me up or rape me, it would sure feel welcome for "your man" to come grab him off and twist his arm behind his back. Thank God!!

Old 02-21-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
It just happens sometimes. Like I said many posts back, some guys just like to see if they can get away with it. That guy kissing you would have made most men p*ssed. I think your hubby had every right to be. We aren't hotheads all the time, but dammit, leave your hands off my SO. I remember one time I was at the bar with my sister and some of her girl friends. She had to hit the ladies room so I followed as she was a bit snookered! lol Some guy before I could catch up to her grabbed her wrist. She yelled for me and told him to FO! He didn't, so I shin scraped his shin with my boot. The b*stard let go then and didn't want any more. Flirting is one thing but grabbing and not letting go is another thing all together.
Does anyone in this thread know what a shin scrape is? It hurts really-really BAD and I bet his shin looked like hamburger afterward. He let her go immediately with a whimper!

Old 02-21-2011, 12:31 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
An interesting thread, would be to reverse the roles. Most guys would love it if a hot, semi hot woman touched their leg, or made sexually explicit comments.....most women certainly wouldn't just a evil look when they found out, as many have voted. Ahhh the differences in gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships