Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:35 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I wonder why the women who voted no wouldn't date a short man.
I'm pretty sure it's the same reason some men won't date fat chicks.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 PM

90 posts, read 153,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm pretty sure it's the same reason some men won't date fat chicks.
Atleast fat chicks can actually you know... DO something about it. Fat people are fat for a reason... they don't take care of themselves in a way.

You can't do anything about your height.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpokerpoker View Post
Atleast fat chicks can actually you know... DO something about it. Fat people are fat for a reason... they don't take care of themselves in a way.

You can't do anything about your height.
A man's height (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with his marketability in the dating/mating world. A fat girl can't attract guys who are otherwise not attracted to fat girls by dangling her wallet the way a short guy can attract tons of t&a by having coin. I'm not making the rules - that's just how it is.

But fat girls still get laid whenever they want to because there are so many guys who are actually into fat chicks. So whether or not fat chicks "do something about it" i.e. lose the excess weight, is not the point. Again - I'm not making it so; that's just how it is.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
A man's height (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with his marketability in the dating/mating world. A fat girl can't attract guys who are otherwise not attracted to fat girls by dangling her wallet the way a short guy can attract tons of t&a by having coin. I'm not making the rules - that's just how it is.

But fat girls still get laid whenever they want to because there are so many guys who are actually into fat chicks. So whether or not fat chicks "do something about it" i.e. lose the excess weight, is not the point. Again - I'm not making it so; that's just how it is.
Offcourse it has, lets face it... Most(maybe even all) women want a guy who's taller than her.

A short guy with an average salary will have a harder time getting a woman than a tall guy with an average salary, That is just how it is.

It's a myth that men are more shallow, women will reject guys just based on their height without giving them a chance.

"a short guy can attract tons of t&a by having coin."

Great... the only way for a short guy to get a woman is by being rich. Proves my point. Women don't want short guys.

Alright, lol I'm getting bitter just thinking about this stuff I'm 5'7... I know this will be a problem for most women. And I will get rejected more than the average man...

But all I can do is improve in other aspects... Or move to Japan or something were I'd be average height wise instead of short. And in pretty much all of Asia and Latin America, I wouldn't really be considered short at all. So I'm not totally screwed... I know that.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
But fat girls still get laid whenever they want to because there are so many guys who are actually into fat chicks.
True. But there aren't any women what so ever who are actually into... short guys. Except maybe those sick dominatrix type women who are into dominating the guy and all that stuff...

Old 03-08-2011, 12:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
True. But there aren't any women what so ever who are actually into... short guys. Except maybe those sick dominatrix type women who are into dominating the guy and all that stuff...
Oh nonsense. I'm 5ft 2in, I prefer short men because I don't like feeling dominated by a tall guy.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:44 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Short guys are cute. I like to throw them around like a rag doll!

Old 03-08-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Offcourse it has, lets face it... Most(maybe even all) women want a guy who's taller than her.
All women want as ideal of a guy as she can attract - and each woman has different criteria. I can only speak for myself as a single woman - height is not too high on the list. Since the average height of the American woman is 5' 4", you're still taller than the average woman.

Quote:
A short guy with an average salary will have a harder time getting a woman than a tall guy with an average salary, That is just how it is.
You mean getting a hot woman, right?

Quote:
It's a myth that men are more shallow, women will reject guys just based on their height without giving them a chance.
'Shallow' women will reject guys just based on their height, just like 'shallow' men will reject women based on their (dress size/small breasts/butterface/etc.).

Quote:
"a short guy can attract tons of t&a by having coin."

Great... the only way for a short guy to get a woman is by being rich. Proves my point. Women don't want short guys.
Again, there are lots of women in the dating pool, not just hotties. I think if short guys would lower their expectations and stop being so obsessed about their shortcomings (maybe even work on improving their personalities and ability to make a woman feel special) they'd have no problem getting dates. And it's not just short guys - balding guys, same advice. You don't have to be rich, just realistic.

Quote:
Alright, lol I'm getting bitter just thinking about this stuff I'm 5'7... I know this will be a problem for most women. And I will get rejected more than the average man...
Most women? Aren't you exaggerating a bit? Yes, bitter is coming through - get rid of the bitterness and you will dramatically improve your game with the ladies.

Quote:
But all I can do is improve in other aspects... Or move to Japan or something were I'd be average height wise instead of short. And in pretty much all of Asia and Latin America, I wouldn't really be considered short at all. So I'm not totally screwed... I know that.
You don't need to move to Japan (or other countries) just come to LA - I swear I am towering over most of the folks I see on a day-to-day basis. I am exactly as tall as you are so take my word for it!

Old 03-08-2011, 02:25 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Don't call dommes sick. Many men have a deep desire to be dominated by a woman. It's good that there are at least some dominant women out there.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:37 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
I didn't vote because I'm not tall. But I can tell you that one of my long-time gal pals is 6' tall and her husband is 5'8" and they are one of the happiest couples I know.

Also, a few months ago, I briefly dated a man who is 5'2" - the same height as me! It was nice to be able to look him directly in the face when we were standing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships