Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 05:49 AM

629 posts, read 1,234,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
Do you read or understand what you post and see what other men have raged against? So your suspicion of women who SAY something they don't mean is not bemoaning?

If your eyes were truly opened, you would be philosophical about the matter. The majority of people understand that both men & women judge each other's looks to a certain extent when finding a mate. It's basic biology. Women are no more or less guilty of doing this than men. Some people lack depth and no sex is more guilty of it than the other.
This post makes no sense. You just confirmed what I said. I never said men don't do it also so stating that both sexes judge each others looks when finding a mate is pointless. Your continued assumption that I'm picking sides is the reason I said you're not opening your mind to other perspectives. Reread my posts and tell me where it says men are innocent. Once again as I stated before, the reality is lifes not fair. Work with the cards your dealt.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:51 PM

855 posts, read 1,385,444 times
Sorry folks, but I gotta agree with ChuckyB221 on this subject.

There is little to no room in the dating world for short guys because women will always desire the tall men. A lot of them, behind chat lines and forums like this will say they'll date a shorter guy to sound less shallow and arrogant. When the situation presents itself with the shorter guy approaching, she runs to the hills for the tall, dark and handsomes.

As long as Hollywood dicates the BS rules of relationships and mate selection, short guys will always get shafted. You are much better off single and avoiding any contact with women unless you meet one that really wants to connect with you. For me, that means her making the effort and getting my attention by any means necessary. If I'm worth it in her eyes, she won't leave any stone left unturned. Besides, I've seen enough short men who have settled in relationships trying to deal with the cheating girlfriend or wife who knows she can get away with it. She knows he's not going to leave her either because she's all he's got and there's nobody else for him. Definitely not the other short women who chase after the same tall guys the tall women do. She'll leave him when his pockets are empty because he can't feed her material demands or pay her bills anymore. It's a losing battle that short guys will always fight with North American women because they rely on the rights and wrongs of what the red carpet says. Women are good at making up all kinds of excuses to reject a shorter guy, often saying it'll never work when we all know his lack of height is why she ditched him. Women just don't know how to say "you're too short for me," truthfully without hurting feelings so they use other excuses.

If you're between 5'7 and 5'10 you still have more than a fraction of success with women but you're always closer than you think to getting brushed aside in favour of a guy who's 6'0 or more. If you're under 5'7, your S.O.L.! There's always Vegas and Amsterdam which is a good thing. Like it or not, Charlie Sheen is right. Hookers are the way to go! They don't waste your time and there's no emotional involvement. Just use extra protection. Why waste 300, 400 or 500 bucks taking a girl out on a couple of dates who's going to drop you in favour of the tall guy? Been there, done that, ain't doing that crap again. It doesn't make sense! I'd rather spend that money on making sure I get some guaranteed pleasure whether it's in the form of a woman paid to do a job or an activity or event that I can thoroughly enjoy without the need for sex. If I want emotional involvement, I'll spend time with my family because those are the people I trust with my feelings.

I'm a shade under 5'6 for those who care.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:03 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,584,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post

There is little to no room in the dating world for short guys because women will always desire the tall men. A lot of them, behind chat lines and forums like this will say they'll date a shorter guy to sound less shallow and arrogant. When the situation presents itself with the shorter guy approaching, she runs to the hills for the tall, dark and handsomes.

As long as Hollywood dicates the BS rules of relationships and mate selection, short guys will always get shafted. You are much better off single and avoiding any contact with women unless you meet one that really wants to connect with you. For me, that means her making the effort and getting my attention by any means necessary. If I'm worth it in her eyes, she won't leave any stone left unturned. Besides, I've seen enough short men who have settled in relationships trying to deal with the cheating girlfriend or wife who knows she can get away with it. She knows he's not going to leave her either because she's all he's got and there's nobody else for him. Definitely not the other short women who chase after the same tall guys the tall women do. She'll leave him when his pockets are empty because he can't feed her material demands or pay her bills anymore. It's a losing battle that short guys will always fight with North American women because they rely on the rights and wrongs of what the red carpet says. Women are good at making up all kinds of excuses to reject a shorter guy, often saying it'll never work when we all know his lack of height is why she ditched him. Women just don't know how to say "you're too short for me," truthfully without hurting feelings so they use other excuses.

If you're between 5'7 and 5'10 you still have more than a fraction of success with women but you're always closer than you think to getting brushed aside in favour of a guy who's 6'0 or more. If you're under 5'7, your S.O.L.! There's always Vegas and Amsterdam which is a good thing. Like it or not, Charlie Sheen is right. Hookers are the way to go! They don't waste your time and there's no emotional involvement. Just use extra protection. Why waste 300, 400 or 500 bucks taking a girl out on a couple of dates who's going to drop you in favour of the tall guy? Been there, done that, ain't doing that crap again. It doesn't make sense! I'd rather spend that money on making sure I get some guaranteed pleasure whether it's in the form of a woman paid to do a job or an activity or event that I can thoroughly enjoy without the need for sex. If I want emotional involvement, I'll spend time with my family because those are the people I trust with my feelings.

I'm a shade under 5'6 for those who care.
Look, this is silly. There are women out there who will date/marry a man shorter than they are (I happen to be one) and there are men out there who won't automatically reject a girl for being taller than him. Some people have a list of what they want in a life partner and physical appearance has very little to do with it.

All the same, I agree that there is a general societal preference from both the male and female genders that the male be the taller one. Men are just as guilty as women on this one, rejecting the taller girls as quickly as women reject the shorter guys. So I definitely sympathize with the situation anyone with unusual attributes is in. I've lived it myself.

But really, it's no different from what anyone else goes through dating. You may get rejected for your height, but the next guy is rejected for his income, the next guy because he's got bad teeth, the next guy for his weight. The next girl is rejected because she's got too big a behind, the next girl because her breasts are too small, the next because she's too this or that.

We could all sit in a circle and whine about how unfair the world is, but the truth is, that's just damn unattractive. The people who get the guy/girl? They've decided not to sit around like a bitter old stump moaning about how mean the opposite sex can be. They've adopted the attitude of, "Anyone so superficial to reject me for this isn't the sort of person I'm interested in anyway. Far better that I not waste my time."

Old 03-28-2011, 05:07 PM

817 posts, read 811,962 times
Quote:

Exactly, it would be better if people that come online on forums act more honest than try to be politically correct, after all, that's what most of us are in real life, so better to be honest atleast on the online forums. I have observed that most people in this forum atleast, are not honest.

Quote:
That's very true, I have seen relationships where the shorter guys had to always go that extra mile to save their relationships, often spending more money, displaying more material stuff, etc etc, while the taller man could get away even if he were broke.

Quote:
I'm a shade under 5'6 for those who care.[/quote]

I agree with the hookers part, however, I would suggest an even better approach to all the shorter men, fact is that, you would always be discriminated, ridiculed, and made fun of by ALL(including the short and tall) women, so you have almost zero chances of finding even an average girl to consider you. I would rather recommend them to focus on their careers, make money, get a good job and education, go abroad and find their dream woman, you have to be open minded about this and be willing to learn about a new culture, but your chances of finding women that are going to be your mate for the rest of your life are much much better. Fact is that the shorter men have it the worst in the Western world, and they are just one step higher than pets like dogs and cats.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:14 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,584,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Exactly, it would be better if people that come online on forums act more honest than try to be politically correct, after all, that's what most of us are in real life, so better to be honest atleast on the online forums. I have observed that most people in this forum atleast, are not honest.

That's very true, I have seen relationships where the shorter guys had to always go that extra mile to save their relationships, often spending more money, displaying more material stuff, etc etc, while the taller man could get away even if he were broke.

I agree with the hookers part, however, I would suggest an even better approach to all the shorter men, fact is that, you would always be discriminated, ridiculed, and made fun of by ALL(including the short and tall) women, so you have almost zero chances of finding even an average girl to consider you. I would rather recommend them to focus on their careers, make money, get a good job and education, go abroad and find their dream woman, you have to be open minded about this and be willing to learn about a new culture, but your chances of finding women that are going to be your mate for the rest of your life are much much better. Fact is that the shorter men have it the worst in the Western world, and they are just one step higher than pets like dogs and cats.
Look, I really do sympathize, but at some point, can you not step back and look at what you are writing? How can this sort of chip on one's shoulder ever be attractive? When someone is looking for a mate, they are looking for someone who is full of life, happiness, who will better their existence by being a part of it. Someone who approaches life bitter, sure they will never get a chance and proclaiming they are treated one step higher than dogs and cats? Yeah, that doesn't present a very positive image. Why would anyone be attracted to that? Even if you don't announce it on a first date, you can give off a bitter, negative vibe with no confidence. That isn't going to attract anyone.

Hell, a good friend of mine in college was maybe 5'4", at best. He was dating the prettiest girl in our dorm, who was a good 5 inches taller at least. He had the nicest personality, was the life of any party and drew people to him right and left. I didn't even notice his height, and if he did, he never revealed that to me.

Don't let your own perceived "failings" blind you from the truth that there are some things you DO have control over. To many people bank on one excuse or another, when truly it's their bad attitude holding them back.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Exactly, it would be better if people that come online on forums act more honest than try to be politically correct, after all, that's what most of us are in real life, so better to be honest atleast on the online forums. I have observed that most people in this forum atleast, are not honest

So.... People are automatically dishonest if they don't agree with you 100%?? Talk about arrogance...

Again, I went out with two guys this weekend (both longterm friends), one is 5'6 the other is 5'4 or so. They walked in with me, a 6'1 tall chick without any issues and the girls were all over both of them all night. I just go to sit back and watch. I still say the majority of it is attitude because these twoguys have never had any issues with picking up women and neither of gem are wealthy or ridiculously good looking by any means.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:41 PM

19,732 posts, read 20,276,616 times
"Short men are just one step up from dogs and cats" ?!

Yall are damn near crazy with this sh*t...beyond, actually.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
Look, I really do sympathize, but at some point, can you not step back and look at what you are writing? How can this sort of chip on one's shoulder ever be attractive? When someone is looking for a mate, they are looking for someone who is full of life, happiness, who will better their existence by being a part of it. Someone who approaches life bitter, sure they will never get a chance and proclaiming they are treated one step higher than dogs and cats? Yeah, that doesn't present a very positive image. Why would anyone be attracted to that? Even if you don't announce it on a first date, you can give off a bitter, negative vibe with no confidence. That isn't going to attract anyone.

Hell, a good friend of mine in college was maybe 5'4", at best. He was dating the prettiest girl in our dorm, who was a good 5 inches taller at least. He had the nicest personality, was the life of any party and drew people to him right and left. I didn't even notice his height, and if he did, he never revealed that to me.

Don't let your own perceived "failings" blind you from the truth that there are some things you DO have control over. To many people bank on one excuse or another, when truly it's their bad attitude holding them back.
LOL, I just like playing the devil's advocate, and I believe in what you have said, I don't believe in that dogs and cats thing, I just take a side and argue for it, although I might tend to take it to the extremes at times, that said, I agree a positive attitude makes a huge difference in everyone's lives, life is a game of chance, you get some, you lose some in the end anyway.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So.... People are automatically dishonest if they don't agree with you 100%?? Talk about arrogance...

Again, I went out with two guys this weekend (both longterm friends), one is 5'6 the other is 5'4 or so. They walked in with me, a 6'1 tall chick without any issues and the girls were all over both of them all night. I just go to sit back and watch. I still say the majority of it is attitude because these twoguys have never had any issues with picking up women and neither of gem are wealthy or ridiculously good looking by any means.
I agree, not everyone is the way I described, sorry for making it a little extreme earlier, I like picking on people's posts here, that's all

Old 03-29-2011, 02:26 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,562,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
"Short men are just one step up from dogs and cats" ?!

Yall are damn near crazy with this sh*t...beyond, actually.
Haha....I like dogs better than most men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships