Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you want your man to react in this situation?
Gives him an evil look, thats as far as it goes, then you both leave 19 27.14%
He gives him a verbal spray, then you both leave 31 44.29%
He gives him a verbal spray + threatens him if he does it ever again, then you leave 9 12.86%
Tells him to come outside and settle the problem with a fight 11 15.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 06:06 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,677,336 times

Advertisements

i just asked hubby- and he said i could take care of it on my own. that by the time he got there to intervene, the situation would already be over.

so much for overly jealous machismo hubby LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 06:08 PM

946 posts, read 2,919,005 times
I'm a woman, and even though I'm very independent in nature and have done perfectly fine on my own all these years, if I have a boyfriend, I would love for him to defend me and protect me whenever I'm in a situation like that. I would expect it. It's part of being chivalrous. Just because I'm capable of defending myself doesn't mean I wouldn't expect my boyfriend to be there for me and have my back. That's what they're there for.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:10 PM

164 posts, read 211,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
I'm a woman, and even though I'm very independent in nature and have done perfectly fine on my own all these years, if I have a boyfriend, I would love for him to defend me and protect me whenever I'm in a situation like that. I would expect it. It's part of being chivalrous. Just because I'm capable of defending myself doesn't mean I wouldn't expect my boyfriend to be there for me and have my back. That's what they're there for.
Thank you!

Old 02-17-2011, 06:14 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post

I would tell you exactly what my bf is here for, but it is between us...lol.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I would tell you exactly what my bf is here for, but it is between us...lol.
One of the many functions of a man is defending and protecting his women(ups.. did it again).

Old 02-17-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
One of the many functions of a man is defending and protecting his women(ups.. did it again).

Ahh, what is a woman's function? Is it pretending to be a helpless girl that needs defending just to pump up her guy's ego?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Ahh, what is a woman's function? Is it pretending to be a helpless girl that needs defending just to pump up her guy's ego?
To some extent.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
To some extent.

The man I am dating would not agree with you. He is secure in his masculinity. He knows when to be gentle and when to be strong. His strength is evidenced in the way he counsels his terminally ill patients, holds me when I am feeling low, and controls his temper. It is not evidenced in bullying a drunk who does not know how to behave.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
The man I am dating would not agree with you. He is secure in his masculinity. He knows when to be gentle and when to be strong. His strength is evidenced in the way he counsels his terminally ill patients, holds me when I am feeling low, and controls his temper. It is not evidenced in bullying a drunk who does not know how to behave.
Don't take this the wrong way... but... I don't give a rat's ass about if your BF agrees with me or not. The only person I need to agree with me on this is my GF... and she... does.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way... but... I don't give a rat's ass about if your BF agrees with me or not. The only person I need to agree with me on this is my GF... and she... does.

Yes, you are touchy. Part of debating on a public forum is getting opinions different from your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships