Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:31 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,590,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoloso View Post
Headhunter is spot on. I've heard many women say, "He's okay looking, has X habits, but is tall" (= plus). Then said, "He's so sweet, is successful, but he's pretty short" (negative). It is what it is. Also notice we tend to get a lot of women with many kids, overweight, unattractive who are willing (not negatve to me b/c I've dated and have been open to all three categories). I am very well endowed. I'd trade all of it to be at least 5'10. I would rather be 5'10 w/an average size penis, than 5'6 w/ a schlong.
Well, I agree that it is what it is. In the same way a guy can say:

another man's kids? = ugh, not for me
overweight? = no thanks, I'm too good for that
unattractive? = I will only date a 10
flat chest? = no, I deserve a DD cup

A woman can also decide what she wants and what she doesn't. It's no different from a man deciding he wants the girl with bigger boobs over the one with an A-cup chest. It's no different from the 40 year old man deciding he wants the 20 year old hottie rather than the 40 year old woman his own age.

True peace comes in finally accepting what you came with and that anyone who would reject you solely for this or that is probably not a person you would want to spend your life with anyway.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:34 PM

817 posts, read 813,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
No, I made no mention of personality, which to me is the most important factor.

My argument is that the short man is trying to claim that women being biased against him because of height is oh so unfair. However, he is saying that being biased against a woman because she has an ugly face is perfectly okay.

It is hypocritical. Neither feature can be changed. Neither feature affects their personality. If you're asking the opposite sex to ignore your physical traits, then it's only fair that you ignore them too, right?
Yes, perfectly said, I totally agree with you , personality does overcome a lot of things, and one form of discrimination isn't better than the other, agreed. I was just playing around with you

Old 03-29-2011, 07:44 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,115,588 times
While i do think allot of women are goofy and being just a few more inches off the ground can turn you from ehh to hot theres tons of women who dont care about height..

Yes women are more shallow then they let on maybe even more shallow then Men as a whole at least online but you guys are goign a little overboard and making it sound like all tall guys are like rockstars who women flock to and all short men have no luck with women and are just used and abused..

Plus lets say hyopthetically todays women are as shallow evil and an vapid as you claim and their one fantasy in life is to get a tall man then wouldnt you consider yourself lucky not to be with one?

Last edited by JBT1980; 03-29-2011 at 07:56 PM..

Old 03-30-2011, 12:47 PM

950 posts, read 1,518,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Hmm, so the conclusion is that tall man = better choice no matter how ugly he is to look at or personality wise, short man = worst choice no matter how good looking or attractive he is. Okay, thanks for the clarification , I am getting to understand the society here better and better

I noticed that most guys who are over 7 feet tall are not very handsome in the face department. Heck many of them even look like they have a mild form of down syndrome.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:50 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,090,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
I noticed that most guys who are over 7 feet tall are not very handsome in the face department. Heck many of them even look like they have a mild form of down syndrome.
You're probably thinking of either pituitary tumor/pituitary disorder or gigantism...both tend to give a look to the face that's different from the average person, usually an elongation and sometimes very heavy bones in the face.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:30 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,714,844 times
Im 5'8 which I consider to be average tall and I looooove short guys.
Tall men do nothing for me.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:41 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,837,916 times
I have a friend who is tall and he's a 50 year old virgin. So height isn't everything.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,278 times
Default Re:Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?

Hi,
I live in USA. Well in my opinion it is nothing wrong in dating a short man, as I personally believe that height does not matter and only thing matter is respect, thoughts and mutual understanding..
Cheers!!

For a perfect date click: <a href="http://www.meetmymatch.co.uk">Dating Sites</a>

Old 04-15-2011, 08:35 PM

102 posts, read 170,751 times
Hmmm... I'm a woman of average/tall height (5' 8") and if you would have asked me this when I was younger, I would have said no. My ex-spouse and all former boyfriends were taller. I think as you age (well for me anyway) so many things come into play with the "attraction factor" and some shorter men as a sexy as heck to me. Depends on the whole package, but yes, I would. I don't think I would be comfortable if he were much shorter, but an inch or two is okay. Heels and dancing are a tough issue though

Old 04-16-2011, 08:17 AM

817 posts, read 813,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterofopinion View Post
Hmmm... I'm a woman of average/tall height (5' 8") and if you would have asked me this when I was younger, I would have said no. My ex-spouse and all former boyfriends were taller. I think as you age (well for me anyway) so many things come into play with the "attraction factor" and some shorter men as a sexy as heck to me. Depends on the whole package, but yes, I would. I don't think I would be comfortable if he were much shorter, but an inch or two is okay. Heels and dancing are a tough issue though
That's exactly what I have been saying, the shorter dudes should accept that younger,attractive,beautiful women will never go after them, as the women get older and become less attractive, they might consider the shorter dudes, but otherwise, they have to accept that they are going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as getting women is concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships