Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 10:22 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,255,853 times

Advertisements

I'm 5'10" and have dated mostly shorter men my whole life. One of the shortest was 5'1" and we had a blast back in those days! My current boyfriend is 6'1" and I haven't dated a "tall" man in YEARS!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:36 PM

56 posts, read 171,361 times
I keep reading women who say that it is personality and confidence that matter, but a shorter than average guy can have these (plus be attractive) and it will make no difference. If a woman has already made a judgment call from the beginning because of his height, how would she ever know if he has a great personality or high confidence? I keep laughing at women who say it's about personality and confidence when she wont give him a chance.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:02 PM

817 posts, read 810,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
I keep reading women who say that it is personality and confidence that matter, but a shorter than average guy can have these (plus be attractive) and it will make no difference. If a woman has already made a judgment call from the beginning because of his height, how would she ever know if he has a great personality or high confidence? I keep laughing at women who say it's about personality and confidence when she wont give him a chance.
Women just say that to cover up their shallowness or to justify their preferences when there's no logic in doing so, it's true that any shorter man exhibiting confidence and personality would be laughed at by these same women, they would then call those men as having some stupid complex and that he is trying to overcome his shortness by being confident and having a personality, as if being short is like being handicapped, fact is, any man who doesn't fit the conventional standards of beauty in the Western society is doomed, no wonder there's such a huge increase in the number of gays in recent times.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:34 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Women just say that to cover up their shallowness or to justify their preferences when there's no logic in doing so, it's true that any shorter man exhibiting confidence and personality would be laughed at by these same women, they would then call those men as having some stupid complex and that he is trying to overcome his shortness by being confident and having a personality, as if being short is like being handicapped, fact is, any man who doesn't fit the conventional standards of beauty in the Western society is doomed, no wonder there's such a huge increase in the number of gays in recent times.
LOL...that's a bit of a jump, don't ya' think?

Old 04-17-2011, 08:39 AM

817 posts, read 810,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
LOL...that's a bit of a jump, don't ya' think?
Might be, but you can't deny the fact that any man who doesn't fit the conventional standard of beauty in the West can never aspire to get a quality woman, he has to either settle for one that's extremely ugly/unhealthy, or go for one that has a ton of emotional baggage that she brings along, and shorter men since they can't fit the conventional standard of beauty out in the West, should only settle for women that are leftovers or ones that are shunned by men that fit the beauty standards of the society.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:44 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Might be, but you can't deny the fact that any man who doesn't fit the conventional standard of beauty in the West can never aspire to get a quality woman, he has to either settle for one that's extremely ugly/unhealthy, or go for one that has a ton of emotional baggage that she brings along, and shorter men since they can't fit the conventional standard of beauty out in the West, should only settle for women that are leftovers or ones that are shunned by men that fit the beauty standards of the society.
I'm pretty sure there are enough people in this world that nobody really has to "settle" for an ugly person they're not even attracted to!

Old 04-17-2011, 05:21 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,255,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
He should be glad that she won't give him a chance....already a sign that she shouldn't be with him.

Personality and confidence is what worked for me....sheesh, if I had pictures, I'd post up all my past boyfriends that were shorter than me. For me personally, I could care less about the height. It's all about how we mesh together.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:50 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times
I would give a man shorter that I a chance if we had chemistry. My first bf was shorter than I and we dated for a while. Really nice guy, lots of fun. The only reason we broke up was because I was going off to college and he wasn't. His height was never an issue for him nor for me.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 PM

102 posts, read 170,411 times
Quote:
That's exactly what I have been saying, the shorter dudes should accept that younger,attractive,beautiful women will never go after them, as the women get older and become less attractive, they might consider the shorter dudes, but otherwise, they have to accept that they are going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as getting women is concerned.
Actually, that's not what I was implying. What I meant by a shorter man becoming more attractive to older woman is not that the older woman is not attractive. Assuming the "shorter man" is also older too -- chances are he's developed his mind more, his interests, probably has developed a more debonair look to him, gray in his hair perhaps...fine age lines that look good, dressing well. There are attractive qualities that come with age.

A young shorter guy certainly does not have to "scrape the bottom of the barrel." If he's up on presenting himself in the best light, using all his assets I'm sure there are taller, beautiful younger women that would find them attractive. And hey --- deep pockets and a generous nature never hurt, right?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:26 PM

56 posts, read 171,361 times
Quote:
fact is, any man who doesn't fit the conventional standards of beauty in the Western society is doomed, no wonder there's such a huge increase in the number of gays in recent times.
There is some truth to the gay comment and shorter than average men. I know of guys and have personally talked to guys that haven chosen to be gay because they felt like the gay community was more excepting of their height. I have also talked to shorter gay males that don't believe they were born gay, but through nurture became gay. They felt that they were treated different earlier on in life. This also rings true with some taller gay males that I have talked to that were shorter than average most of their adolescent life and then had a late growth spurt. They will say the same thing that they were treated differently.

I know someone who is doing a research study right now on homosexuality and height. At this point he has found a larger proportion of gay males who are below average in height. The question will be were they born gay or was it nurture or choose to be gay.

Some interesting research is being done on this subject now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships