Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:05 PM

343 posts, read 524,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
im not talking that tall maybe 5'7-5'9 women seem to not mind guys around that same height where tiny women seem to wanna get completely dwarfed by their partner

So true. It's the female equivalent of a Napoleon complex.
I'm 5'8" and have a snookie look-a-like friend who's 5'1" on a good day. She literally climbs all over the first tall guy she sees in a club like a frickin monkey. Oh, and she doesn't date anyone under 6'1".

I've dated guys about the same height as me. I'd rather someone be taller so I can wear heels but it's not a deal-breaker. Hopefully the horizontal time spent together will make up for the vertical discrepancies.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:00 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Yeah, if I'm attracted to him (obviously). Case in point, my boyfriend of the past four years is 5'7" to my 5'10". It's not something I've ever batted an eye at...when you hit your adult height of 5'10" in the fifth grade, you get pretty accustomed to the boys being shorter than you pretty quickly. It's no big deal. I've dated guys of all different heights, and I have no real preference in regard to height.

Of course, it's important to note that my BF is not insecure about his height. If he were, that would be a turnoff. There is also nothing preventing me from wearing heels when I wanna wear heels. BF prefers them, although that's pretty incidental to my wearing them from time to time.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:58 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Do you have any idea how many men have told me they would have dated me if I were 6" shorter?? Both sexes have preferences and though I have dated men who are shorter than me, it seems like they're the ones who have problems with it... Not me.

How the heck does that come up in conversation!?! Are these guys you worked with? I've never had anyone say that to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm dating a man right now who is 6'9... And it's a whole new experiencefor me to be able to put my head on someones shoulder while standing up
I dated a few guys who were 6'9" and I didn't like the feeling. They were almost too tall. Maybe it's because I'm so used to being the tallest person in the room. LOL

Old 03-05-2011, 09:31 PM

56 posts, read 171,383 times
As a short man I know that we have no chance. The only women that we may get are the left overs the taller men don't want. This is the truth. No woman wants a short man no matter how great of a guy and how good looking he might be. The only thing that helps is money. As I heard one matchmaker say, "A short man needs a tall wallet to stand on." If you are under 5'8" you have no chance. You can have the greatest and most positive personality and it will do no good since a woman wont give you the time of day to find out you have a great personality.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:27 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
As a short man I know that we have no chance. The only women that we may get are the left overs the taller men don't want. This is the truth. No woman wants a short man no matter how great of a guy and how good looking he might be. The only thing that helps is money. As I heard one matchmaker say, "A short man needs a tall wallet to stand on." If you are under 5'8" you have no chance. You can have the greatest and most positive personality and it will do no good since a woman wont give you the time of day to find out you have a great personality.
not true...its all about confidence, being able to lead.....the ability to communicate comes into play and listening to their opinions on all subjects that interest them ....confidence is everything...i`m 5-5 and get hit on daily

Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
Plenty of us are *willingly* with (gasp) shorter men. And not because we're "left-overs," [sic] either.

It strikes me, based on the tone of your post, that the whole "greatest and most positive personality" deficit may be your problem, and not something related to feet and inches. Could it possibly be that you're sending out the same hostile, chip-on-the-shoulder tone in person?

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-07-2011 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: No personal attacks.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:39 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,406 times
It's becoming more accepted as women have fewer choices. When I lived in the midwest I would see a good number of women on a daily basis who were 6'4" or above. I would see one at the gym everyday who was 6'11", she was a former star athlete at U. of Iowa.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:22 AM

2,963 posts, read 3,530,002 times
I wonder why the women who voted no wouldn't date a short man.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Personal preference, just like anything else.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:14 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
As Julia stated, personal preference.

I'm sure if I got to know a man shorter than me and liked him I wouldn't give him the boot (assuming I were single), but I wouldn't seek out a short man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships