Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 10:55 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times

Advertisements

Key words: Women Complain the rest is wasted

Women complain, not because they want something fixed, they complain to vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 AM

286 posts, read 366,645 times
Default A note to the men

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
Because here is an educated, one sigma above median income earning, able bodied, sexually active man, ACTIVELY bemoaning the fact I'd like to stop sport #ucking hookers and cougars for the chance at developing a monogamous life partnership.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Women need to adjust their thinking, this kamikaze attitude is sending us all to a boiling cauldron of single motherhood American Hell. And nobody's happy, not even the married ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm sorry, but whatever you think you are doesn't translate. You have so much baggage. It's doubtful you will find a decent woman willing to change her thinking to put up with all that shyte. I'm sure that sounds terrible, and I feel sorry for you, but jesus. There is no way this stuff doesn't seep off of you off line. I bet you wear it like a sign.
To the men out there: gentlemen, the above interaction is instructive. Here we have a man, Hindsight, who shares something about his experiences and feelings relating to the topic under discussion. Sure, it may sound unpleasant, but that's because it's a truthful account of unpleasant experiences and feelings.

Then we have a woman, Braunwyn, who chooses, for lack of a better term, to kick him in the balls. She chooses to see nothing but negativity in the man. She chooses not to see that he is facing real challenges, confiding truthfully about it, and doing what he can to take care of the situation. And she chooses to speculate that the utter negativity she perceives in him is what represents him as a person and pervades his life far beyond the confines of this discussion.

Wow.

Now, suppose it were a woman, say, crying in the therapists office. Should we berate this woman and say that because she is crying, she's a miserable loser who must be a total nuisance to everyone she meets in life? I wouldn't do that. That would be cold, and probably untrue.

While I would agree that Hindsight probably shouldn't recite the same lines during a first date , I think what he shared is perfectly legitimate in the context of this discussion. The situation I described in my earlier posts is something that, to a noticeable degree, is happening in our world today, and so it's bound to cause a lot of heartache and headache for some people, both men and women, in real life. To beat someone up for confiding their heartache and headache around that situation is, well, a bit much.

In China, there's a saying, "it takes two coins to make a noise." So I am not one to say that the situation is caused purely by men, or purely by women. As I've already acknowledged, the Madonna/VVhore complex among men is real, but this has already been thoroughly discussed and analyzed for decades. What's less understood is the Provider/Stud complex (as I like to call it) and its increasing spread and severity over the past few decades. So it's my suggestion that we consider this, even though it may not be politically correct to say that women, either individually or generally, share any responsibility for society's ills.

As for women, it would be more constructive for them to consider whether or not women in general, and the trends they're following, have some participation in creating the heartaches and headaches that have been described. I have already given a practical suggestion (that they educate each other, and their daughters, nieces, etc., on what a decent man looks like), but to my knowledge, none of them are interested.

What does this mean? That women like the direction things are going? That they want to entrench themselves further in the Provider/Stud complex? That they want to move toward a society of extreme "soft polygamy" and "hypergamy"? That they want their daughters to form harems around the alpha males and spit on the rest?

In that case (getting back to the original question), could it be that some women complain about not finding decent men as a cover for their bad boy fixations? So they can continue that fixation while pretending it's not what they want?

I don't mean to sound overly-serious about this. Actually, it's all kind of amusing to me -- especially watching people react in predictable ways, e.g., a few women "running to the alpha male" (Prince Frog) to protect them (metaphorically, and in absentia) while they make unflattering remarks about the other males (e.g., me, after "pulling back the curtains" on their motivations). It's funny!

Last edited by Hans63; 08-07-2011 at 12:12 PM..

Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Hans - you don't make me uncomfortable. Your whole stud/provider thing that you keep bringing up to me may be your interpretation of the world as you see it - but makes no sense to me. Just as the madonna/***** thing makes no sense to me either. Real people don't fit into boxes like that.

As for Hindsight - you will find that every single one of his posts drips of bitterness and anger towards women. I actually stopped reading most of his posts because they just seem to be tirades about his negativity for the whole female gender. If it was one post - it would be confiding. When it's every single post on multiple threads - they become rants.

Let me ask you this - how is your love life? Have you had good relationships? Do you personally know a lot of women that complain about not finding a decent man? Do you personally complain about not finding a decent woman?

Old 08-07-2011, 12:36 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
There are multiple reasons why women are so horribly unhappy in their relations with men. One thing to note is some women pass up a TON of guys from the age of 18-33 or so by wasting their time with the bad boy/jerk/player/stud phase. Which is a real phase a lot of women seem to go through. It's not that they never had offers from decent guys...the problem is, they didn't give them a chance. What happens is they wake up at 34 and decide all of a sudden they want one of the good guys...but those are the exact same guys she passed up years earlier.

Those same guys no longer want her anymore because those guys either already found someone or they are successfully going after younger women in their 20's. I see a lot of women in their 30's on the dating sites whining about not being able to find a good guy which just adds more proof to my theory. Guess what? We're out there, we just don't want you anymore and you lost your chance.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Those same guys no longer want her anymore because those guys either already found someone or they are successfully going after younger women in their 20's. I see a lot of women in their 30's on the dating sites whining about not being able to find a good guy which just adds more proof to my theory. Guess what? We're out there, we just don't want you anymore and you lost your chance.
If those claiming to be "good" guys on this forum while actually being hard-core misogynists are any indicators of the situation in the real world, the women don't need to worry about missing a damn thing!

Old 08-07-2011, 01:09 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
Quote:
There are multiple reasons why women are so horribly unhappy in their relations with men. One thing to note is some women pass up a TON of guys from the age of 18-33 or so by wasting their time with the bad boy/jerk/player/stud phase. Which is a real phase a lot of women seem to go through. It's not that they never had offers from decent guys...the problem is, they didn't give them a chance. What happens is they wake up at 34 and decide all of a sudden they want one of the good guys...but those are the exact same guys she passed up years earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If those claiming to be "good" guys on this forum while actually being hard-core misogynists are any indicators of the situation in the real world, the women don't need to worry about missing a damn thing!
I don't dislike women I just think the way I lay it out is the truth...and the truth hurts. Let's say a woman dates 100 men from the age of 18-33..now let's say throughout the years she ended up in an exclusive relationship with 10 of them. All 10 men turn out to be bad apples, jerks, players, whatever you want to call it - and the relationship failed before it made it to marriage. Does this mean all 100 men were bad apples or does it have something to do with the type of man she was choosing?

Old 08-07-2011, 01:11 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,893 times
Quote:

Yes.

It's my theory why a portian of men go through their player stages. Not getting sex of affection from women during the teens and 20s affects a man psychologically.

Men have to have sex. If a man goes years without sex it's bad for his mind.

He has to go through his player stage to get what he missed out on.

Besides financially, America is collapsing from within. If so many men keep on going overseas and spending their dollars on women overseas every year....well that doesn't spell good news for America down the road.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
I don't dislike women I just think the way I lay it out is the truth...and the truth hurts. Let's say a woman dates 100 men from the age of 18-33..now let's say throughout the years she ended up in an exclusive relationship with 10 of them. All 10 men turn out to be bad apples, jerks, players, whatever you want to call it - and the relationship failed before it made it to marriage. Does this mean all 100 men were bad apples or does it have something to do with the type of man she chooses?
It may very well have something to do with the type of men she chooses. I wasn't questioning that. All I'm saying is that the self-proclaimed "good" guys don't sound any better. They're basically the same sans being successful with women and therefore bitter about it. Hmm, I have the feeling that if we add both groups together, we'll just about run out of men...

Old 08-07-2011, 01:27 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans63 View Post
Then we have a woman, Braunwyn, who chooses, for lack of a better term, to kick him in the balls. She chooses to see nothing but negativity in the man. She chooses not to see that he is facing real challenges, confiding truthfully about it, and doing what he can to take care of the situation. And she chooses to speculate that the utter negativity she perceives in him is what represents him as a person and pervades his life far beyond the confines of this discussion.
As Dewdrop noted, his posts drip with the negativity. He's always lamenting on about his fat ex wife, about fat women, and pretty much how women are some kind of single entity stepping on the special little flower. Give me a break. And his negativity is his own. Any speculation on my part is neither here nor there. What I'm saying is the truth. People don't want to be bothered with that kind of crap.

Quote:
Now, suppose it were a woman, say, crying in the therapists office. Should we berate this woman and say that because she is crying, she's a miserable loser who must be a total nuisance to everyone she meets in life? I wouldn't do that. That would be cold, and probably untrue.
I say the same things to women who generalize their crappy lives and relationships to men at large. The reality is that a majority of us have had relationships that were much to be desired, but to hold an entire gender responsible is nonsense.

Quote:
While I would agree that Hindsight probably shouldn't recite the same lines during a first date , I think what he shared is perfectly legitimate in the context of this discussion. The situation I described in my earlier posts is something that, to a noticeable degree, is happening in our world today, and so it's bound to cause a lot of heartache and headache for some people, both men and women, in real life. To beat someone up for confiding their heartache and headache around that situation is, well, a bit much.
When that's all that you have to bring to the table what do you expect? Really, do any of you think a decent woman wants to deal with that? You guys need to get real with yourselves. The kind of women interested with the amount of baggage he offers will have the same amount or more baggage.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:29 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I can't rep you as usual, but halleluiah to this post!

Fortunately, for women, there are oodles of excellent, fine men all over the place.

Quote:
I don't dislike women I just think the way I lay it out is the truth...and the truth hurts. Let's say a woman dates 100 men from the age of 18-33..now let's say throughout the years she ended up in an exclusive relationship with 10 of them. All 10 men turn out to be bad apples, jerks, players, whatever you want to call it - and the relationship failed before it made it to marriage. Does this mean all 100 men were bad apples or does it have something to do with the type of man she was choosing?
Ime, nothing of the sort hurts. I don't know how many I dated (in the dozens, not 100), but I had 5 or 6 relationships and all of those guys were just great. Sure, we weren't matches made in heaven, but they all left me with great life experience, treasured memories, and a whole lot of love. If a woman dates that much and all the guys are a$$hats, then that speaks to her character. Just as the experiences noted here by the guys speaks to their character. A point most will probably never grasp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships