Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 02:39 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,442,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpokerpoker View Post
True. But there aren't any women what so ever who are actually into... short guys. Except maybe those sick dominatrix type women who are into dominating the guy and all that stuff...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Don't call dommes sick. Many men have a deep desire to be dominated by a woman. It's good that there are at least some dominant women out there.

Yeah! You tell him Jay! It's no different than the shorties having a fetish for us Amazons.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:01 PM

3,013 posts, read 3,566,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm pretty sure it's the same reason some men won't date fat chicks.
Short guy = fat chick, really?

Old 03-08-2011, 05:13 PM

25,899 posts, read 42,837,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Substitute "women with small breasts" if that is less offensive. Or blondes. Or women with glasses. Or women with funny teeth. Heck, one of our regular posters said it's a major turn-off if her bra and panties don't match.

Everybody has physical preferences.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:58 PM

89,019 posts, read 85,546,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Short guys are cute. I like to throw them around like a rag doll!
Maybe we tall women can get short men and have date-tossing contests like they do with the midgets in Australia.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:12 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,930,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Maybe we tall women can get short men and have date-tossing contests like they do with the midgets in Australia.
There's a market for videos of that, you know...

Go to Dailymotion and look up "Asian Destruction." I lol'd so bad I started crying. That poor little man and his pained cries...

Old 03-10-2011, 04:55 PM

56 posts, read 171,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Again, there are lots of women in the dating pool, not just hotties. I think if short guys would lower their expectations and stop being so obsessed about their shortcomings (maybe even work on improving their personalities and ability to make a woman feel special) they'd have no problem getting dates. And it's not just short guys - balding guys, same advice. You don't have to be rich, just realistic.

Most women? Aren't you exaggerating a bit? Yes, bitter is coming through - get rid of the bitterness and you will dramatically improve your game with the ladies.
As I said earlier the shorter than average guys get the leftovers the taller men don't want.

It is Most. Take a look on the research that has been done or watch the 20/20 special on height or watch the documentary "S&M: Short & Male"

Old 03-10-2011, 08:01 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,554,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Substitute "women with small breasts" if that is less offensive. Or blondes. Or women with glasses. Or women with funny teeth. Heck, one of our regular posters said it's a major turn-off if her bra and panties don't match.

Everybody has physical preferences.
Like Julia said. I am not saying short guys are the same as fat chicks, I'm referring to their similar "challenge" in the world of dating desirability. Odds are stacked against both. However, fat chicks have their fans, and so do short guys.

Everyone has someone for them. This thread is about whether tall women would date or marry a shorter man - the answer appears to be that there are some women who wouldn't date shorter guys but it's usually shorter women who say this. I haven't counted all the replies in the thread, but most of the taller women appear to be ok with shorter guys.

Speaking as a taller than average woman, I can say that I have no wish to "improve the gene pool" which many of my shorter "sisters" have stated as one of the reasons they aim for the tall guys. I also feel secure enough to take care of myself so I don't have that "wilting lily/damsel in distress" complex either, which many women claim is the reason they require a man to be at least 6' tall.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:09 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,818,153 times
I am 5'6". I would date a man shorter than I if he were secure with his height. Of more importance than height and all the other physical attributes are whether he is as or more financially stable than I, whether he pays his taxes, whether he has a stable retirement plan, how he treats me, his mother and other women in his life, how responsible he is or was for his children, if he has any, and how he communicates.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:48 PM

56 posts, read 171,859 times
As we have seen in the majority of replies on here, mainly from the shorter women, is that their femininity comes from the guy on their arm not from within. Women are looking for a trophy, not a partner.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 PM

543 posts, read 1,002,559 times
Well, my maternal grandparents are just like that: my grandma is taller than my grandpa. They're still married! 45 years standing strong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships