Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you want your man to react in this situation?
Gives him an evil look, thats as far as it goes, then you both leave 19 27.14%
He gives him a verbal spray, then you both leave 31 44.29%
He gives him a verbal spray + threatens him if he does it ever again, then you leave 9 12.86%
Tells him to come outside and settle the problem with a fight 11 15.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:13 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times

Advertisements

I chose #1

I would be more than capable of letting the guy know that I was not interested. Also, I've never understood why you would have to ruin your night and make a mountain out of a mole hill. Its not the end of the world....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 03:33 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,838 times
pfff, I deal with this sort of behavior every single time I go out to a bar/club, which is why I've grown sick and tired of it and only go with a group of guys and girls now the rare time I go. Anywho, I"ve been single most of my life so I handle everything by myself. I've never had to kick anyone in the groin. Most of the time, I just walk away, but I have had times when I've had to push guys off me before, that has usually worked

Old 02-17-2011, 03:43 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I'd handle the situation myself and prefer it that way. I hate to be put into positions where I appear to be chattle. I've travelled alone a lot and can handle things with a level head if it's out of hand I just give a nod to a bartender and security or workers politely ask him to leave. Bringing a third party into it often asks for an escalation of macho ego

This. ^^^

Old 02-17-2011, 04:09 PM

132 posts, read 467,261 times
[quote=miyu;17908056]. It's totally acceptable for a woman to hit a man. I have assaulted many annoying men without consequence.[/QUOTE

Hmmm equal opportunity?

Old 02-17-2011, 04:32 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
If a man touched me without my persmission, I would handle it. Going out to bars does have its problems, and men that are drunk and believe they are irresitible is one of them. I learned how to handle unwelcome male attention early.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:09 PM

164 posts, read 211,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Yep, "this way" referring to intelligent thought. Almost every woman responding has stated she would handle it herself, but you don't like that - oh no "independent, can stand on her own feet, doesn't NEED you" women for you. You want the helpless waif who gives you an excuse to look for (but not find) your self-esteem. Self-esteem is not at the end of your fists.

The worst thing about your kind of "handling" the situation is that you will get "your woman" hurt. Attaboy for thinking about the safety of the woman you're with.

"I pick things up and put them down."
First of all.... I have an IQ of 149. I used to be(when much much younger) an olympic contender for Computer Science Olympiads. When I was even younger I used to go to Maths Olympiads. I don't think I lack intellect. So you say the intelligent way... I say... NO. It is the practical way. Intelligence has nothing to do with what choices you make. Intelligence will only help you better decide if a way will work or not. I do not say that your way doesn't work... I just say... I feel crapy all day if I solve the matter your way.
What choices you make are influenced by more than just intelect. They are influenced by: intelect, feelings, gut, instincts, other poeple etc. So sometimes my intellect tells me: "the best and most efficent way to solve the problem is this way...." then my instincts come and say: "What????!!! **** the inteligent way... you can do that and feel crapy all day... or you can just break this guy... "

Second of all.... I have been bodybuilding for about 5 years now. I'm quite big. I used to do kickboxing and I have been in so many fights... I know my way around a fight. There is absolutlly no risk for me... or my GF. The only person in danger is the guy. I can easily hurt somebody without breaking anything... so I don't need to pay for his hospital bill.

Third of all.... I see most women here... have the atitude "I can solve this on my own". Well, I kinda like the slightly less dominant women... that need and depends on the man a little more than that. Most women I have dated were like that... thank god. This beeing said... I have nothing against women that stick up for themselfs.... I have a lot of friends that are women and are quite dominant.... just NOT gf.

I'm glad I am this way... I wouldn't be able to look in the mirron if I were a little sissy man that leaves the bar with his GF if somebody hits on her. Aaaa... I have just as much right to sit there as the intruder... so why should I leave???? He's the one out of line????

Now... somebody else said... it's the women's way. I agree... it is. It it basic evolutionary theory. Women are not as strong as males... so they developed other instincts. Males developed instincts that are more direct... because they did not need to search for other methods. Women... lacking phisical strencth... searched for more "intelligent" ways.
That being said... a man that you see using a brutal method... is capable of thinking of the other method... but he dismissed it because it was not manly enough. (it being the women's way)

In my opinion any women that is looking for a man that uses women methods... is not really looking for a MAN.. she is looking for a girl in a male body.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:24 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
First of all.... I have an IQ of 149. I used to be(when much much younger) an olympic contender for Computer Science Olympiads. When I was even younger I used to go to Maths Olympiads. I don't think I lack intellect. So you say the intelligent way... I say... NO. It is the practical way. Intelligence has nothing to do with what choices you make. Intelligence will only help you better decide if a way will work or not. I do not say that your way doesn't work... I just say... I feel crapy all day if I solve the matter your way.
What choices you make are influenced by more than just intelect. They are influenced by: intelect, feelings, gut, instincts, other poeple etc. So sometimes my intellect tells me: "the best and most efficent way to solve the problem is this way...." then my instincts come and say: "What????!!! **** the inteligent way... you can do that and feel crapy all day... or you can just break this guy... "

Second of all.... I have been bodybuilding for about 5 years now. I'm quite big. I used to do kickboxing and I have been in so many fights... I know my way around a fight. There is absolutlly no risk for me... or my GF. The only person in danger is the guy. I can easily hurt somebody without breaking anything... so I don't need to pay for his hospital bill.

Third of all.... I see most women here... have the atitude "I can solve this on my own". Well, I kinda like the slightly less dominant women... that need and depends on the man a little more than that. Most women I have dated were like that... thank god. This beeing said... I have nothing against women that stick up for themselfs.... I have a lot of friends that are women and are quite dominant.... just NOT gf.

I'm glad I am this way... I wouldn't be able to look in the mirron if I were a little sissy man that leaves the bar with his GF if somebody hits on her. Aaaa... I have just as much right to sit there as the intruder... so why should I leave???? He's the one out of line????

Now... somebody else said... it's the women's way. I agree... it is. It it basic evolutionary theory. Women are not as strong as males... so they developed other instincts. Males developed instincts that are more direct... because they did not need to search for other methods. Women... lacking phisical strencth... searched for more "intelligent" ways.
That being said... a man that you see using a brutal method... is capable of thinking of the other method... but he dismissed it because it was not manly enough. (it being the women's way)

In my opinion any women that is looking for a man that uses women methods... is not really looking for a MAN.. she is looking for a girl in a male body.
There's a huge difference between the type of intellect you are describing and street smarts. I would never date a man that was looking for a fight to prove his manhood. It's just simply immature and ridiculous. Then a woman has to calm down two a-holes instead of one so what good does it do. A verbal exchange does not warrent a physical altercation and outsmarting someone verses beating on them is more of an accomplishment to me anyway. Also, all you have to do it hit someone once, just right, to kill them. Yeah, way to go champ. Men don't beat up other men on behalf of anyone but themselves.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
There's a huge difference between the type of intellect you are describing and street smarts. I would never date a man that was looking for a fight to prove his manhood. It's just simply immature and ridiculous. Then a woman has to calm down two a-holes instead of one so what good does it do. A verbal exchange does not warrent a physical altercation and outsmarting someone verses beating on them is more of an accomplishment to me anyway. Also, all you have to do it hit someone once, just right, to kill them. Yeah, way to go champ. Men don't beat up other men on behalf of anyone but themselves.
You: There's a huge difference between the type of intellect you are describing and street smarts.
Me: I agree... abstract intelligence is different from street smarts. Abstract intelligence is something that helps you understand "Finite Automata and Formal Languages Theory" while as street smarts is something that helps you get out of a bus ticket. I wonder which one is actually "intelligence" and which one is "practical ability" Uhhh... who knows

You: I would never date a man that was looking for a fight to prove his manhood. It's just simply immature and ridiculous.

Me: I never look for a fight... but I don't back out of one either. Stepping on my teritory is provoking me... hitting on my women is stepping on my teritory... so... do the mats yourself.
I don't fight to prove my manhood... I fight because I am a man. I don't need to prove that to anyone... but I do need to act like what I am... A MAN. It's not immature... it's instinctual. It's the heritage our monkey ancestors left us. Biologically the Human aka Homo Sapiens Sapiens is oficially considered an species of Antropoid Monkeys. So biologically we have animal instincts. The only difference between me and a little syssy man is that my dominant instinct is NOT "being scared". Any man that does not defend his teritory is actually... just scared.

You: Then a woman has to calm down two a-holes instead of one so what good does it do.

Me: All you have to do is sit there... watch the show and drink your drink. Nobody needs the women to do anything in this situation.

You: outsmarting someone verses beating on them is more of an accomplishment
Me:
depending on the situation... the only situation in which I prefer outsmarting somebody is when everybody realises I did that. Included the person outsmarted. Such situations are: somebody picks on you... then you make fun of them... and they are left speechless... then everybody laughs of them. (As Achilles said to Hector in the movie "Why kill you now prince of Troy... with no one here to see you fall") There is no glory in secretlly outsmarting somebody... not if nobody knows.

You: Also, all you have to do it hit someone once, just right, to kill them.
Me:
Duh... still... I am a skilled fighter and can easily just inflict psihical pain... not killing anybody.

You: Men don't beat up other men on behalf of anyone but themselves.
Me: I agree... This is the first thing I actually agree with.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:59 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
You: There's a huge difference between the type of intellect you are describing and street smarts.
Me: I agree... abstract intelligence is different from street smarts. Abstract intelligence is something that helps you understand "Finite Automata and Formal Languages Theory" while as street smarts is something that helps you get out of a bus ticket. I wonder which one is actually "intelligence" and which one is "practical ability" Uhhh... who knows

You: I would never date a man that was looking for a fight to prove his manhood. It's just simply immature and ridiculous.
Me: I never look for a fight... but I don't back out of one either. Stepping on my teritory is provoking me... hitting on my women is stepping on my teritory... so... do the mats yourself.
I don't fight to prove my manhood... I fight because I am a man. I don't need to prove that to anyone... but I do need to act like what I am... A MAN. It's not immature... it's instinctual. It's the heritage our monkey ancestors left us. Biologically the Human aka Homo Sapiens Sapiens is oficially considered an species of Antropoid Monkeys. So biologically we have animal instincts. The only difference between me and a little syssy man is that my dominant instinct is NOT "being scared". Any man that does not defend his teritory is actually... just scared.

You: Then a woman has to calm down two a-holes instead of one so what good does it do.
Me: All you have to do is sit there... watch the show and drink your drink. Nobody needs the women to do anything in this situation.

You: outsmarting someone verses beating on them is more of an accomplishment
Me: depending on the situation... the only situation in which I prefer outsmarting somebody is when everybody realises I did that. Included the person outsmarted. Such situations are: somebody picks on you... then you make fun of them... and they are left speechless... then everybody laughs of them. (As Achilles said to Hector in the movie "Why kill you now prince of Troy... with no one here to see you fall") There is no glory in secretlly outsmarting somebody... not if nobody knows.

You: Also, all you have to do it hit someone once, just right, to kill them.
Me: Duh... still... I am a skilled fighter and can easily just inflict psihical pain... not killing anybody.

You: Men don't beat up other men on behalf of anyone but themselves.
Me: I agree... This is the first thing I actually agree with.

Where I live if you handle things with your fists, you go to jail for assault. Keeping some guy away from your woman is not self-defense, and you would have to go to court. Is that the intelligent way?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Where I live if you handle things with your fists, you go to jail for assault. Keeping some guy away from your woman is not self-defense, and you would have to go to court. Is that the intelligent way?
If the guy does not try to hit me first... I would not hit him.
But I will admit to trying to anger him so that he try to hit me.
If he does not hit me no matter what... I go and tell security that there is a guy that is bugging me and my women(yeah... I used that expression again... I'm such a pig) and that we cannot finish our drink in peace and quite. Then security comes and throws the guy out. (I would prefer the fighting method better... but... if I have to choose between this and going to jail... hmmmm... I'd have to choose this). Anyways... I would have to be the one that goes and talks to "Mr. Security Guy"... not the women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships