Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:55 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,736,632 times

Advertisements

It has been tried it the past. Duh...
She is not a dummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 10:20 PM

48,625 posts, read 35,078,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
"A woman offers it to any man and he will not turn it down after so many times". Granted the woman was out there flaunting her stuff so for the female officer the female sergeant was more to blame.
Any of the parties who was in a committed relationship to another bears more of the blame. If I'm in a committed relationship and hit on 50 times, I still have the responsibility to my other half. Frequency doesn't matter. Honor does.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:55 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,567,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Any of the parties who was in a committed relationship to another bears more of the blame. If I'm in a committed relationship and hit on 50 times, I still have the responsibility to my other half. Frequency doesn't matter. Honor does.
Agreed, what I was pointing out is the attitude some individuals have. I must point that even thought cheating was the ultimate decision of the individual, that does not negate that there are factors that both the husband and the wife contributed to the situation. Many people do not want to accept that but to me that is reality. To me it is interesting that for just about any other situation where people falter it is OK to see the circumstances and what others influence were factors but when it comes to marriage it is not accepted. Well, to me it still applies. On ocassion I have seen the non-cheating party admit how he or she contributed and to me that take honesty and moral courage. Those type of marriage tend to survive more easily than others that let the self take over more strongly. Take care.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:20 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,642,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Exactly. Yet all these people who put an entire gender into a box also wonder why they can't find a trusting relationship. I wonder if they ever get it?
Exactly. "all men or all women", once someone uses black and white thinking it makes them bitter. Imo people have bad marriages for many reasons, then may seek attention elsewhere, cheating is up to the spouse to determine whether to forgive or not- It is a breach of trust.

That being said I never wanted to end up like my neighbor who is 59 and sits home and plays with the dog. The husband cheats, its forgiven ...whatever. I could never live that way. Its not worth ruining your physical and emotional health if you are with a negligent spouse.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:38 AM

615 posts, read 1,679,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I always thought that was a stupid word, 'cheating.' Once upon a time it implied adultery, because you were only supposed to have sex with your spouse, but since now far more relationships are between unmarried couples, it just means having sex outside the relationship. Now I understand wanting to be loyal and keeping yourself only for that person, but I also find of weirdly outdated that people make a huge fuss over cheating when people have an average of many partners during their lifetimes. Few men care about being with a virgin anymore, yet it's not so much of a problem if they've had many partners in the past? Or that they will have other partners in the future? I'm not the jealous type, and in the absence of any sort of moral law we all might as well be swingers. Since that's what evolutionary biologists/anthropologists tell us, that we're not really supposed to even be monogomous. Perhaps we're in a transitional phase?

Yes I know it can be hurtful to be cheated on/hurt somebody, but seriously, people STILL act like sex is so sacramental even when marriage isn't the sacred preserve of sex. Women in particular seem to have no to zero tolerance fo cheating; I just don't see why it's such a HUGE deal, if the r/ship is temporary as well. By this I don't mean for them to not care at all, sure they should be upset if both parties have agreed the r/ship is exclusive, but I mean, if it was only an error of judgement is it really like unforgivable? Sure you can find someone who might not cheat, but it's not the only criteria. I still don't get the mindset between stoning for adultery etc. While we don't stone anymore, that mindset is still there.

It appears that someone is attempting to "validate" infidelity.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:09 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,204,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
It appears that someone is attempting to "validate" infidelity.
Try thinking more deeply about the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships