Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you want your man to react in this situation?
Gives him an evil look, thats as far as it goes, then you both leave 19 27.14%
He gives him a verbal spray, then you both leave 31 44.29%
He gives him a verbal spray + threatens him if he does it ever again, then you leave 9 12.86%
Tells him to come outside and settle the problem with a fight 11 15.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 06:40 PM

164 posts, read 211,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Yes, you are touchy. Part of debating on a public forum is getting opinions different from your own.
As I said.. sorry if I sound rude. That's not my intention.
I was just trying to point out that the debate was between you and me... and had nothing to do with your BF or my GF. So let's not use them as arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 07:22 PM

343 posts, read 524,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
According to my wife this happens several times a day. My wife knows how to drive men away, she knows how to kill as well. I can leave her to defending off unwanted attention well enough.

If this is happening often too often the woman is putting off signals that welcome the advances.
What signals? Batting our eyelashes? Pulling down our tops?
Have you not ever seen an attractive woman merely sitting somewhere and approached her? Never once do I make eye contact or smile or anything that would constitute as flirting when with a man but men will approach nonetheless. All he has to do is see what he likes.

Dark Analyst:
"I see most women here... have the atitude "I can solve this on my own". Well, I kinda like the slightly less dominant women... that need and depends on the man a little more than that. Most women I have dated were like that... thank god. This beeing said... I have nothing against women that stick up for themselfs.... I have a lot of friends that are women and are quite dominant.... just NOT gf."

Then why were you complaining in your thread about your girlfriend not telling off the guy hitting on her in front of you? You were so disappointed in her behavior yet if you were 'the man', you should've smashed his face in. All talk no action? It's not the right thing to do but according to you it is, so why didn't you?

The second a guy gets a little too close or makes one disrespectful remark, he'll know not to mess with me. Women have to learn these things or become a victim as many predators will test you before they attack. Having lived in big cities taking public transport has taught me how to take care of myself and not be a wilting flower who can't go out in public without her man.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
What signals? Batting our eyelashes? Pulling down our tops?
Have you not ever seen an attractive woman merely sitting somewhere and approached her? Never once do I make eye contact or smile or anything that would constitute as flirting when with a man but men will approach nonetheless. All he has to do is see what he likes.

Dark Analyst:
"I see most women here... have the atitude "I can solve this on my own". Well, I kinda like the slightly less dominant women... that need and depends on the man a little more than that. Most women I have dated were like that... thank god. This beeing said... I have nothing against women that stick up for themselfs.... I have a lot of friends that are women and are quite dominant.... just NOT gf."

Then why were you complaining in your thread about your girlfriend not telling off the guy hitting on her in front of you? You were so disappointed in her behavior yet if you were 'the man', you should've smashed his face in. All talk no action? It's not the right thing to do but according to you it is, so why didn't you?

The second a guy gets a little too close or makes one disrespectful remark, he'll know not to mess with me. Women have to learn these things or become a victim as many predators will test you before they attack. Having lived in big cities taking public transport has taught me how to take care of myself and not be a wilting flower who can't go out in public without her man.
That was a different sitauation. I could not beat that guy... because at the time we were hiding the relationship from her brother(who was present). So basically I could not do anything... so I expected her to do something. Did you not read that threat????? This was clear there...

Old 02-17-2011, 07:52 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post

Third of all.... I see most women here... have the atitude "I can solve this on my own". Well, I kinda like the slightly less dominant women... that need and depends on the man a little more than that. Most women I have dated were like that... thank god. This beeing said... I have nothing against women that stick up for themselfs.... I have a lot of friends that are women and are quite dominant.... just NOT gf.
good for you.

there are plenty of men who like a woman who can speak for herself, make decisions in life and be a partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
In my opinion any women that is looking for a man that uses women methods... is not really looking for a MAN.. she is looking for a girl in a male body.
well, there is your warped idea.... and the alternative that she is looking for an equal.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
good for you.

there are plenty of men who like a woman who can speak for herself, make decisions in life and be a partner.

well, there is your warped idea.... and the alternative that she is looking for an equal.
Most of my friends like women who speak for themselfs.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:57 PM

But you're soooooo dominant!
And that was your woman. And you let her dominant you like that?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
But you're soooooo dominant!
And that was your woman. And you let her dominant you like that?
=)) See other threat "How many of you gals do you think you are independent from men"

Old 02-17-2011, 08:16 PM

"threat" ? Paging Dr. Freud!!

I KiD!!

Yeah, saw it. I think the problem here is you don't understand the nuances of people yet. It's easy to assume things when your young (nothing wrong with it). A woman can be feminine and take care of herself at the same time. There are periods of time where we are single or leave the house without our man and burka to shield us from the horrors of mankind.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 PM

72 posts, read 106,139 times
As an adult I would be way more worried about my SO getting some kind of assault charge than my honor being in question. As a woman you can just leave the area, or if he gets handsy, push him away, leave the area and let the bouncer know. They are really the ones who should be handling the situation.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:48 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Hypothetical situation. Obviously not one most people want, but it happens.

Say you are both out at a crowded bar, club, concert. For whatever reason your man is away from you for a short amount of time.

A man who is a complete stranger to you both, a similar age, but slightly older. Is being very inappropriate with you. For example over the top sexual explicit comments to you, or touching your leg etc. Drink is a factor. You have to go somewhere and need to leave soon anyway.

Your man comes back and he sees, or hears what is going on. Vote and comment (If you want).
I'm leaving this one alone. I will add that it's all fun and games until a right cross comes flying! Most gals would be glad that their man took it instead of them. Don't kid yourself ladies, security personnel are a joke at least 60% of the time. And that AIN'T NO joke. They need someone to overshadow and intervene if they can't handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships