Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy being single?
Yes, I'm lovin my freedom! 49 36.57%
No, I'm lonely 23 17.16%
Somewhat. I don't need a partner but it would be nice 62 46.27%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:01 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,211,694 times

Advertisements

Eh, I've always been kind of a loner. 90% of the time I'm just fine with it, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get lonely/unhappy about it every once in a while.

I just got boned (again), a female friend that's coming down to visit has a boyfriend... again.
I'm sure I'll be done thinking about it tomorrow, but I'm now decidedly "meh" about her visit.

/grumblegrumblegrumble *leading me on* grumblegrumblegrumble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 01:30 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,178,653 times
Directed towards the OP...

I have stated this several times on this forum..but my stance and personal views of this is...."Lonliness is a state of mind."

I was married for ten years to a man in the military and he was gone ALOT..this was not by choice this was his job and I signed up for it when I chose to marry him...But being who I am I made friends easily and I always have my family..I am never truly alone..

After the divorce? He had his mistress then turned girlfriend..I had noone by choice..I realized I needed time to myself to process what had happened and focus on me before I decided to be with someone again..
Had a odd relationship with someone for 2.5 years and he was very clingy and I was so over clingy and independant by nature..sometimes I will isolate..I crave alone time when I am getting emotionally topped out..it is called "Me time"
I love to just lay around with a great book, get lost in it, play chess online, watch indie flicks at a local art house ( By myself) taking rides along the coast..going to the beach by myself...listening to the waves and getting back to me..But then I actually like me...

The biggest misconception singles are faced with is having friends whom are married and want this..without ever thinking...that one can be married and be totally alone in the marriage as well.....

So again lonliness is a state of mind and nothing anyone can fix..you need to like yourself first before anyone else can tolerate you...honestly? How can you be good for someone else if you cannot even be good to yourself? smh...

Old 07-05-2011, 07:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,947,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
no, but I am alone and miserable
Aawwww cheer up tweety we will find you a friend.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,947,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
When you got CD Forums, you can never be lonely!
Haha shut-up wise arse!

Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 PM

22,410 posts, read 29,539,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Yes, but I'm not really alone.

I have a house and a dog and a sports car and alcohol. It's a pretty sweet setup.

That made me laugh!! Perfect answer!

Old 07-05-2011, 07:25 PM

22,410 posts, read 29,539,202 times
I like being alone and I don't. I like my ability to come home stinky from the gym and beat on my brat cat Frankie. Or eat ceral for dinner without having to make dinner for "us" OR laying like a log all day in bed watching tv with SBC...

Now sometimes, I miss having someone to come home to after the gym and wash me or make dinner for "us" or lay in bed with someone..

It really has its ups and downs.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:33 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,065,837 times
Most times I'm ok with being alone, but I need some human interaction on a regular basis.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 PM

1,006 posts, read 737,547 times
Relationship wise, I'm at peace with being single. This is weird because now seems like more than ever I have women approaching me unwarranted. More and more each day I find it difficult to see past how boring and generic most people are. I'm no elitist but I know what sparks my interest and most women don't have it.

I go to work, come home....read or geek out to music without any complaints and I LOVE it. Now don't be confused, the desire to meet someone compatible is certainly there but I'd much rather not get sucked into another relationship with someone who's boring, generic and uninteresting. It can also be noted that many women my age are single mothers, ready made families are not my thing so dating a women with a kid is out of the question.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:44 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,757,385 times
I'm ok being single and dateless. When I find someone, I worry about how it's all going to fall apart. I guess after I get over that hurdle being with someone decent, would be better than being alone.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:18 PM

630 posts, read 1,050,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Relationship wise, I'm at peace with being single. This is weird because now seems like more than ever I have women approaching me unwarranted. More and more each day I find it difficult to see past how boring and generic most people are. I'm no elitist but I know what sparks my interest and most women don't have it.

I go to work, come home....read or geek out to music without any complaints and I LOVE it. Now don't be confused, the desire to meet someone compatible is certainly there but I'd much rather not get sucked into another relationship with someone who's boring, generic and uninteresting. It can also be noted that many women my age are single mothers, ready made families are not my thing so dating a women with a kid is out of the question.

Why don't most women have it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships