Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 06:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
OK cupid has an interesting feature in that it color codes the frequency with which a user responds to messages sent to him/her. The trend is jaw-dropping. Almost exclusively, most attractive women fell under "extremely selective" when it came to replies. These women were not all 9s either. Turn the tables and all men, to include men I consider way above these womens' league looks wise, and without exception men all fell under "replies often". So the idea that men aren't pursuing doesn't pan out. They are. Women are just out of their minds. They over-value their dating worth. They are their own enemy. This feature exposes these tendencies wide open. Guess what, having "replies very selectively" on your profile is NOT going to get you the results you want. I certainly won't. Willingness to engage is an incredibly valuable quality in courting, for "decent men". If we don't see a willingness to engage, we won't pursue. Simple as that. Nobody owes you attention. Nobody.
Actually - perhaps men are doing most of the pursuing. If men are usually the first ones to contact the women - then women would be getting many more people contacting than men would. So let's say a beautiful woman gets contacted by 100 men and only responds to 10. Maybe it would say that she is very selective. Let's say the really attractive guy only gets contacted by 10 women but he responds to 7 of them. Maybe it would say he repsonds often. Aren't the men on here always saying how women never make the first move and never ask men out? Well - if that is the case - then your assumptions about women based on the statistics don't add up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 06:33 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I gathered that. I know what the 'd' in his name means
I can give you a whoooole myriad of "d" words that describe him...but the mods will ding me...if I get tempted, I'll start not to care..

Old 08-04-2011, 06:43 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
I think that if you really were a rational and logical person. You would see that Russian women are some of the worse type of woman. Basically what I said about women being mala fide holds much truth. Remember men, are easily blinded by sex or the promise of sex. Women know that. Once you have a man in his clutches he loses everything that made him logical or rational and the womanizers are typically sociopaths. So they never were logical or rational to begin with. Women know that so they just use them for sex. I think in all cultures women are the same. It doesn't matter where you go, people are the same.

The whole idea that if you were to go to Africa, Europe, South America and find better women. Is laughable. Remember people are people.
Will you stop saying BS already??? You took a trip to Russia and now you are an expert? Enough already. You have zero validity in anything you have said in this post....or in any of your posts really.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Well thousands of men every year are going overseas and finding more success with women.

Overall, Russian are way more feminine than American women. Sure there are some bad Russian women but they haven't been brainwashed by feminism.

Women in south america, parts of asia and eastern europe are more family oriented and appreciate a decent guy more than american women.
Some are more feminine and some are not. I'm so tired of generalizations.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanwoman54 View Post
Yes and no. Eastern European women do tend to be family oriented (which is hard not to be when generations live under one roof), but from what I have seen (as I have lived there), their main goal is to get out of their country and live, they think, a prosperous life as they think all American men are rich. But too, many of the younger ones are very educated and are wanting to be in a country where women are treated fairly. And what is weird, is that under communism, they were as far a jobs are concerned; but were still considered second-class citizens as far as other rights.

And Russian women being feminine?? Hmmmmm...they are sexy and at times subservient, as like many other women from Easten Europe, their main goal is to get out of their country. One has to remember that under communism, they (men and women) were all "comrades" and with the state dictating the fashion, there was not a lot of feminine apparel around. So I am not too sure where that statement came from!
Russia is soon going to supersede America in their power. Trust me, less and less EE women want to migrate to USA. People are living in the past and still value this country for more than it is.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I find it hilarious that men on this thread are bragging about Russian women! I guess they're too obtuse to know that men who going over to Russia are basically buying a paid *****. The women marry some fat old American man they couldn't care a damn about in order to get out of Russia. If these guys are so dense they think these Russian broads really 'love' them, they are beyond redemption.

A simple trade-off. The moment these women get to America, they start searching for a thinner, handsomer, younger American man to have sex with. But she's got her green card, voila!
Another narrow-minded American who doesn't know what she is talking about.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:58 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,057 times
Raging Hetero is right, IMO.

I wouldn't have returned the phone call either. I would not call a strange man to "chat", even if he asked me to. I would have dismissed his VM request of "Call me back" as a meaningless phrase that people toss out to conclude a conversation, such as "See you later".

If a man is truly interested in a woman, it's not a great strategy to put the ball in the woman's court. It's too easy for another man to come onto the court and steal the ball. If you aren't truly interested and you don't care one way or the other, then I don't know why we're even discussing it.

If you want to sit back and wait for women to ask you out, that's your choice but you'll be seriously shrinking the pool of available women and you'll be sitting on the sidelines a lot.
P.S. You are in no danger of being thought of as a creep for calling a second time.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:03 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
I don't really get it either. I've been married twice, and I never really dated anyone who didn't want to marry me. I am still married to a great guy, but I know that, right now, if I was not married there would be several men I know who would persue me, even though I think I have very high standards and demand to be treated with respect.
I'm not a great beauty, but I think that I relate to men well and make them feel good to be around me. Maybe the women who have trouble finding men are just not good at listening or being considerate of the man's feelings.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:14 PM

973 posts, read 1,705,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Russia is soon going to supersede America in their power. Trust me, less and less EE women want to migrate to USA. People are living in the past and still value this country for more than it is.
May I ask how you know this? Have your been there? Just wondering...

Old 08-04-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanwoman54 View Post
May I ask how you know this? Have your been there? Just wondering...
I'm FROM there. Born and raised. And rest assured, follow their politics very closely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships