Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 10:17 PM

343 posts, read 525,372 times

Advertisements

Hey headhunter!

Does your name come from hunting heads in order to suck out their brains and replace them with a deadly vitriolic gas-like substance?

Just curious. :P

Old 03-27-2011, 10:20 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,798,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
That's because most women try to convince themselves that they're not as superficial as they actually are. When the day comes to prove their words, suddenly the excuses come. Some women like to say how great a boyfriend a guy will be. Just not THEIR boyfriend. Not to say some of these women are actually honest in their statement that height doesn't matter. Once you finally find someone like this, now you have to actually deal with the regular problem guys have. Getting her to date you. If that doesn't work search again, start over. The reality is lifes not fair. Work with the cards you're dealt.
Or because those of us who profess to be dating/in long-term relationships with guys shorter than we are are obviously TOTAL LIARS.

It's important to us that complete strangers on the internet do NOT see us for the superficial witches we really are, so we make these things up so we can have awesome forum cred. Obviously.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:27 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,005,970 times
Just found this thread, and since someone brought it up.....

It would have to be HEAVEN to find a woman that's taller than I am (6' 00"). I've always been getting this crick in my neck looking down into the eyes. I mean, think about it. At night, if her feet are covered, mine would be too, instead of the covers pulling up above my knees.

So, where were all these tall women back when I was in the market?????

Old 03-27-2011, 10:28 PM

817 posts, read 814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
Hey headhunter!

Does your name come from hunting heads in order to suck out their brains and replace them with a deadly vitriolic gas-like substance?

Just curious. :P
Naaw, I was looking for a username, and I was listening to this song by a band called Krokus, an early 80s rock band and their album was called "Headhunter", I was born on the 18th of a month, so I added that and made it "headhunter18", hope I have made you less inquisitive now.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:29 PM

817 posts, read 814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Or because those of us who profess to be dating/in long-term relationships with guys shorter than we are are obviously TOTAL LIARS.

It's important to us that complete strangers on the internet do NOT see us for the superficial witches we really are, so we make these things up so we can have awesome forum cred. Obviously.
Very enlightening post, thanks for letting us know your TRUE intentions.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:40 PM

629 posts, read 1,235,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

You're misinterpreting what I said and getting defensive because of it. There's a difference between a woman who SAYS she'll date a shorter man and those who are dating/in long-term relationships with guys who are shorter. Granted you've spoken for yourself. But can you honestly claim every woman who SAYS they'll date shorter men won't favor taller men when given the choice? Many women speak using what they BELIEVE is right, but most of these women won't really know the answer themselves until the situation comes up.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
You're misinterpreting what I said and getting defensive because of it. There's a difference between a woman who SAYS she'll date a shorter man and those who are dating/in long-term relationships with guys who are shorter. Granted you've spoken for yourself. But can you honestly claim every woman who SAYS they'll date shorter men won't favor taller men when given the choice? Many women speak using what they BELIEVE is right, but most of these women won't really know the answer themselves until the situation comes up.
When we go out and are approached, we take a lot into consideration, just like men do.

There is not such a big difference in what men are looking for and what women want.
Most of us human beings want an attractive, intelligent person who shares our values.

Examples of damaged people who choose other damaged people is just that. No need to moan over that loss yet for some reason because that 'hot' damaged girl chose a 'hot' damaged man makes you rage against all women. There is nothing we (women here @ CD) can say to convince you otherwise. It's truly frustrating when we try to no avail. I just hope you will see eventually that losing out to this type of woman is not a loss but a blessing.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:12 PM

629 posts, read 1,235,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
When we go out and are approached, we take a lot into consideration, just like men do.

There is not such a big difference in what men are looking for and what women want.
Most of us human beings want an attractive, intelligent person who shares our values.

Examples of damaged people who choose other damaged people is just that. No need to moan over that loss yet for some reason because that 'hot' damaged girl chose a 'hot' damaged man makes you rage against all women. There is nothing we (women here @ CD) can say to convince you otherwise. It's truly frustrating when we try to no avail. I just hope you will see eventually that losing out to this type of woman is not a loss but a blessing.
Your first paragraph is what I'm getting at. Your assumption that I am "moaning" and "raging" on all women is typical of someone who was obviously looking for reasons to get defensive instead of opening their minds to other perspectives. I speak from the many times I've witnessed this situation and actually experienced it. Your "hope" is assuming my eyes didn't open years ago. I feel sorry for these women and the men they lead to believe the features they were born with is a curse. Some will find their "perfect" man and others will convince themselves their man is perfect. The rest will live alone.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,703,111 times
Quote:
Every single tall woman I know (I'm talking 6' +) has been in at least 1, if not multiple, relationships with men quite a bit shorter than them.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Your first paragraph is what I'm getting at. Your assumption that I am "moaning" and "raging" on all women is typical of someone who was obviously looking for reasons to get defensive instead of opening their minds to other perspectives. I speak from the many times I've witnessed this situation and actually experienced it. Your "hope" is assuming my eyes didn't open years ago. I feel sorry for these women and the men they lead to believe the features they were born with is a curse. Some will find their "perfect" man and others will convince themselves their man is perfect. The rest will live alone.
There's a difference between a woman who SAYS she'll date a shorter man and those who are dating/in long-term relationships with guys who are shorter.
Do you read or understand what you post and see what other men have raged against? So your suspicion of women who SAY something they don't mean is not bemoaning?

If your eyes were truly opened, you would be philosophical about the matter. The majority of people understand that both men & women judge each other's looks to a certain extent when finding a mate. It's basic biology. Women are no more or less guilty of doing this than men. Some people lack depth and no sex is more guilty of it than the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships