Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy being single?
Yes, I'm lovin my freedom! 49 36.57%
No, I'm lonely 23 17.16%
Somewhat. I don't need a partner but it would be nice 62 46.27%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:13 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,724,416 times

Advertisements

Yep, going on a year and two months now. I don't miss her specifically but I do miss having that special someone, someone who cares and is always there for you, someone to do things with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 07:46 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,495,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Yep, going on a year and two months now. I don't miss her specifically but I do miss having that special someone, someone who cares and is always there for you, someone to do things with.
Your relationship ended in April 2010? I thought you've been single since you finished high school (and I thought you finished high school in the same year as me, 2009).

Old 06-11-2011, 08:12 AM

88 posts, read 279,387 times
Quote:
I don't think I'll ever be happy being single. I don't have much, just family and some friends. Maybe one close friend... I used to have more close friends but we've become distant. I don't get HOW one could be happy doing nothing every bloody weekend.
There's so, so much to do on your own! And this coming from someone who has been single for 41 years.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:27 AM

22,442 posts, read 29,600,777 times
It has its pros and cons

Old 06-11-2011, 08:38 AM

402 posts, read 590,922 times
Thrilled with it. To the point that I'm not sure I want to get married. Most of my married friends dont actually enjoy being married. A couple of them are in good marriages but they miss their freedom. One of them even admitted that if she knew then what she knows now, she would never have gotten married. I love my freedom.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Your relationship ended in April 2010? I thought you've been single since you finished high school (and I thought you finished high school in the same year as me, 2009).
Nope, I entered that relationship when I finished high school (well about a month after so July '09), ended in April '10.

@JasonDavis maybe in August when I move back on campus I'll have stuff to do. This past school year I rarely had anything to do or anyone to hang out with.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:50 PM

88 posts, read 279,387 times
Oh now I that know your age, I understand. Everything was boring back then, those times don't bring me good memories.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Everyone else in my cohort seems to be having a great time none of them seems to want to grow up, which is fine whatever, but personally I'd rather grow up! I want to be 30, have a car and house and job and just spend my free time driving, cooking, reading and taking care of a dog (since that's probably what's gonna end up happening anyway, I'd rather just get to the point).

Old 06-11-2011, 02:33 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,495,084 times
Quote:
Everyone else in my cohort seems to be having a great time none of them seems to want to grow up, which is fine whatever, but personally I'd rather grow up! I want to be 30, have a car and house and job and just spend my free time driving, cooking, reading and taking care of a dog (since that's probably what's gonna end up happening anyway, I'd rather just get to the point).
I think the biggest obstacle to growing up is how the world doesn't want people our age to grow up.

I somewhat agree with what you're saying. I want to grow up and enjoy the freedom and independence of adult life. But the world makes it hard for people our age to grow up.

Hell, 50 years ago, a high school diploma was enough to get a good job. If times were the same, we'd be 2 years into a good career by now.

But now it's hard for people our age to get any job, let alone a decent paying job. It's almost impossible for someone our age to get a job that pays much more than minimum wage.

Now that college is the new high school diploma, that pretty much forces young people to delay growing up until they graduate college. And then a lot of people have a hard time getting a job after college, which delays growing up even further.

Basically, I think young people want to grow up, but they're not presented with the opportunities to grow up. People say things like "He needs to grow up" when really they should think to themselves "Maybe he wants to grow up but no one will give him a chance"

Old 07-04-2011, 08:59 PM

Default Is anyone alone and happy?

I suppose alone may in itself have connotations of misery, so if you're simply a loner with no friends then consider yourself addressed by my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships