Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 11:06 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,610,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think this is a male fantasy foisted on women. YOU WISH being dominated sexually were an aphrodisiac for women. That's not the case for many women. I challenge you to create a poll on this topic, to see how C-D women respond.
This has been studied and researched many many times, by professionals so im not going to start a poll. Its the third most common sexual fantasy for women. Ive dated quite a few that have told me so as well. Once again its only a fantasy.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:09 AM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yeah, right. Women like soft spoken and gentle men. Please stop, Ruth. Almost all women are attracted to masculine men, with very few, rare excpetions. I dont know why youre bringing up marriage, it has nothing to do with my post. You're in denial.
I base my statements on daily observation. Sorry if reality doesn't conform to your narrow view. your peddling antiquated clliches, par for the course on C-d. Oh well.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:26 AM

417 posts, read 825,471 times
sometimes long time gender roles only further suggested by large outlets of society like the media are hard to through off. that being said, it's a bit of a stretch to assume women in general are averse to equal partnership. I.E. paying for their own meals, etc. if anything, i think the whole knight to wife idealism is being thrown aside more and more often. Still, it does seem like "the man" is often figured to have to take the lead in some way. some sexologist on the raido at least thought so...

Old 07-29-2012, 11:31 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,392,584 times
Um, I date very masculine men. I occasionally want to be dominated in the bedroom (as in he takes control, not whips and chains), but to a man, every one of those guys has also wanted to be sexually dominated from time to time. They've loved it when I've taken the lead. It's not at all uncommon for men to have those sorts of fantasies, anymore than it's uncommon for women.

I also don't see why masculine men can't be softspoken and gentle - in fact that's more the case than not. The laid-back, sweet-natured guy I dated who was all roses and snuggling and kisses could also put a bullet in the back of an enemy's head at a few hundred yards. My scary-looking biker ex never raised his voice and regularly made me tea when I came home after him for work, yet he tended to dominate any social circle he moved in. It's the guys who are macho, blustery or pushy who come off as effete to me. I guess some women like that, but I think it just betrays insecurity and weakness.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:32 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
This has been studied and researched many many times, by professionals so im not going to start a poll. Its the third most common sexual fantasy for women. Ive dated quite a few that have told me so as well. Once again its only a fantasy.
They are sex fantasies. They are not to be extrapolated beyond the bedroom if they exist.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:41 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,392,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post
I have grown up hearing women are equal to men in everything. In fact, I heard from girls they can be as strong as men and should be allowed to fight in combat! However, women's supposed desire to be equal to men seems to be limited to work and non-relationship type settings. They definitely want men lead relationships. Here are 3 simple examples of this (probably many more can be given):

1.) Most women don't approach guy. Men are still supposed to hit on girls and ask them out.

2.) Women want men to make decisions, like where to go on vacation, on dates, etc. Often I hear women complaining of their men leaves it up to them.

3.) I have never heard of a women KNEELING down and proposing to man. Most women don't propose to men and ones that do probably won't be going down on their knees!

I think women really should be equal in all aspects to men. Women should be willing take the lead (see the above) at least 50% of the time. To me it seem like women only want equality if it benefits them!
What a crock.

1) I approach guys in Internet dating all the time. I will occasionally strike up a conversation if a guy seems receptive when I'm out. But I am only occasionally receptive to the same - like if I'm alone and not hanging with friends.

2) I've never had a problem making vacation/date/activity discussions. I believe most women who complain have a problem when guys withdraw entirely from the process on a continual basis.

3) I don't want a man to kneel down to propose to me. I'd rather we have a discussion and decide that we were going to get married rather than some weird scenario where a guy "pops" the question. I mean, isn't there just a point in the relationship where you realize that marriage is in the future and it's just a matter of logistics after that? Why wouldn't you talk about it and arrive at the decision jointly? The rest is just culturally imposed staging.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:50 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,929,527 times
Jrzdefector: You'd be the exception, not the rule. Women do not want equality. Examples?

When was the last time you heard of women organizing to protest that they can't register for the draft?.
Women are given custody of the children in most divorces. I've never heard of a woman complaining about this.
Women expect the guy to buy, pursue in the dating game.

Anyone who bought the bilge that a woman can do everything a man can do as good or better really needs to think. If that's the case, why are there women's sports?

Old 07-29-2012, 04:01 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
I thought the discussion was about whether women want/expect men to lead in the home front, not about the draft and custody. Custody has changed so much since before the women's movement, btw; men get custody now, if that's in the child's best interest, and there's a lot of joint custody awarded. But I digress. Decisions at home are usually done on a mutual basis, and if it's the woman's home the couple is living in, she calls the shots on anything pertaining to the house itself. It's often the woman who decides whether to have kids, and how many to have, sometimes by stealth. So I'm not sure in what areas in the relationship the man would lead, anyway.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:31 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Jrzdefector: You'd be the exception, not the rule. Women do not want equality. Examples?

When was the last time you heard of women organizing to protest that they can't register for the draft?.
Women are given custody of the children in most divorces. I've never heard of a woman complaining about this.

Anyone who bought the bilge that a woman can do everything a man can do as good or better really needs to think. If that's the case, why are there women's sports?
Men who fight for custody tend to get it greater rates than women. My husband never registered for the draft. It's highly doubtful our corporate government machine would initiate a draft for one of these political wars. I don't play professional sports. Neither do you. With that said, I don't think we're equal, but that doesn't have anything to do with gender.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:36 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,395,298 times
Quote:
Yup... in an Arkansas bowling alley or an Alabama welfare office.

Outside of this extremely narrow, pathetic area.... no way.

Suggestion to you: move away from the bowling alley, trailer park, welfare office or miniature golf venue and frequent a graduate school. Your reality will become more "real."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships